It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Obviously CGI!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Abject

I've seen some faries in my life and they look nothing like antrhopomorphic dragonflies, I can tell you-- more like drag on anthropmorphic flies.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abject
It's probably good that threads like this exist, but...

the idea that you need to be aware of CGI in order to deduce that a video showing A GODDAMNED MOTHER#ING FAIRY is fake is so beyond ridiculous. It really makes me wonder what kind of a life some of these people live, operating their day-to-day as if they were living in never never land.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Abject]

That wasn't actually the point of the thread. The point o the thread is to address the way certain people react to CGI, that being they think all CGI is really obvious and easy to spot. I know the fairy was rubbish i posted that in the thread.

Calm down man

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Even those you can tell to some degree.

It's those misplaced shiny parts or simply obvious pixalation on the textures.

You want stunning "This is 3d?" Here dude:

vimeo.com...

The hologram here I like to study sometimes. It seems so real.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
personally i am big fan of cgi, it is amazing what they can do nowadays.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Jeez that fairy thread didn't half make me feel embarrassed to be part of this forum. There's some kind of cognitive dissonance spreading across these boards. fewer and fewer are denying ignorance. We need to raise the level of debate and discussion on here otherwise some of us are going to start looking elsewhere for more credible discussions. GLP and the David Icke forums suddenly have more credibility!!!

That second vid is amazing thanks so much for posting. what a stunning piece of work for the artists CVs (resume).

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
wait till they are able to present the president in CGI...would it get so good that we wouldn't be able to tell the difference?? i'm afraid that day is coming, or it is here and they haven't used it yet.

Or has it been in use for years but because it's so good we couldn't possibly identify it as such. After all it's mathematically more likely that we are living in a simulated universe that one of matter. With that being the case who knows what is 'real' and what is 'simulated'.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So it's your conclusion that we should not easily dismiss an incredibly bad CGI performance, like the one in the fairy video, because...there's a such thing as good CGI?

That escapes me.

Jurassic Park came out in 1993, and the CGI in that movie is STILL move convincing to me today than that stupid fairy hoax.

How about people stop making stupid crap up to try and win over the gullible few, so that when something real actually happens, people don't point & laugh?

Seems like the intelligent thing to do...

From EnlightenUp

I've seen some faries in my life and they look nothing like antrhopomorphic dragonflies, I can tell you-- more like drag on anthropmorphic flies.

Seriously? You're going to start telling people you've seen fairies?
Unbelievable.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No offense, but people will never stop making "stupid crap." You just need to use your intelligence to decipher what is real and what is not. For example, when I saw the title for the fairy video, I thought it was going to be some really cool bug that I haven't seen before. When that little "man fairy" popped up I about died laughing. More unbelievable was the arguments over whether it was real or not. people can get mad all they want and feel like they are being duped by CGI, but I personally, will grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I love Alex Romans video. I have a HD version of it and regularly play it on a 1080p projector, it is an incredible piece of artwork. As someone else mentioned before, it was an entire year in the making by the one guy.

I thought the person looked a little fake also, but was interested to learn that the person is actually real footage! Also real were the birds, and the jet flying overhead. But it all gels so well.
To me, this guys work is a modern day DaVinci.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Qumulys]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

So it's your conclusion that we should not easily dismiss an incredibly bad CGI performance, like the one in the fairy video, because...there's a such thing as good CGI?

No that is not my conclusion, nor is it what i have said anywhere in this or any other thread, you have somehow misinterpreted what i was saying and as i have clarified it in other replies i can only assume you did not read the thread.

The fiary video was stupid, i am simply addressing the attitude of some people i have seen in not only the fairy thread but a number of others where people seem to believe they won't be folled by CGI.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Well to be honest there is always someway to tell. As I told you I was not fooled by the second or first video. Certainly there were some incredibly realistic parts but there is still that 6th sense that says duh its fake.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Well to be honest there is always someway to tell. As I told you I was not fooled by the second or first video. Certainly there were some incredibly realistic parts but there is still that 6th sense that says duh its fake.

Good for you, that video fooled many people, i know some parts you can tell but other parts are genuinely very difficult. That's evidenced by the fact that people who work with CGI every day have said they couldn't tell in some parts.

And remember that the technology is moving along, it will get increasingly realistic and easier to use by the average person. This should be a genuine concern by the ufology community among others as it will be another way to discredit the research

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Dude, I'm sorry to say that we're already there, but we are already there.

Here's a spaceship I recently designed:

a.imageshack.us...
a.imageshack.us...
a.imageshack.us...

This was made on a $50 video game by some folks.

BTW, that video game is 2 years old.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This is exactly why a single video or photograph of any kind can never really be used as evidence of anything at all, even before cgi and photoshop existed it has been possible for anyone with the will to do it to fake anything they put their mind to

"Alien" for example was made pre cgi and still manages to look pretty amazing, and realistic, also check this video out of some incredible skill and talent being used to make the final l battle scene in Return if the Jedi

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
People are not getting what Ignorethefacst is saying. It's all good and well to have a video of CGI that is so realistic that no one can tell the difference. BUT Without additional evidence to support them, they can largely be written off.

He used the Haiti video as a reference because an event of such magnitude that had absolutely NO external reports, sets off alarm bells to most people who think about it.

So no, great CHI without evidence is always going to be taken with a grain of salt and so it should be.

If there were news reports along with the video then people should be much more concerned.... or else we're going to have faery video after faery video and people supporting it because they saw an exceptionally grooby video once...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I fully understand what he's saying, i also understand that plenty of videos are held up as proof without supporting evidence so the argument is sadly wrong. Even researchers within ufology have presented videos with nothing else to support them.

But again i was addressing the arrogance of some people who claim they can always pick out CGI and was simply saying this is not always the case and as technology improves it will become increasingly more difficult. If someone believes they can always pick out CGI then they are actually more likely to be fooled when something convincing comes along.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Even researchers within ufology have presented videos with nothing else to support them.
And I think a lot of people, such as myself tend to dismiss videos for which there is no background information, like where and when it was taken, who witnessed it, etc.

If someone believes they can always pick out CGI then they are actually more likely to be fooled when something convincing comes along.
I think I can usually tell but the CGI is getting so good that I could envision a video that would fool me, if only looking at the video and not considering the surrounding evidence that Ignorethefacts mentioned.

According to the highest rated youtube comment by InSaneTK 6 months ago, not all of that 2nd video is CGI, 99% is but they don't say what the 1% is that's not CGI. It's very impressive.

Lots of small touches made it realistic. One such example at 3:50, was the reflection of light when panning from one pane of glass to another, which showed the reflection in slightly different places on each pane of glass, just like in real life. Nice attention to detail.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
One thing I hate is when something really cool or awe-striking is caught on camera, people jump to claim its CGI. I stumbled on a website with stills of two squirrels going at it (most likely just playing) and the comments were unbelievable. Because of some of the more interesting poses, people were claiming CGI.

The same went for some picks of trees growing around foreign objects.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
From EnlightenUp

Seriously? You're going to start telling people you've seen fairies?
Unbelievable.

Well, if you ever happened to briefly catch RuPaul's DragU on Logo, then you'd know what I'm saying.

I'll bet most of that is CGI!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join