It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fires pepper spray on protesters outside Marine's funeral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I very much like the idea of the Westboro Baptist Church. I believe that they are the true symbol of what liberty means in this country. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of assembly at the most extreme.

While I do not think favorably of their religious group nor their ideologies or message I will say that I have never heard of one instance of this group attempting to inflict physical injury or harm upon another human. They are simply following the Bible at a more fundamental reading and interpretation.

I give them credit for standing up for their rights and their beliefs, no matter how much the rest of us disagree with what they say.

You do know that they are a sham? They go to these funerals hoping to provoke people into doing things like the pepper spray incident, and then they sue, claiming that their civil rights were violated. There is nothing religious about them.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

My friend I think that ALL religions are a sham. Our Constitution protects religion and I will protect the Constitution. I do not agree with the concept of "faith" but I will fight till my last breath to ensure that people can still have it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i see, so if a cop did this it would be decisive action and justified. but if a regular guy does it, it's vile and disgusting. ooooooooh kaaaaay..........

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Westboro B@stard Crooks is about as much a "Church" as I am a flying Nun.

Their god is money, and they are a sham - they provoke people to do things like that man in his pickup truck, and then they sue. They are an incestuous clan of lawyers, with no real religious beliefs at all.

The pain and trauma they try to inflict on the families burying their dead, both military and civilian, is nothing short of an intentional and willful assault.

Freedom of speech ends where it harms another - ala yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Somebody needs to kill these sick crooks.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The WBC is a NWO-front group. They are being financially supported by powers behind the scene. They admit they spend $500,000 a year on travel. Where do they get their funding? Their real value is in making a mockery of Christianity, which is a known NWO goal.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The main reason this church goes out and does this protests is for media attention...to get more people to listen to them. I have read their site recently www.godhatesfags.com i believe it is. I have noticed that main stream..well yahoo anyways...hasnt been posting news about them which even though i dont care for yahoo i think is a good thing..better to ignore these idiots than post their crimes against humanity.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

There is nothing that can justify a protest at a funeral. Those people should have been arrested for disturbing the peace.

nothing? your not useing your imagination,

like hypotheticaly, lets say the marines family was burrying him upside down as was their wish,

well perhaps it was the marines friends outside declaring that the marine had explicitly requested he be creamated, its a possibility these protestors simply had signs that said "he wanted cremation not burial"

and thats one example of why it is our right as americans to protest whatever we so choose.

as long as those protester were peacfull and not tresspassing then they shouldnt have faced assault simply for vocalizing their opinions and beliefs,

like it our not our rights that protect us protect them to, and shouldn't be infringed either way.

clearly in this particular case the protestors have a horrible message that a large LARGE majority of america disagrees with,

the right thing to do (as only two other posters have pointed out so far) would be to protest the protestors,

its clear their should be a large majority force willing to oppose their protesting, so why is it that whenever this group protests they arent followed by some 1000 protesters whose sole purpose is to drown them out.

thats what we should be doing.

supporting a crime against them makes you worse than them,

[edit on 31-8-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Phelps and this Westboro Baptist Church get far more attention than they deserve, since it's mostly just him and a few relatives. Even so, they sometimes manage to get themselves on TV by saying the most outrageous things possible against troops who have given their lives for this country.

The First Amendment protects this type of thing, but that's all that can be said for them.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by witness63]

[edit on 31-8-2010 by witness63]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Personally, I think that the police should not be present when the idiots desecrate a funeral.

I'd also like to see the media just stop reporting on these idiots.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
WASP spray is NOT more effective than Pepper Spray and it will NOT permanently injure someone that is just some stupid MYTH that is being spread around the internet that is going to get someone hurt or most likely arrested because the label on WASP spray states "It's a violation of federal law to use in any manner inconsistent with this label." Not to mention Police departments worldwide use pepper spray because the inflammatory effects of this agent work on those which cannot feel pain (very important). The inflammatory effects of pepper spray cause eyes to close involuntarily and produce a loss of breath sensation. Pepper spray has been proven effective on deterring and incapacitating aggressive, combative, intoxicated and drug induced individuals for over 20 years.
To date, no human testing has been conducted on WASP spray and it’s a violation of federal law to use in self defense. Pepper spray is a safe, proven option which is trusted and relied upon by police officers worldwide.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
this is just to distract us from more important things like SB S510.

but on the other hand its about damn time somebody did it.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I very much like the idea of the Westboro Baptist Church. I believe that they are the true symbol of what liberty means in this country. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of assembly at the most extreme.

While I do not think favorably of their religious group nor their ideologies or message I will say that I have never heard of one instance of this group attempting to inflict physical injury or harm upon another human. They are simply following the Bible at a more fundamental reading and interpretation.

I give them credit for standing up for their rights and their beliefs, no matter how much the rest of us disagree with what they say.

YOU FOOL NEED A ONE WAY TICKET TO IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN OR WHEREVER YOU WILL SUFFER THE FATE OF THE VETERANS WHO GAVE YOU THE FREE SPEECH TO SPEW THE IGNORANCE YOU STATED.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is....

Why do these people never get arrested for not having a permit to protest?

Do you want to protest the G20? You better have a permit and you won't get one.

Do you want to hold a protest for 9/11 truth? Better get a permit and good luck trying to get one.

Do you want to protest a dead soldier instead of the government that sent him to die??? Well go right ahead... have at it. Enjoy yourself and we will arrest anyone who disturbs you!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I hope to hear of a planned nearby funeral protest that I can attend. And I hope I can begin a dog walking service on that day.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join