It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A List To Watch For

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Howdy To All Who Read This =]

Having being on here for enough time to witness some truly unexplainable things, and some truly disappointing ones, I feel the need to have a list of what to watch for in the skies.

By this I mean we need a list of explainable things to disprove apparent 'UFOs'. I'm sick and tired of seeing threads like "Undeniable UFO Footage" etc which turns out, two or three comments later, to be something easily explained.

I like to stargaze a lot, and I see a lot of (what I think are) Unidentified Flying Objects. But before I jump to any conclusions when I see something, I reel off a list in my head to try and explain this object with what I know. My personal list is; Plane (White light, blue and red flash), Satellite (white light, but exits the atmosphere relatively quickly), Shooting Star (very fast shooting across the sky), Chinese lantern (Orange flickering light).

I feel the need to have this list expanded and added to (and corrected if I am wrong at all), and given to anyone who wants to post videos or pictures that think that what they have is a 'UFO'. Purely to stop the absolute bull videos and pictures that get posted.

Add to the list, each addition can be discussed whether it should be on or not.

Who’s in?

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWebby666
Having being on here for enough time to witness some truly unexplainable things, and some truly disappointing ones, I feel the need to have a list of what to watch for in the skies. ...

My personal list is; Plane (White light, blue and red flash), Satellite (white light, but exits the atmosphere relatively quickly), Shooting Star (very fast shooting across the sky), Chinese lantern (Orange flickering light).

Maybe I didn't understood you entirely, but I don't quite see the point of making this list.

One obviously tries to explain something by going through a number of possibilities based on known objects, phenomena and events but we can't, upfront, create a list with all possible explanations because we can't imagine all the things people will be misidentifying or trying to pass off as a UFO.

We have to try to figure out and identify what we are looking at on a case by case basis, based, obviously, on the things we know.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spangler

Ok, I think I see your confusion.

Im not thinking an extensive list, just a few things to check against before creating ridiculous threads of things that are easily identifiable. And I know people can misidentify completely random things that we cant stop, but I really think people need to take a step back and review their “evidence” before wasting our time.

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWebby666

I LOVE making lists. In my opinion, we could make a list of all the possibilities, and even have a flowchart, and even start putting the unidentified objects into categories.

That is seriously how science *does* work. Think any categorical science like botany or entomology. It is only lately with the atheist movement and other far left movements that there has been this attitude of deconstructionism.

I'm sorry but I favor the OP on this. Are you serious? This could be a fun project. Message me.

I am also starting to feel like ATS would be a fun place to do projects, instead of just reporting, you know? Like go out and do field research, or maybe organize people to do internet research, or do this kind of thing.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
why even let it bother you...just dont read it...thats what I do...way less stressful

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Love the enthusiasm, i do hope its not meant sarcastically. haha

i would love to see a group of members actually going out and researching subjects, coming back on here and showing everone their findings. do you know of any others that would like this?

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDIDDY425
why even let it bother you...just dont read it...thats what I do...way less stressful

I would, but you have to read/watch/view to see if it's legit or BS

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWebby666

OK I see what you're saying. Your plan makes sense if everyone involved was rational, suspended judgment, understood the burden of proof and didn't have any emotional involvement with a particular theory or belief. But this is the UFO field my friend

There are those that will believe everything and anything because, in their mind, aliens visiting Earth is a proven fact and therefore anything unidentified is only additional proof that aliens are behind it. What to you is a hubcap thrown up in the air is undeniable proof that aliens are here to someone else.

I'm not saying not to pursue this particular endeavor if you feel like it, I'm only saying that the type of denial and nonsense you want to avoid won't stop because of the list you intend to create, that's all. I share your frustration.

new topics

top topics

join