It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chupacabra today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here's a description of what the true Chupacbra is supposed to look like. Its supposed to suck the blood out of livestock.

The chupacabras[1] (Spanish pronunciation: [tʃupaˈkaβɾas], from chupar "to suck" and cabra "goat", literally "goat sucker"), is a legendary cryptid rumored to inhabit parts of the Americas. It is associated more recently with sightings of an allegedly unknown animal in Puerto Rico (where these sightings were first reported), Mexico, and the United States, especially in the latter's Latin American communities.[2] The name comes from the animal's reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock, especially goats. Physical descriptions of the creature vary. Eyewitness sightings have been claimed as early as 1995 in Puerto Rico, and have since been reported as far north as Maine, and as far south as Chile. It is supposedly a heavy creature, the size of a small bear, with a row of spines reaching from the neck to the base of the tail. Biologists and wildlife management officials view the chupacabras as a contemporary legend.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d20447d7662.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83b85181105c.jpg[/atsimg]

The media seems to have dubbed these hairless dog looking creatures as the Chupacabra.

In July 2004, a rancher near San Antonio, Texas, killed a hairless dog-like creature, which was attacking his livestock.[6] This animal, initially given the name the Elmendorf Beast, was later determined by DNA assay conducted at University of California, Davis to be a coyote with demodectic or sarcoptic mange. In October 2004, two more carcasses were found in the same area. Biologists in Texas examined samples from the two carcasses and determined they were also coyotes suffering from very severe cases of mange.[7] In Coleman, Texas, a farmer named Reggie Lagow caught an animal in a trap he set up after the deaths of a number of his chickens and turkeys. The animal was described as resembling a mix of hairless dog, rat, and kangaroo. Lagow provided the animal to Texas Parks and Wildlife officials for identification, but Lagow reported in a September 17, 2006 phone interview with John Adolfi, founder of the Lost World Museum, that the "critter was caught on a Tuesday and thrown out in Thursday's trash."[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2847ca8936a9.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b12857193313.jpg[/atsimg]

So these Coyote/Canine animals have taken on the name Chupacabra, yet they dont fit the description of the true Chupacabra and they dont suck the blood from there victims.

As someone who likes reading sightings and information about the true Chupacabra this has started to annoy me.

Did someone just see these hairless dogs and have no clue what they were so they just called them Chupacabra's and it stuck? Was it because of the hairless/mangey dogs teeth? Did people think they resembled "vampire" teeth and we used to somehow drain the blood from its victims?

Here's a recent story about how a "Chupacabra" was found in a camper and it ended up biting a women. The animal was later shot and killed and is being tested right now to see what is was.

Here's a picture of the animal that bit her.
Sure looks like a hairless dog to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15b6b32262b0.jpg[/atsimg]

www.cryptomundo.com...

I would love the mainstream media to stop calling the hairless dogs Chupacabra's. They obviously are not familar with what the true Chupacabra is supposed to look like and what its supposed to do to its victims. They can continue reporting about these animals if they want, but it would be nice if they gave them a seperate name.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2db5087e939.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers

[edit on 29-8-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I remember back in the mid '80's when people in Puerto Rico were reporting some of the first sightings and eyewitness claims about this chupacabre creature... according to them, your first picture is what was described, not the hairless dogs.. of course it seems unlikely that it would be the far more alien looking creature than the crossbreed dog.. but people said then that this thing had mental powers and could do strange things.. and the spines on it's back were said to change colors like irridescent or pearlescent paint would... I don't believe all those witnesses were lying about it..

In any case, this has been a highly interesting thing happening over periods of a couple decades or more.. pretty strange..

I never forgot the funny chupacabre song:

"There once was a creature that was called chupacabre.
Four feet tall like a big fat chihuahua..
Mexico City, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua- eh chupacabre!

Heard that on the older Art Bell shows..

[edit on 29-8-2010 by alienreality]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It seems like the people believing the hairless mange covered animals are chupacabres are really drawing at straws for something that can't be explained.
The testimonies from early on are pretty vivid and shared likeness with other stories. Real/fake/paranormal or not, what's with people believing common feral dogs are the source of these tales lol...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I do not believe that this hairless dog is capable of creating a small hole on an animal and sucking the blood out of it without spilling blood on the surrounding areas.
Please correct me if I am wrong but I remember there being reports of the chupacabras removing organs from its victims using that same small hole on the animals skin and that there was a long straw like tongue that was used to eat the organs from inside of the animals body and there were random organs missing from each victim.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i think that authorities have *zero* official explanation for chupacabra reports, so they're trying to find any other strange creatures to blame it on, in hopes of easing people's concerns regarding the creature. making people think that this creature is a chupacabra, not nearly as scary as the other reports, not nearly as "otherworldly" as other reports, much more "logical"...is probably just a way to ease people's fears and give them peace of mind. i started learning about el chupacabra back in the 7th or 8th grade, late 90s. the drawn up pics in the OP are what i've always known to be the chupacabra, not anything like these wild dogs.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah, it annoys me too. But, well, news is not giving knowledge anymore (is that why are we here?). They all follow the money, and, damn, a hairless dog could do the chupacabras job to make people see the channel and its publicity ads..

What annoys me more than they erasing the real chupacabras look, is that those news agencies are destroying the name of the criptozoology, showing it like a resource for crazy people with crazy ideas..

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Spinotoror]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Many of the first observations also reported glowing red eyes, which was one of the major characteristics...

new topics

top topics

join