It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay! I'm back in a Marginalized group! :up:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Upon further consideration, I believe I have identified a piece of the issue, if you will. Most atheists behave like extremists in attempting to remove anything spiritual from daily life. They ritualistically attack anything having to do with one's faith. Not much unlike the religious extremists attempt to enforce sharia law or cause religion to be the foundation of the legal system.

The vast majority of us are spiritual in nature, we have a faith or choose to afiliate with an organized religion. The vast majority of us do so without disrupting anyone, proselytzing or mocking another's belief system. In short, we believe in some type of "Free will", the will of EACH individual to worship, or not worship, in their own way and be RESPECTED by others for and of that choice!

Extremists, when issuing attacks, shoud not be suprised when people push back.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I can't believe I forgot about this thread.

Originally posted by kozmo
Upon further consideration, I believe I have identified a piece of the issue, if you will. Most atheists behave like extremists in attempting to remove anything spiritual from daily life.

Except they don't. I go through my daily life not discussing religion at all unless it comes up in conversation. I normally am not the instigator of such conversations, religious people tend to be.

Thank you for making an incredibly bigoted statement towards atheists, sort of proves my point.

They ritualistically attack anything having to do with one's faith. Not much unlike the religious extremists attempt to enforce sharia law or cause religion to be the foundation of the legal system.

Really. Can I please see the evidence that supports your attack on atheists that equates us with people trying to alter legal systems?

The vast majority of us are spiritual in nature, we have a faith or choose to afiliate with an organized religion.

Depends on the nation you're in. However, 16% of the world is non-religious, with the rest split between an incredible variety of religions and there are splits within those groupings as well.

The vast majority of us do so without disrupting anyone, proselytzing or mocking another's belief system.

Except the one person who always seems to have to ask 'can you really be sure there isn't a god?'
I love that you can say the vast majority of theists are decent while the vast majority of atheists are caustic jerks.
I've seen my lack of belief mocked and interfered with. I have to put up with religious displays in the nation I live in. And I'm constantly attacked by people prostelytzing from my family, friends, neighbors, or random strangers.

In short, we believe in some type of "Free will", the will of EACH individual to worship, or not worship, in their own way and be RESPECTED by others for and of that choice!

Except that not all religious people agree with free will. And most of them think that my exercise of 'free will' means that I'm damned for eternity and have an impure soul.
Your religious book even calls me a fool whose actions are all impure.

Extremists, when issuing attacks, shoud not be suprised when people push back.

And people who stereotype entire groups should not be surprised when they're called bigots.

<< 1   >>

join