It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Glenn Beck Running for President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With the rally in Washington yesterday attracting thousands of folks from across the country yesterday and including former VP candidate Sarah Palin, the question must be asked if there is something more to Beck's actions.

In fact, it appears that there is a growing consensus that it's not all that it appears. Newsweek had an article yesterday asking if Beck was running for office. It seems to be in the right and left wing sites around the net.

Beck's 9.12 rally last year garnered over 250,000 people to come to the Capitol Mall last year and created a large amount of media coverage. It was this event, along with Beck's addition to the FoxNews lineup that made him a household name outside of the talk radio circuit. This year's Bold Fresh tour with fellow Fox host Bill O'Reilly has seen (or will soon see) Beck travel to various political battlegrounds such as Ohio, Virginia, Louisiana, Florida, and Missouri. In fact, five of the eleven stops will be in states that will be in play in 2012. Beck has also done what no other conservative host has done, going on comedy tours annually. This last year he stopped in Denver and Pheonix, epicenters of demographic and political shifts. (link below)

The question has been looked at more closely-- is Glenn Beck running for President?

And if he is:
1. Would you consider supporting him?
2. Would he have a chance of winning?
3. What would happen if he did run?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If Glenn beck was elected president then I would start making changes so that I could leave the country and live some place else. I'm not even joking here.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I thought you had to be part of the senate to run for president?
I'm not very familiar with American law though.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

No-- you just need to be a natural-born American citizen, 35, lived in the country the last seven years. Beck fits all of those requirements.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ineverknew
reply to post by hippomchippo

No-- you just need to be a natural-born American citizen, 35, lived in the country the last seven years. Beck fits all of those requirements.

God help us all...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I wouldn't if I could (not American citizen). Any politician spewing religious rhetoric scares the bejezus out of me. Got enough of that divisive crap going around already. The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire should be required reading for grades 10-12.

Yes. After every intellectual leader that messes up (like the current one), there's always a bloody minded populist to replace him.

Answered in response #2.

The BIG question is: What would America look like after Glenn Beck's 4-year term as POTUS?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Beck but I guess he's make just as good a puppet for corporate interests as all the other modern presidents have been.

We could elect Kermit the frog at this point and see no difference, other than being able to point at the hand shoved up his backside.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Any natural born American citizen, 35 years of age, and have been in the U.S. for the past 14 years can run for President. A felon, a drug addict, a thief, a tax-cheat, a person with terrorist ties can't become a security guard in Washington DC but they can easily become a politician. Look what we have right now.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by wutone]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Glenn Beck does not believe half the crap he spews. He is interested in one thing, making money. He is not gonna make money as President. He will continue to shill to his audience that is one half brain dead worshipers and one half people who hate him and watch just be outraged. He is Howard Stern on TV. Politics are just a way for him to make cash.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Alex Jones would do a 1,000,000 X better job than Beck.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
palin/beck or beck /palin?
i already have my passport.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It is a real shame that George Washington is the only president that has ever been elected as an Independent. The wild card is just too dangerous to be trusted in an office that requires such a tremendous amount of "cooperation".

I imagine that if Beck were to run he would be running as a Republican?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

1. Depends who else is running in the Primaries and on the Democrat ticket (most likely Obama). I think he is just as manipulative as Obama so in reality if it was between those two, I'd go third party. But lets hope the GOP puts up someone better.

2. Who can say. The Democrats sure would have a lot of dirt on Beck. He's made so many mistakes and huge claims on his show it would be extremely easy to attack him. But it would be easy to attack Obama too, the economy isn't exactly thriving...

3. I don't think he'd make it past the primary. While people like his show I don't think many really consider him Office worthy. I'd hope if Ron Paul runs again and along with Beck, people would choose the REAL Libertarian.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He is more than welcome to run. We seriously need more options to choose from, but I think he would have no chance of wining....I hope he wouldn't win.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a feather fluffing promotional move on his part.

Seriously, Beck has far too much baggage to make a successful political career. The fact that he runs a controversial program provides for than ample ammunition to any of his would-be political opponents on either side of the political aisle.

This whole thing smacks of a cheap ploy for ratings.

(Edit for spelling.)

[edit on 8/29/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
glen beck would not take the pay cut to become president. besides, we don't need george bush light. this guy would be overwelmed on a city council, let alone a federal office.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Seriously, Beck has fart too much baggage to make a successful political career.

Lol, Maria I'm sure that wasn't intentional but it was funny nonetheless.

I don't think Beck is going to run for anything. In fact, I doubt Beck will be on the air in 5 years. Obama is his meal ticket.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If he did run, I would give him half a term to see what exactly he could do. And if its the same stuff thats been going on, then I shall have to buy a passport, and align myself to a new country...perhaps Ireland, or maybe apply to be Kim Jong's advisor, lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Actually, in recent times it's pretty rare for Senators to become President, at least directly. Most are either Vice-Presidents or Governors. Some VP's were Senators before they became VP (Johnson, Ford, Bush I, Nixon). Kennedy and now Obama have been the only two in, I believe, the last 100 years.

[edit on 8/29/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

He said this morning on Chris Wallace's show he wasn't. It was a nice rally though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join