It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spilling Over: A tale of one Venice LA family after the 'spill'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Spilling Over

Venice, La., is facing extinction. The small fishing community, located just 50 miles away from the Deepwater Horizon disaster, is in jeopardy, as the BP oil spill has put the livelihood of the residents in danger. The people of Venice are now left with a difficult choice. Do they stay and risk their health for the sake of their history and culture? Or do they give up their jobs, their community and their heritage in an effort to flee the lasting effects of the oil spill?

unc.news21.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wow! S&F's! I am beginning to think that this is being forgotten in the news but also here at ATS. Things are happening in the gulf right now, and while I realize we are powerless, it helped to read others thoughts about the BP gulf gusher. So many things lost in one moment of what sounds like a multitude of bad decisions. So many lies being told, while people's lives and livelihoods hang in the balance. So incredibly, inconsolably sad that so much wildlife has endured such horrific suffering. This film brought all that back to the forefront of my mind. Thankfully, as I don't want to forget these people.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Myself and mostly antar have been trying to keep it up in front of everyone so they don't forget!

It was done on purpose. Read War on the World in another thread.

[edit on 2982010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Unfortunately, at least here at ATS, the few who remain have formed a bit of a clique, and seem to think that they 'own' the issue and their own specific interpretation of it.

reply to post by Starbug3MY

I dont believe it was 'done on purpose', and I have yet to see any definitive proof either way.

No one knows. There are too many conflicting stories. We must wait and allow more truth to surface over time.

Until then it's just people packaging opinions and calling it fact.

Be that as it may, I just thought this simple story about the families in a small town was worth adding to the collective pool of info.

Personally, I think Kindra is a drama queen. And her husband seems to agree.

But the video has some good info, nonetheless. She's understandably angry, but seems very entitled to her 'lifestyle' as well. and that 'lifestyle' isnt very sustainable, either.

Who exactly is she angry at? Why does she feel she is owed so much?

These are the questions i ask when i watch the video.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by justadood]

top topics

join