It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Night Sky Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am in upstate New York. I have been looking in the lower western sky for the last hour watching what I am going to call the dancing star.

It's movement is hard to notice if you just gander at the night sky. I was walking out to go smoke a cigarette and instead noticed a flickering light to my left so I stood and watched it for a minute. That minute turned into an hour with my wife and her sister and her sister's friend joining me to watch this dancing star.

For me, it is in the lower western sky and its shimmer is dynamic. If you watch it for long enough, you start to detect its movement. And then its movement becomes incredibly easy to see. It moves up, down, left, right, counter-clockwise, clockwise, wobbles up, wobbles down, zig-zags... It's actually incredible.

Of course, I know that no star does this... but I don't know what it is.

I have no beliefs no way or another regarding the topic of extra-planetary beings or the different kinds of technology. But I do know what I see and I'm positive that we aren't the only people who can see it.

So, anyone who is able to discern where this object is in relation to their current location on this planet, please step outside and check this out.

I used binoculars to check it out and even though the binoculars make it difficult to make out the movement due to shakiness (therefore I propped them up on my car to check it out) You can witness the independent movement of that object. It does in the same general spot and move at the same rate as the rotation of the earth, but within its own tiny little spot in the sky, it certainly is moving independently.

I really don't know what does that kind of thing, so I will be glad to get an answer if anyone has one?

But more importantly, I just want everyone to check it out and stare at it for a while. It was a good time. And my wife even gave up Law & Order to watch it...

If you knew my wife, that would be enough to convince you.

Enjoy the rest of the night.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Autokinesis .I am not saying this what you saw but just something to consider when viewing objects at night ,i have been caught out many times when i have seen "stars dancing"only to line them up next to a stationary object and find they are not moving .It is quite contagious to.
www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It actually is a satellite, probably for cell phones and the like. It sways left and right just a tad, right, like it's trying to center itself? That's the controllers keeping the satellite in prime position by "jogging" it and keeping it in place for as long as they can.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
yup, that's right. ....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What planet is that out there tonight anyways? I've been wondering...

(off topic I know but it does reference the object seen in the OP! haha)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's Venus. All year long.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
It's Venus. All year long.

Yes, Venus was on the opposite side of the sky of this object last night.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Autokinesis .I am not saying this what you saw but just something to consider when viewing objects at night ,i have been caught out many times when i have seen "stars dancing"only to line them up next to a stationary object and find they are not moving .It is quite contagious to.
www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

That's exactly what I thought it was (without knowing the term for it). That's why I stared at it for so long. When I went to the car to roll my cigarette, I stared at the star by putting the right side of my head in the car and my left eye at the edge of the door hinge and hid the star directly behind the hinge to see if it would show. It did and does.

I literally believed for the longest time that it was my mind making it seem like it moves. But, then, when I look through the binoculars while they are staying still on my car without my touch (on the hood angled up at the star neatly - better than I could have expected!), the dang thing still swirled around like it was a bright little bug wading in the water.

Then it would stop for a moment... and then it would just go crazy.

But autokinesis in multiple people at the same time is possible...however, I even said, "Okay it's moving left" or "It's moving down" or whatever it was doing and they all agreed.

And my wife, like I said, saw it and decided to skip Law & Order because of what she saw.

So... I don't claim to know what it was/is, but because of the methods I used to check it out, I'm gonna have to stick with I know personally for a fact that it was moving independently of the stars.

Of course, I cannot prove anything, which is why I wanted everyone to go out and check it out...

I will look for it tonight. I will hope that others look out for it, too. It's probably about 45-70 degrees left of the Big Dipper and it has a distinct normal 'ole star located at 5 o'clock about a stretched hands width apart from it. The object itself looks as though it is reflecting the sun because the color of it is the same as the light the sun gives off and is not the same color as any stars in the sky. It shimmers usually relatively violently as well.

I will hope that people will include in their replies that they looked for it and describe what they see and then y'all can conclude for me, if we agree it was the same object, that I was experiencing autokinesis.

Thanks for the term, by the way!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
It actually is a satellite, probably for cell phones and the like. It sways left and right just a tad, right, like it's trying to center itself? That's the controllers keeping the satellite in prime position by "jogging" it and keeping it in place for as long as they can.

That is a great idea.

I would bet my life on it.

But I just would like people to make sure. Did you check it out or are you guessing?

Dang thing really dances though. I mean, when it gets to moving, it's doing figure 8's and swirls... but you saw that in my OP so I'm assuming you know that is a possibility.

Yeah, it probably is a satellite then, but let's all make sure just to humor me. It's dang fun watching that thing dance anyhow.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yes I see them as well I count 3 for sure. All people got to do is look up they move very strange why all the other stars dont. I am starting to think some are to notice and some are not, but they do for sure move. I spoke on these before in various threads and get Arcturus or Mars and Always Venus lol. I factored in earth space movement as well as mabey the light from these objects is bending from the light reflecting around darkspace or dark matter. But that would meen they are still moving
The main 1 you can see is in a formation of 3 stars and its the red 1 in the center. 1c centered on these with the I usually look to my left approx. 110 degrees and see the moon. If I look to my right approx. 75 degrees mabey 80 degrees I see the other redish orange and white 1 twinkle, rotate another 40 degress the last 1 I see blu whitish 1. Look up.

S&F op for speaking on it for many dont wanna see them.

[edit on 8/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I'll check it out to see if I notice others that move.

I don't know why people would accuse you of watching Venus dance. Venus is easy to notice as a planet. Last night, Venus was about 160 degrees counter-clockwise from the object in question, so I peered at it through binoculars. Definitely bright. It was moving pretty fast especially since it is moving with the rotation of the earth... I noticed every five minutes I turned around and it had moved a couple of arm-stretched side-ways fingers.

I'm sure there is a term for that...

Edit to make sure people realize I mean that Venus is easily noticeable anyway.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I will be over near that location tonight so if I see any I will try and find this thread or start a new one. Because I think if more people started checking them out there may be real answers to what they are. I just think if people notice what are stars and planets moving they would fresk out me I smile and watch wondering what they are I try my best to reverse my thinking when I see them like no these are not moving but they are. Keep you posted. To me the way they move seems like they are comming this direction just from a far distance hence the up down sway left to right movements (I HOPE I AM NOT SEEING BLUE BEAM GAME THOUGH), but who knows....

[edit on 8/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
After checking out Google Sky, I'm almost positive this is near or exactly the position of the object I was looking at.

RA: 15h18m33.5s
DEC: +2°4m56.7s

Messier 5 apparently.

So, if what I was looking at was a globular cluster, how is it possible that it swims??

I made sure... we all made sure.

I'll get back to y'all to let you know if I made a mistake about the location.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I live in Ottawa, Canada and saw the same thing actually, flickering and somewhat movement, so did my brother who pointed it out, didn't think too much of it, but it was pretty interesting.

top topics

join