It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in the future for us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
With the economy possibly going towards a depression, the country being divided
by useless politicians playing the blame game. The jobs are gone, real estate is toast since unemployment is up and everyone's credit is screwed. The media has been playing us for idiots. How many times did we see on the news that the economy was growing and everyone should run out and buy a home?

I think reality is starting to set in about our current situation, it's scary. One thing I read that made me think, is the U.S. Dollar a Ponzi Scheme? I mean, is the dollars value inflated? The government keeps printing it, the world can't let the dollar drop, it would definitely destroy the world economy since a few countries use it as their currency.

We need jobs, from where?
We need people to spend more, how, people are broke?
Businesses are not being helped by banks, banks aren't lending because they understand the situation.
Citibank is being accused of cooking the books.

I have never seen so many people riding the bus, begging for money, closed businesses. Am I the only one seeing this?

People like Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are making tons of money off of the followers, they don't care about any of us just ratings!

We need to invest into education, our kids are not doing well when compared to other countries. How come we spend the most in the world in education and healthcare but rank below some 3rd world countries?

We are ending up like Rome, do we need a war to change this!

I love this country, I served in the military. Why are soldiers coming back from the middle east and not getting the attention they deserve?

Please no wise guys, if you don't like my posting please reply nicely.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think the only way a society can function and profit is if it was trades-based, because people can't live comfortably without the benefits of byproducts of trades... Educate our kids in the trades because there will always need to be cooks... farmers... plumbers... manufacturers...designers... on and on.

We need to reward the real workers and restore democracy.

We have to instill pride in young people. They have no hope. They know they are screwed- They will not bother improving themselves like educating themselves on how to build their community. They know there will be wars, distractions, troubles, lies.

Most of these who are threatened live in fear of criminals, hunger and homelessness, and they may know that to fight off these things, they may die or go to jail because there is a man with a gun telling them that this is the law, and that they have to like it.

These things are very demoralizing, which is perhaps how the powers-that-be want it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Do you REALLY want the globalized, capitalist, milquetoast, ecocidal, urbanized, suburbanized, consumerist, cookie-cutter descent into Fascism to continue?

I don't.

Like many others... I hesitantly welcome collapse. I welcome a collapse of the bad and an ushering in of better, saner society. Will that happen? As a realist... I can say probably not. HOWEVER, we are ultimately, collectively in control of our collective future. Our decisions right this second will echo into the future, even if minutely.

No fate but what we make. Let's try to make it a better one.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

what about the concept that this is the end be4 the new age?? we are moving into a cycle where materialism ect. will no longer be an issue-go for the soul-collective oneness-the source af all sources--no admission fee --we will get there!! c u on the other side friend!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxzen2004
I love this country, I served in the military. Why are soldiers coming back from the middle east and not getting the attention they deserve?

What attention do you feel they deserve?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
One way to help the economy: NOT take away the private sector jobs that have been and will continue to be the thriving point of our economy. The government is trying to take away private sector jobs (which is mostly made up of minority owned and small businesses) to turn them into governmental jobs. This is the process of insourcing. The government says that it's motive behind this process is that they will save money. On August 9th, Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced that the insourcing directive was NOT saving money. Some say that because Gates said this that the insourcing directive is dead. That is the furthest from the truth that someone could get. Other agencies are still insourcing. This is NOT going to help the people, our economy, and especially NOT the government. How is any of this a good idea!?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jazabel51

You break my heart, man. It would be nice if things could be like this but I don't think we live in that kind of a world. My heart is a stone and you remind me of a time when it was not. You are going to have to get some armor plating to protect that optimism. Don't let it consume you, but always try to keep a little flame of it guttering somewhere inside, otherwise life ain't really worth living. The older you get the harder it gets.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
SERF CITY HERE WE COME..
much like a feudal system. with wretched peasants
being subject to abusive tax collectors and the sheriff's men.
rounded up and sent to labor camps until the debt is paid.
sent of to the crusades for conquest and empire.
our future is now.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alizabeth
One way to help the economy: NOT take away the private sector jobs that have been and will continue to be the thriving point of our economy. The government is trying to take away private sector jobs (which is mostly made up of minority owned and small businesses) to turn them into governmental jobs. This is the process of insourcing. The government says that it's motive behind this process is that they will save money. On August 9th, Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced that the insourcing directive was NOT saving money. Some say that because Gates said this that the insourcing directive is dead. That is the furthest from the truth that someone could get. Other agencies are still insourcing. This is NOT going to help the people, our economy, and especially NOT the government. How is any of this a good idea!?

Small and medium enterprises need serious help. Everything is sliding into monopolies or cartels, which themselves are sliding into government control, and this is scary stuff.

One thing to give hope -- a collapse does not have to be the end of the world. We could have five or ten very hard years and then bounce back saner and healthier. When Chile and Argentina went through hyperinflation, it was awful, but today both countries are more vibrant and stronger than they were in the 70s. The collapse of the Soviet Union brought hard years in Russia, but I think things are looking up there.

The US may go through much worse pain in the coming years, but eventually there is likely to be a light at the end of the tunnel. You can rarely extrapolate from straight-line trends. That means no eternally-increasing boom but, fortunately, no endless decline, either.

Look at it this way: In the 1500s, Spain and Portugal were the mightiest nations on earth, the undisputed hegemons of Europe with colonies flung across the globe and gold pouring in. Today, the the two countries have a much less prominent place in the world -- but few would dispute the fact that the average Spanish citizen lives a much more comfortable and pleasant life than the average Spanish citizen in the 1500s.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I agree with all the comments, I hope for the best and hopefully 2012 will bring a new Ranaissance! We need change! An awakening, we are capable of much more!

top topics

join