It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collateral Friendship!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
These photos do nothing for me as I'd venture to bet that 99% of them are staged. The only way to save this world from the sad state it has degraded to is for a galactic catastrophe to wipe out this joke of a civilization. I'm really hoping that something like that is right around the corner. This world is one of the most ugliest planets in the universe.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by DocEmrick]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That's right, regardless of any good deeds soldiers do, they should be condemned right? There is nothing good about them or what they do, ever.

Have you ever thought that maybe some of these soldiers actually do have hearts and consciouses and remorse? Maybe some of them generally want to make a couple kids or group of people smile and try to take away from what is their daily life of hell.

It's so damn easy to sit in a computer chair and criticize and mock and downplay any good deeds that these people do.

We all understand, war is hell and if it were up to us, there would be no war or conflicts, but unfortunately there are. However, sometimes there are genuinely good people trying to help others and not gun down anything that moves.

For once, pull your one-sided heads out of your asses and just understand that just because someone is in the military doesn't make them a heartless killer...grow up

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Rockstar02]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A good soldier is one who defends his own country from agression, he is not the agressor in anothers land.

A good soldier is one who fights to protect the citizens of that country, he is not the oppresor of free speach while using a batton on his own countrymen.

A good soldier is one who is brave and fearless in combat, he is not watching a monitor as his 30 mm mowes down innocent civilians.

A good soldier knows his morals and ethics will make him welcomed by his fellow countrymen, he is not someone who dosnt care about what others think about his actions.

A good soldier upholds the ideals of humanity, humility and whats right and wrong. he does not pull the trigger while ignoring his reasons for being an invader.

I could go on...................

Respects

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
All soldiers are human beings and we're all unique. It's unfair to generalize soldiers just as it is to generalize a race or members of a religion. We all see the world a little differently.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar02
That's right, regardless of any good deeds soldiers do, they should be condemned right? There is nothing good about them or what they do, ever.

Have you ever thought that maybe some of these soldiers actually do have hearts and consciouses and remorse? Maybe some of them generally want to make a couple kids or group of people smile and try to take away from what is their daily life of hell.

It's so damn easy to sit in a computer chair and criticize and mock and downplay any good deeds that these people do.

We all understand, war is hell and if it were up to us, there would be no war or conflicts, but unfortunately there are. However, sometimes there are genuinely good people trying to help others and not gun down anything that moves.

For once, pull your one-sided heads out of your asses and just understand that just because someone is in the military doesn't make them a heartless killer...grow up

I think you should grow up because you sound very naive . You really think if someone joins the military he thinks about ,,helping people" ?
Its either ,,money" (aka job) or "serving owns country" but these days it means ,,serving dirty government as a cannon fodder" .

Maybe those compassionate poeple who go around the world helping others should become doctors or firemen, and not soldier because that kinda implies shooting people in the head ? I don't know, just an idea .

And soldiers shoot when they are ordered too, so it doesn't matter if they are ,,nice" or not .

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Welcome to life.

The poor always get the short end of the stick - and not just in war.

It is the parents responsibility to try and give the best life possible for their children. A vicious cycle that will always exist in the near future.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It was totally worth disgracing our country and devastating a foreign nations infrastructure and killing this kids parents so we can take a propaganda photo of him on a seesaw with one of our troops!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It makes me really sad to think that a few pictures are supposed to nullify the horrible mistakes made by sending our troops to fight for oil. It makes me even sadder to think that people justify this war. "ok kids, after the seesaw ride line up for re-education or execution."

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Seesawing with a child when you are armed is NOT heroic. Peace-keeping troops is such an oxymoron. Mind you, I served in Desert Storm and am a combat veteran and feel compelled to chime in. For shame America. Stop the military industrial complex! Create a Department of Peace. Stop power mongering and influencing smaller sovereign nations for resources! Stop being obtuse! For shame.

After edit: Forgot to include "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." Samuel Johnson

[edit on 30-8-2010 by AnotherSon]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
im really happy at the sheer volume of anti war posters on this thread , its good to see so many are aware that , our countries are now sending people to die to protect corporate interests or to steal valuable resources from sovereign nations.

Anyone in the military is already hard coded in the brain to love the military , because we all know God has a hard on for marines , hell they even name their guns. Aside from the fictitious side of war , we can only imagine the brutal reality as we sit at home wondering where it all went so horribly wrong.

