It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love the Shrine... Hate Masonry?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theproofessor
There all not to be trusted, the devil is deep in this world
and his minions are everywhere
trust god and yourself

They are all not to be trusted?! Wow! You live in a bunker or something? That much hatred and mistrust cannot be good for one's health...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

be sure to keep the troll spray handy.

As a big fan of irony, I enjoy seeing things as your Op suggests. But most of the spit and venom I see on this site is mason specific. The haters seem to mostly forget about the other apendant bodies. (except th eeeevil Scottish Rite. Those 33rds are hiding world domination plots from us low levels)

I may venture into the hot sands this November. My quest for masonic beer has pointed me in that direction. (either that or new Jersey, and I hate snow, so I know where I am headed)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That's right... Thanks for reminding me of the eeeeevvvviiiilll Scottish Rite!
I forgot how they rule us all (yet somehow must pass the same things we do).

The Hot Sands are fun... Let me know how you enjoy the Masonic Beer. Just be warned, it has floride and chips in it to track you and mind control you

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
I think the reason shriners are targeted less, is because less people know about them.

ORLY? I don't know about you but causing traffic chaos in Canada's largest metropolis would be far more likely to put me on the radar of Joe Commuter than holding a meeting behind closed doors.

But that's me. I'm Canadian. I might not get 'it' in the NWO definition of "it".

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
Let's compare masonry as a whole to the fast-food industry.

That's where your argument starts to drop off.

The difference between McDonalds and the Masons is that McDonald's loves to see people smile, whereas the Masons claim to make men better.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by nasdack24k
Let's compare masonry as a whole to the fast-food industry.

That's where your argument starts to drop off.

The difference between McDonalds and the Masons is that McDonald's loves to see people smile, whereas the Masons claim to make men better.

And how exactly does that cause my argument to "drop off"..?

I'm LOLing

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So, evidently, it is NOT ok to go to parades, raise awareness of treatment of childhood defects that you are aiding to treat (free of charge I might add), be a non profit orginization, or be proud of being involved in it...

Wow!

Silly me. I thought I was doing the right thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i work at Sears and my supervisor prohibits me from wearing anything (other than a wedding ring, which i'm not married) jewelry wise except for sears pins. so for $h!ts and giggles i ordered an old Sears Square and Compass club pin to wear. i also had a S&C working tools belt buckle on. he looked at the pin and buckle and said "if that's shrine your fired." i asked why he says "bunch of drunken bastards who beat on women and molest little kids" i replied no its a blue lodge masonic buckle....he replies back...oh the masons are ok....never met a mason who wasnt a decent person. i asked why he thinks badly of the shrine and he says to me my uncle was a shriner.

my point is everyone either judges masonry by the shrine or judges the shrine by masonry. i am not a shriner for reasons being the shrine is ONE place for master masons to have fun. but the best place where i have fun as a mason IS IN MY BLUE LODGE!!!!!!!! i'm not knocking the shrine.....(id rather be a MOVPER prophet than a shriner) but i digress. i joined masonry for the education. besides the shrine is too expensive and right now at this point in my life i'd rather learn all i can and later on in life maybe when i retire, join the shrine. it will still be there when im older.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by southerndemolay

WOW! Evidently, to him we must be first virtuious and good, then fall into liquor and beating our wives...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
In Masonry, learning the catechism is fun, after that the fun ends. Once you get to attend an actual meeting and get handed about a years worth of Saturday charity work, fixing roofs, building decks, cutting firewood for some unfortunate one, your liable to flee, which is exactly what they want you to do cause they take great pleasure and fun in proceeding to wreck your life after you flee. There want be a place that you want come across some brother ready to step on your fingers that your holding on to the edges by.

I remember once I went back for a second cup of coffee at a fall festival booth and the guy, -no doubt a brother - told me we just ran out but had plenty of coffee for the next guy. That' not even half of it man. After about 6 or 7 years of that, it starts to wear on you.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have to agree with JoshNorton. Most Masons I know distance themselves from the Shriners. I don't have a strong opinion on them myself, not having known any Shriners personally, but many masons I know do consider them an embarrassment to Freemasonry, along with another 'masonic' body, the "Royal Order of Jesters."

As a Mason, I would not join either.

edit on 4/10/2010 by Saurus because: Fixed Typo

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I wonder if the Shrine has vastly different principals over the world. In my area, it is very respected and very heavy on the charity part. Sure they have fun, but all are reminded they are masons first. I wonder if the problems came when you didn't have to be a mason to be a shriner? I am not sure when that was, but I heard about it from a few old timers. And any group is only as good as it's worst member in the eyes of the community.
edit on 5-10-2010 by network dude because: cuz I r a bad speler

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join