It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Woman buries brother, discovers dead son in a grave near him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Woman buries brother, discovers dead son

by John Irish

A French woman discovered her 42-year-old son had been buried in the same cemetery where she was attending her brother's funeral, after she had tried to invite him to the ceremony, a newspaper said Friday.

The family were leaving the cemetery near Lille, Wednesday when one of them noticed a temporary wooden gravestone bearing the son's name and date of birth in an area reserved for poor people.

www.reuters.com...

"In two or three seconds, everybody started to scream," the man's father Elie Langlet told La Voix du Nord newspaper. "Josiane (the mother) collapsed. She buries her brother and finds her kid in a grave near him. It's unthinkable," he said.
Josiane Vermeersch said she had tried to contact her son a few days before to invite him to his uncle's funeral, to no avail, and had thought he was ignoring her after a row.

"Someone hasn't done their job," she told news channel I-Tele. "I demand explanations"

Ohh man! :shk: how crazy and terribly sad isn't this?

Ahh! poor woman!

Imagine that you're off to bury your brother at the cementary on a very sad day, and then all of a sudden, you discover that your own son, whom you had been trying to contact some days earlier with the invitation to his uncle's funeral - is now buried in a grave near the uncle

This horrible story is like a script taken from some insane & perverse psychological horror-movie!

I have been thinking on this for a while and I really feel the pain of this mother and her family - it's like the father of the family said: It's unthinkable

Sometimes, stories from real life are stranger than any fiction!

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Talk about family reunion!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That is a shame.

Though, he was 42, and as much as I would assume they would contact close relatives, do they have that obligation?

Sad story.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prince Of Darkness
reply to post by Chevalerous

Talk about family reunion!

Haha!
you made me laugh in all this sadness of the artice.

But the really crazy thing here, is that the authorities didn't made all they could to make contact nor notified any family and friends of this man death before they buried him in a grave.

I can see this picture infront of me now:

Some idiotic gray bureaucrat in the Police or local Government handling these cases saying: well I tried to phone his relatives - but they had probably moved or changed phone number so I didn't made any efforts to do a second try and track them down - 'because that is not in my job description'.

No you twit - that is called common sense before you bury somebody in a grave!

Well the moral of this incredibly sad & macabre real life story must then probably be:

Make absolutely sure that your official bureaucrats in your local Government departments ALWAYS HAVE updated information about your near relatives and their whereabouts in case of a sudden death. lol!

new topics

top topics

join