It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaborative Horror Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was thinking about starting a collaborative horror story. I wanted to write a story about a group of people trying to stop the apocalypse. If anybody's interested post your interests here and U2U me.

If anybody has any ideas for this too you can post them here. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A little more about the story-

I wanted the story to be set at the beginning of the Christian apocalypse (with elements of a lot of other religions thrown in too) trying to stop the world from being destroyed. So basically i'm talking dead rising from the graves, four horseman, fire raining from the skies, cats and dogs living together, use your imagination. I wanted each writer to tell the journey of their character that they created. I also might want some writers for the devil and other baddies, so if anyones interested.....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm looking for active writers willing to commit. Of course it shouldn't be hard to kill off characters during the apocalypse I still want people willing to make a commitment. The story is really open ended though, you can really use your imagination here.

Sorry if this seems jumbled together, its my first collaborative story thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Okay here's some positions I've come up with.

The Devil
I think I'll be taking this part.

Four Horseman
We'll need someone for Death, War, Famine, and Pestilince (unless someone would rather be conquest?).

Anti-Christ
This should be interesting to write.

The Beast
Not sure whether to include him or not.

Apocalypse Fighters
Unknown number of humans trying to stop the apocalypse, whether they know each other is up to you guys.

Anything else you can think of
Anybody else from other religions, prophecies, etc. that you can think of.

Keep in mind none of these are really set in stone and probably will be changed. Anybody who's involved with this will probably have to do some endtime prophecy research. Let me know who you'd be interested in writing.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If you don't have writer status but are interested in this U2U me. I'll talk to Masqua and try to work something out.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Kinda cool idea! It put the thought in my head about Ragnorak from Norse myth. I'd be interested in maybe playing up on that angle and fitting it into the Christian end times.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

That'd be great! Let me know if you get any ideas!

By the way, I'm going to try to keep it from being too Christian-ish. For example I don't want to have Jesus or God showing up, or at least not until the very end. I want this apocalypse to be made up of bits and pieces of different endtime prophecies.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Oh, I also want to try to keep this a realistic apocalypse. By that I mean we can have some elements of Norse mythology but please no giant wolves, unless someone finds a way to work that into the story really well.

edit to add: I think Jormungandr the serpent could fit into the story nicely though if you have him as a sea serpent attacking ships or something.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Nosred]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

OK I'll send you u2u when I come up with a few ideas. I'm thinking of making the legends right except for the interpretations. Like giants being Bigfoot.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Okay, that'll be great. Keep in mind I want to start this off with the majority of the population not knowing it's the apocalypse, only a small group of people.

That's a good idea with bigfoot, I like the idea that most of the interpretations are wrong. That will help keep the main characters guessing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Is anyone else here interested?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes . . I think. I have this friend . . who senses things. I have not seen him
stray outside at all for the last year and a half. He appears to be in a state of
complete terror at times . . scared of the things he is seeing in wicked
dreams. Sometimes he calls me in the middle of the night . . and when I
answer, he just stutters and begins to moan. I have to hang up on him !

I will seek him out and ask if he is interested.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

Is he a member of ATS? Are you interested in helping write this?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am interested . . and so is he.

Should we tell ?

Someone, somehow, must survive the coming events.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

Is your friend on ATS? What parts do you two want to write for? If you have any questions you can either post them here or U2U them to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So is there anybody else? I think I might let people write as more than one character if they want. Just so everyone knows this story will be pretty open ended and there should be a lot of leeway for creativity.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh, and when I say horror, I don't necessarily mean the whole thing has to be scary. You can write as much (or as little) humour into your story as you want. Just keep in mind parts of it are meant to be scary.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Helloooooooooo? Anybody else out there
? Please don't let this die

new topics

top topics

join