Sure these kids are fooled to believe they are doing something great for their nation and to make their families proud, yet they are so blinded by the propaganda at home they dont realise they are nothing more than expendable troops in the bloodlust for power and resources.

Of course we also have the kids who want to blow # up and kill people so they join up!

its sad because at the end of the days bombing and assault's should they survive the gauntlet , and destruction of the earth and fellow humans they are sent home to recoup.

Although the government they fought for doesnt care , they dont treat them for post traumatic stress , combat stress , or any other psychological problems , they leave them with a # pension and thats it.

We as responsible humans need to take it on ourselves to educate and discourage anyone you know considering joining the armed forces.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Don't make me post Saddam's pictures showing his other side.

The fact of the matter is just that

This is the human side, not the other side of the war zzz

Even terrorists have human side.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's going to take a lot more than some soldiers hugging some kids to repair all the damage that's been done for future generations in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Blue

How the hell do you know what someone signs up for? You sound absolutely ridiculous making statements like that. As if you can see into people's minds and brains and understand their reasoning. Speaking of being naive, what would make you think that people who join the army are going to "serve dirty gov't as a cannon fodder"? Do you think that people are trying to adhere to or add to a "dirty gov't"? Wow...

In case you haven't noticed, people in the armed services are doctors, and firemen, and police and many other professions. I have an idea, why don't you try to join the Baghdad fire dept? Or maybe you'd like to get a job at a hospital in Afghanistan. Good luck with that one...

Furthermore, if you think being a solider implies "just shooting people in the head", then I've completely wasted my time writing this, as you are completely clueless in general. FYI, there are a few more MOS's than simply "infantry".

You really need to look into facts or just general knowledge before spewing out your personal hatred with totally wrong information.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh wow you found a handful of pictures of soldiers being nice. These welfare queens are terrible people. They contribute nothing to our country and simply look for a free handout today. Iraq was no threat to the US, their a land locked country Iraq CANNOT invade america. Soldiers are trained to kill not love. I dont my soldiers being loving I want them killing the bad guys. Thing is they do what their told from extensive brainwashing that has been perfected over the last hundred or so years. There are more photos and videos of them following orders gunning down innocent civilians and murdering other Iraqis because the soldiers are not trained to think their trained to kill. I mean its not like any of them have real degrees or ever accomplish anything in life. Look at my city philadelphia where 10 out of 12 homeless people are vets. I mean their still looking for free handouts and think the world owes them something for doing their job.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Soldier:

1. One who serves in an army.
2. An enlisted person or a noncommissioned officer.
3. An active, loyal, or militant follower of an organization.

They are just Humans doing what other Humans tell them. The aren't all bad even if they do bad things. They think they are fighting a just war, when we here at ATS know different.

We can't judge the ignorant, till we try and teach!

Peace.
ALS

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I like your thread and it has a good point. Although, I don't believe in good or bad as something real. Good and bad are adjectives and adjectives are describing words, words that describe like ugly and beautiful aren't facts and only exist in the eye of the beholder. Therefore you do something for your self or something for others, and "Treason" could be a "Good" thing in anyones eye with this understanding. So just because someone wants to bomb wall street or do something you think would be wrong does not make it so. Stop the hate, spread the love, and become more forgiving. In Light & Love my other selves.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

It is good to see our Soldiers doing something good and decent for a change (that's reported anyways) but I have to thank you for sharing the story of the picture. Very eye opening. Not that our soldiers are the ones that killed the family, but the nonsensical violence of our campaign that directly or indirectly caused the mayhem we see and hear about, regardless of who pulls the trigger it's in every way our own doing by being there in the first place.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree with your last point entirely. Every American citizens shares responsibility for atrocities in overseas campaigns. What good we do is outweighed by the indiscriminate killings of civilians by our troops and hired mercenaries. Especially the latter.

I went camping a few years ago with a friend who is an active duty Ranger who had just gotten back from Afghanistan and who had been deployed to Iraq prior. His story was that of frustration and exasperation. Many of his fellow soldiers were bloodthirsty and enjoyed killing. It really didn't matter who.

Imagine being one of the soldiers trying to win the hearts and minds of the local village just to see a soldier in another squad light up a car full of the same villagers in a roadblock knowing later you will have to face those same villagers the next day. .

War is ugly and brutal. Every time we loosen the rules of engagement we actually in the long run, put our troops more at risk by turning the population against us.

The whole situation is a mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join