It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War for oil!!! Where is the outrage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You've completely missed the point, for some bizarre reason you think I'm defending the invasion. I think the US was playing regional political chess, economics being a perk.
Where are your facts and evidence? Clearly they're not what you think they are, or does ATS have a monopoly on intelligent people able to digest information?

I guess my time in Iraq seeing oil rigs rust and pipelines lay in ruins from insurgent activity, while we pumped money into a school or hospital, and bled next to Iraqi Policemen so they wouldn't run from a fight, were hallucinations. You get your information from a computer though (like everybody allegedly) and that just doesn't fit with your radical opinion.

What evidence would you like me to put forth? A DOD Document saying 'Nope, it wasn't for oil!'

I suppose I should take your articles reaching for a link between Kuwait and the US, and these oil companies.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Gainsayer]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What our government is doing in the Middle East is Terrorism! Chomsky makes a good case for this in "Hegemony or Survival." The United States and CIA overthrew the democratic leader of Iran in 1953. Once we overthrew their democracy, we replaced it with our puppet dictator, the Shah. The Shah was a brutal dictator who murdered and tortured many. Once he was in power, US and British oil companies were operating over 50% of the oil wells. By the way, we supported Iran's right to nuclear energy then....now they're next on our hit list.

Saddam Hussein was also "our" dictator for a while. We gave him billions plus weaponry to murder Iranians. Even gave him chemical weapons. Even gave him the nod to invade Kuwait. He took the bait, and we invaded Iraq. Also, reinstated the dictator in Kuwait.

And don't need to tell anyone about the lies that brought us to war with Iraq again. Don't let the government or media fool you, we own that oil. We now have permanent bases throughout the middle east. The reasons to go to war were propaganda...no WMDs, no imminent threat, and no links between Iraq and 9/11.

The government tells us that its all about spreading democracy. This too is propaganda. The CIA coup on Iran's democracy is proof. Our cozy relationships with dictators in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Kuwait, etc is also proof. The truth is that our government would rather support a dictator any day, as long as he's goes alone with our agenda. We even give them tons of money and weapons to exterminate any opposition to their power.

Things will get worse. The US foreign policy started out as one of self defense only...we didn't intervene in other country's affairs. After WWII, all that changed. Preemptive war became accepted if we were sure that we were being attacked, we could strike first. Now, its a policy of Preventive war...this is scary because now we can wage war based on our opinion that some country may wage war on us one day. Don't need any proof of anything. We can just say that Iran would like to have WMDs and say they would use them, and this is all we need to justify war. Think about it...with this policy we could justify war with just about anybody.

<< 1   >>

join