It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collateral Friendship!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Yes SIR. Thank you sir. Well, Well, Well. Thank you so much for this thread. l find your remarks about a good few intelligent folk here on ATS including myself, quite insulting. Now allow me to tell you what l think, ln my very humble opinion. l have got to admit, this is the best propaganda technique l have seen in a long time. l mean no disrespect to our troops, they are pawns in this game, the same as the the rest of us. Your pictures are very good. l am sure there will be a lot of good people out here that have no job, have lost or are about to lose their job will find your photos very appealing, make them think that they could help people and not just have to kill them. So rather than end up homeless with low self esteem, they join the military. Most know the truth, ln their eyes they face destitution or sell their soul to the forces. What you fail to mention was the fact that if orders came from above to kill each and every one of those poor orphans you would have to obey or face a court martial. The only thing that l see in your OP is that some soldiers can be very compassionate when cleaning up the unholy mess they have made. l wish you peace and Free Will.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
Collateral Friendship!

I am sorry but there is nothing heroic about invading another country that has done nothing to you.

Agre fully. Soldiers are trained to be killing machines.

War is the medium to steal something from other nations. All nations start small and use force and violence for their own gain. War is the means to protect what you have stolen from other people.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by FIFIGI]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

He was trusted by his "country" He found out that The government the people of his "country" elected to protect and look out for them had lied through their teeth. He exposed the lies to the people of his "country" and gets done for TREASON. an you condone that decision? Oh, sorry l forgot, you dont have a choice.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Collateral Friendship!

It makes me even more sad that a majority of our members think that treason is more heroic than the men and woman in uniform putting their lives at risk.

I am sorry but there is nothing heroic about invading another country that has done nothing to you. I am sorry you fell for the high school recruiters crap but most of you did. You were raised on Hollywood making the warrior look heroic so when this crap happened you would be primed.

We raised a generation of people that have been raised to glorify war.

BYOB (Bring Your Own Bombs)

Well said.

To the OP, personally I've seen very few if any anti-US troop threads or posts. I have however seen many anti-US government foreign policy threads and posts.

It makes me sad when I see a majority of the threads on this website regarding the war in the middle east contain nothing but ignorant ill informed anti-rest of the world and anti-peace remarks by right wing and even moderate US members. It makes me even more sad that a majority of US members think that treason and crimes against humanity perpetrated by the US government and their military establishment is more heroic than treating the rest of the world with the same care consideration and respect that the US demands of every other nation.

I support US troops. I support them so much that I think they should not be forced into committing war crimes at the behest of their masters. I support US troops so much that I think they should all be brought home, as well as the half million mercenaries under the pay of the US government.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Is this thread for real?

OP are you a solider? or someone trying to spread pro-war propaganda.

This is a joke. This is saying that war is all cuddles, and playing with kids on swings.

I noticed also there are no scources on the pictures. for all i know most of them could be IDF soldiers.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Collateral Friendship!

It makes me even more sad that a majority of our members think that treason is more heroic than the men and woman in uniform putting their lives at risk.

I am sorry but there is nothing heroic about invading another country that has done nothing to you. I am sorry you fell for the high school recruiters crap but most of you did. You were raised on Hollywood making the warrior look heroic so when this crap happened you would be primed.

We raised a generation of people that have been raised to glorify war.

agreed and well said i couldnt think of how to say it but you did.

your more a hero refusing to follow your orders to kill or fight in a war you think is wrong than the soldiers who blindly march straight into war.

even if you are branded with treason...its only treason in the eyes of the government who label you with it to make you look bad for not fighting.

i respect what the soldiers do when what they do is neccessary...but it rarely is

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think it's about time there was a 'pro US military and Government foreign policy' forum for all of you to post in. Then at least the rest of us could get down to reasonably discussing the truth without all the threads getting bogged down by gung ho 'I hate my government but love what my military is doing' type members.

