It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Trash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why the hell do members regurgitate Mainstream Media on ATS?
I thought this was an "alternative news" Forum?

It can be useful when presenting an argument, theory or source to back up your research but when I see MSM basically cloned onto ATS I see nothing that is relevant.

Can ATS not keep their eye on the Ball and make sure ATS doesn't look like Yahoo or some other Mainstream board?

MSM is the Ignorance behind the very ideology of ATS, is it not? was it not?

Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

[edit on Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:12:07 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seventytwo

It may be un-wise to assume all MSM stories are all rubbish. The information presented in them is usually quite valuable, you just need to overlook all the extra commentary or opinions.

Alternative news reporters will not have the levels of access MSM does on many different reports. Being able to hear what a congressmen is doing or what is happening at the bottom of Gulf is something that you and I will have great trouble reporting.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Your point only really applies if you believe that the MSM are all evil doers working for the NWO. I can think of a few examples of the media actually supporting a conspiracy theory such as the daily mail recently have been running some very interesting articles about the death of David Kelly.

I fail to see how it is possible for one to deny ignorance if one assumes that the media are all part of some massive conspiracy. I hold the MSM in much higher regard then the alternative press for the most part. That’s just one guys opinion however.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
MSM has been brought about married to political arenas in America from the get go. Although some of the content may be entertaining to the informative with their own spin the MSM is still a good place to look at if you want to understand the politcal agendas and agenda of other entities that vie with the MSM it is a window into intent on a global level imo.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
"evil doers"

I'm talking about relevant material for this site not paranoia.

We need to make a distinction between Mainstream News and gossip.

Threads like: "Cat in Bin" and "Paris Hilton arrested"
Are not what I would expect to see here on ATS.

Take for example today's news: "Girl, 10, in surgery after Rottweiler mauling"

Very sad but not relevant here unless you're creating a thread about bad Dog owners etc..

[edit on 083131p://f51Monday by Seventytwo]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43

It may be un-wise to assume all MSM stories are all rubbish. The information presented in them is usually quite valuable, you just need to overlook all the extra commentary or opinions.

It is not I who is assuming

Although the title of this thread would give you good cause to believe so

Since when was conspiracy the Mainstream?
I just think we need a gage or a balance...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
MSM has been brought about married to political arenas in America from the get go. Although some of the content may be entertaining to the informative with their own spin the MSM is still a good place to look at if you want to understand the politcal agendas and agenda of other entities that vie with the MSM it is a window into intent on a global level imo.

There is no integrity in Politics, you watch the evening news then you come here to debate the political agendas, you wouldn't be here if you excepted the Mainstream point of view.

We need to separate MSM from Mainstream News (MSN)

MSM is Mass control.

new topics

top topics

join