It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the colony season 2 - no deaths yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The Discovery channel has a show where survivors (this time from an h5n5 like virus) stay alive waiting for room to open up in a gov't secure area. One show had them fight off a group who wanted their medical supplies. They were beaten off after a pitiful battle
Another, one of the women was held hostage for food by 3 bad guys. They gave them most of their food and got their woman back.
Only semi-realistic. I guess you can't really kill off the actors(?).
With the ones after the medical supplies I would have wounded one and if the didn't leave killed off all but the women. Their men would help buttress the food supply.
The men who held the woman hostage for food would have to die right off. You can not have dangerous animals near civilization. Chances are the woman would not have died in the attack.
If they are preparing us for the worst, this is not even close.
He said to turn the other cheek but he also said rabid dogs (if they could not be healed) had to be put down.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What a stupid show.

I'd actually watch it if there was the slightest chance that they'd go all, "Lord of the Flies" and someone would get a boulder dropped on their head.

And they should have changed the name from, "The Colony" to "Easy Pickings"!

[edit on 29-8-2010 by jerico65]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I like this show. Although not entirely realistic, it gets pretty intense from time to time.

Starving people fending for themselves, drinking rain water, people being kidnapped, pretty cool idea for a show.

And remember, last season they invented a homeade flamethrower and were seriously trying to set the invaders on fire.

I predict that by season 4 there will be at least one instance of fatality. Pretty interesting, considering this show reflects a tamed down version of what the world will be like after a SHTF type scenario.

join