Sure, have your delusions about the US being a force for good in the world but go have them in some quite corner of the board away from the rest of us who have used their passports and have some understanding of how the world really is.

If you polled the entire world's population, over 6 billion would say that the US on balance does more evil than good and that much of that is done by US soldiers following evil, unjust, illegal and immoral orders.

Bring the troops home and let's change US foreign policy.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
More ignorant US propaganda ... this is what your so called 'heroic' troops are doing in Iraq ... And cuddling those children, could they possibly be any more hypocritical; they're killing them you fool! Watch for yourself ...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by boredsilly]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

your argument is void.

over 1 million people killed as a result of western occupation, probably another 3 - 4 million have left the country due to the fighting.

and you think a few pictures of soldiers hugging children is going to make things better.

what we have done to those people will come back to bite us for decades to come.

its utterly disgusting.

I'm not anti American or British or anti any other nation for that matter. what I'm against tho is the fact that we had a perfectly good relationship with Saddam until it suited us otherwise, then we destroyed the lives of millions of people for reasons 99% of the western world refuse to accept or even entertain.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I admire you're attempt to create awareness about this thing. The only little thing that bothers me is how did Iraqi kids created a poster written in a perfect english? Not a single spelling mistake and flawless handwriting by these poor kids who may hardly know or can construct a few words in english.

Why not create posters in Iraqi language? Were these kids given a board to hold in exchange for a bottle of water or packet of food? I mean heck they hardly understand what they are holding. If they did perhaps they'd know what these signs and posters would say

See that smile smile, grin and enthusiasm with even a thumbs up a sign just a different message "Lcpl Boudreaut killed my dad & knocked up my sister"

It is simple because these were photographed for public consumption in West. All these photo-ops, yes they are photo-ops were taken to show how sympathetic and good these troops are after invading a them hundred of miles away.

You know even the Taliban is holding up relief camps in Pakistan flood affected region

Pakistan flood aid from Islamic extremists
Now are you gonna tell me these extremist are heroes? On the contrary these relief camps are being held to recruit more members for their ideology and movement and fight against USA-N.A.TO.

There is no difference between these talibans and extremist running relief camps and the photo-ops provided by you. They both are using propaganda campaign to manage their goals..both of which are wrong.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
I noticed also there are no scources on the pictures. for all i know most of them could be IDF soldiers.

Here is the source for all pictures

Support 4R Deployed Millitary Inc.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So why not point out how so many people like to fling slander at Muslims? I think the US is just as bad as any Middle Eastern person who launches an attack on American soil.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
yeh those kids sure do love the depleted uranium and phosphorus shells , oh and the stingers , the shrapnel . Oh yeh and the indirect fire , oh and thats not even forgetting unexploded carpet bomb clusters

cus kids sure do love war !

war mongering , propaganda thread number 10 million and 5
when will you learn , Educate the soldiers dont give em high 5's to make them think its all good !

give them psychological evaluation and remove them from the warzone

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yes, but Imagine if We had a War and Nobody Came.

I don't believe most know what they are fighting.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
yes

now WAR equals playing with kids

thats why they called WAR

sorry ... last time I saw war definition, I didnt get it

now I know, thanks to you

(prop.ag.an..d a)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think it's great that our soldiers are over there making friends. And not just, you know, killing and blowing stuff up.

Because if we weren't there trying to "build" their nation ... there wouldn't be anyone to combat all the suicide bombers and all those nasty people planting IEDs. Oh, wait ... yeah, I guess there would be: Saddam Husein. Who, might I add, did a WAY better job of it than we have ever done.

I don't care what kind of rhetoric about "treason" you want to pin to people who oppose this laughable (only, it's not really that funny) War on Terror – you'll never convince me that you can make me safer by destroying another country, and it's people in the collateral damage that accompanies it.

If there's any treason going on ... it's by those in Congress ... and by those who continue to follow orders that are in direct violation of our Constitution ... you know, the article which every man and woman serving our country are SWORN to uphold.

I appreciate those that dawn the uniform of our military services. But, don't preach to me about treason and pretend to "keep me safe". Because the only thing the wars in the Middle East are "protecting" is the margin of profit for several major defense and oil corporations. You can pretend to color yourself with courage, honor and valor if it helps you sleep better at night ... but your illusions of grandeur are lost on me.

I'll not hold our service men and women responsible for the actions of our POTUS and Congress ... but, I'll certainly not take any crap about "treason" or turn a blind eye to the death and destruction they've carried out in the name of "protecting our freedom".

[edit on 30-8-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
All we ever see is the ugly side of war because there is no pretty side!

War is hell!

I can't help but feel these pictures just try to gloss over all the bad stuff.

War is most definitely hell and there isn't a pretty side, but what people often forget to consider is that those soldiers are human. The are imperfect, fallible beings that made a judgment to participate in the military for a host of reasons. Whether those reasons were based on fact, or a perceived need driven by a blood-lusting administration and media bias, or simply by a desire to kill "legally". They are all human! I could never do what they do and frankly wouldn't want to. I know a number of people in the military current and former and they are inherently good people. Part of that goodness is loyalty. Loyalty to their country, loyalty to there comrades in arms, loyalty to their loved ones, and loyalty to themselves for making a decision and sticking with it to the end. Many have completed their obligations and never looked back. Some seeing an error in their decision to join a military, some permanently altered by the horrors of war, some simply to move on with their lives. I'm sure there are many other reasons as well, but you get the idea.

Of course you have those people that choose to stay for a variety of reasons as well, most of which I'm sure I don't understand and realistically don't need to. These are personal choices by human beings, who are deciding to participate in something that is not technically illegal (joining a military) and is historically wrapped in honor and points to pivotal moments in the human experience. People need as sense of belonging and perhaps the military fits that bill for them. Do the readers of this post have a sense of belonging? What would you do if you didn't have one? In the end, we all make mistakes in our choices, but we can hope that in making those mistakes we can learn from them.

This thread may look to some as a propaganda piece and that is you right to interpret it that way. For myself and likely others, this brings to light the humanity of those in uniform, living out their decision to belong to something, making mistakes along the way and perhaps showing a little humanity while trudging through hell. One final note, how is it that some of you can't see beyond the uniforms in the imagery and see the interaction of human beings in the sharing of joy and happiness, sorrow and maybe even remorse? Let us all remember these soldiers are human, not machines. If you need something/someone to blame or to demonize, blame the governments that persuade people to join the military to do their bidding.

ESV

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have yet to see any thread with an 'anti-troops' feel to it. I have a hard time believing that any respectful, and educated person would be against the troops in this war. We have respect, and feel the loss for the families who lost their loved ones in this senseless war.

This war was based off of lies, and should of never happened. The hatred that you are feeling isnt for the troops, but for the people who pushed through this horrible mistake of a war.

Most of us are not sure what excatly happened on 9/11, but facts show that an honest investigation on that day was blocked from showing the truth. Why would our beloved government cover-up with what happened on that day. Why?! Why are our loved troops being sent to, and dying in, a country that had NOTHING to do with 9/11?

WE LOVE OUR TROOPS!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Neutron you replied to my post and stated that opposing the war is not treason.But releaseing classified documents is treason.
By the letter of the law I can't argue your point. But then by your definition
the release of the Pentagon Papers was an act of treason.Do you believe that the media then should not have released the documents?

I assume now you are talking about the wikileaks information released and about to be released.

Perhaps the issue is who are the traitors.
When you have a corporate-government-media alliance that generate lies,half truths and distortions of reality designed to keep our troops in wars that kill and maim millions at the cost of US lives and financial viability one has to wonder.
This same alliance now works to suppress free speech and dissent .
The issues of why we went and why we are still there is paramount.Yet those are the questions the alliance will not allow us to ask.
I support our troops. i support our country. i just don't think those in charge do.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the Bible"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join