It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
hell they even had a trial experiment in the fifties
War of the Worlds!

Might wanna check your dates there my friend because if memory serves me right that "trial experiment" was originally broadcast in 1932 by Orson Wells. A far cry from the 50's dontcha think? ;-)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Ben81
i consider all the astronaults who talked about the alien fact to be national real patriot hero...

Which astronauts have talked about aliens?

For starters, Gorden Cooper. His book (cant recall title but his only book I could find) is mind blowing and what I realy liked was the assortment of UFO sightings over the span of his military and Nasa career.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
so if the government is abducting us for experimentation in exchange for technology and this has been going on for some time now what do these alien beings call home....do they have some large base here on the world...where is the solid truth to believe this whole story....technology has advanced within the last few years due to unmanned aircraft...drone airplanes...is the government making all this ufo stuff up again to try and make people believe to cover their technology again....it has been done in the past and history usually repeats itself...was that astranaut told to make this statement...how do we know what to believe

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thanks for the heads up Phage. If that quote is bogus, it is bogus. i'm doing some fact checking now, reading through the mercury 8 "official" flight transmissions. i'm 20 pages into it.... and have a lot of more pages to read through. better to be informed than an unwilling participant in misinformation. thanks for inspiring me to do a little research.
link to mercury 8 transmissions:
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
No they are not "protecting us". Our governments have an agreement with the grays to abduct a certain number of us for experiments and food in exchange for some of their technology.

Sure they do. Because beings capable of conquering the distance between stars need to make deals with comparatively impotent human agencies.

Well your making a few assumptions there. Your assuming whatever alien entities are supposedly in contact with tptb are from another solar system. They might well be from our own solarsystem or from a alternate dimention or even a sentient species that predates humans. Which would make more sense to me. After all the fact that another biological entity that can breath our atmosphere seems a bit unlikely.

Regardless they wouldn't have to be that far advanced that they could traverse millions of light years.

As for the deals with the government. Given that they are intelligent enough to have flying machines that defy gravity. I'm going to assume they posses some form of logic. And it makes logical sense to side with the most powerful hirachy of the planet with which to best manipulate and subdue the population.

From a strategic point of view only madmen and maniacs attempt a full frontal attack

If UFOs started abducting people with no impunity. The world would consolidate as one and a united human race with the sole purpose of self defense is a powerful force indeed.

Imagine the creative power of 6 billion people all working towards the defense of the planet. The aliens wouldn't stand a hope hell and they know it.

So they divide and concour infiltrate and subdue.

Study the art of war or any war strategy and you will know there is a war going on most of you are aware of something. But there are things going on that never gets released and it's these things that we should be trying to uncover

Long story short reality is far stranger than any fiction a we can come up with.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
well, ans me, please, whoever: why should super - advanced civilization has signed an agreement with such morons like gov. of whatever country on the Globe? completely no reasons: their techs allow'em to react upon situation w\o clownish signatures

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You kinda lost me so I'm not sure what your point was. Not even sure if you're agreeing with me. Doesn't matter.

In my opinion (and no. No PhD here. One better. Am an Experiencer) Buzz Aldrin has almost gone out of his way to dispel the possibility that ET is out there.

In the 21st century most people believe in alien life. And of them, I'd guesstimate at least half feel they're within reach (zipping around in our skies)

But here we have Buzz Aldrin. The second man on the Moon. Who says (not verbatim but) there is no proof of ET therefore they don't exist. But most rational people are just going with the incredible odds.

Proof is almost not required at this juncture because we're not at the point of trying to figure out where they come from (not yet anyway). We're just looking into the cosmos almost 'knowing' we can't be alone. It's a given. You're almost looked upon as abnormal if you think any other way almost.

So....it's safe to say most believe we're not alone. Many say they've seen non-man made UFOs. And too many have had experiences.

So why then, is Buzz on such a conservative campaign against ET? What makes him so anal about this topic?

Was he frightened into submission or silenced via threats? Or worse yet, programmed? (MKUltra does exist) so it sure seems something's not right with the man.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

No, I was way to young to talk or even think about such things but your post is cruel and a troll.

Most people here are mature enough to know that disagreement, even vehement disagreement and satire, is not trolling.

But please, enlighten us. How is it trolling to say Dr. Rosin is putting words in the mouth of a dead man?

For, I have met, briefly Wernher Von Braun - he caught a beach ball that had rolled into the street for me.

Oh, so because he caught a beach-ball for you, that makes what Dr. Rosin
said true. That makes total sense.

while I myself am not a very special person, you can call me a Forrest Gump of sorts, I've had more experiences with "fame" than you can imagine.

Oh, well in that case, everything Dr. Rosin said is true. Sure.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
For starters, Gorden Cooper. His book (cant recall title but his only book I could find) is mind blowing and what I realy liked was the assortment of UFO sightings over the span of his military and Nasa career.

A UFO sighting is quite a bit different than first-hand knowledge of an alien presence on Earth. You cannot find a single quote actually from an astronaut, not hearsay or rumor, claiming to have first-hand knowledge of aliens. If you disagree, produce it.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wow this thread is on the front page of ATS. Sure is a hot topic lately. Wonder why?.......

Go greer go!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun
[and I wish I can see the ISS with my own eyes someday...

You can and not just the ISS but LOTS of artificial orbiting objects! Here is the link to the website. AND it is really easy to do! ENJOY! www.heavens-above.com... ]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Well your making a few assumptions there. Your assuming whatever alien entities are supposedly in contact with tptb are from another solar system.

I'm not making any assumptions, I'm commenting on the supplied narrative and mythology.

However, as for the other scenarios you bring up, my point stands. If they are able to travel the solar-system or harness the energy required to cross from one universe to another or even just a pre-human civilization able to control gravity in some aspect, they are far more powerful than anything humans can understand. These beings would not need to human agencies.

Regardless they wouldn't have to be that far advanced that they could traverse millions of light years.

They wouldn't? That is far beyond the means of humans and will be for the foreseeable future.

As for the deals with the government...

Isn't that assuming they are here for some nefarious means?

From a strategic point of view only madmen and maniacs attempt a full frontal attack

If UFOs started abducting people with no impunity. The world would consolidate as one and a united human race with the sole purpose of self defense is a powerful force indeed.

And yet according to the narrative, they are abducting with impunity. But the world governments have not united to fight this threat...

Imagine the creative power of 6 billion people all working towards the defense of the planet. The aliens wouldn't stand a hope hell and they know it.

You don't think beings capable of any of the feats mentioned above wouldn't be able to subdue a planet? All it takes it giving the right asteroid a little nudge...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not real shocking, all you have to do is go back and review the tapes from the first NASA space flights, all space flights, to see that there are things out there that are, IMO, NOT just pieces of "space debris" drifting past the camera.

I, personally feel that they have been here for a while.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
One must really look deeply into the "astronaut testimonials".

The Astronauts and the Aliens

Excellent article; certainly sheds a different light on a lot of the stories.

Agree on the article the thread is about, as well. Nothing more or less than a man with an opinion stating the opinion of another man. Certainly not proof.

No matter where we fall on this subject, can we all agree that opinion isn't proof?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think we tend to rely on people who we deem as some professional or expert to be proof positive. As example we say that a police officer/pilot/astronaut/doctor etc say that they are here and the reality is those people are as connected with reality or fantasy land as any average guy walking down the street is.

As example, I know a lot of pilots since that is the world I live in and I don’t trust many of them with anything other than landing a plane. I don’t find them any better, and in many cases much worse than your average Joe’s view of the world around him.

I have said many times before that we are at the point that we need to further the proof positive beyond testimonies and pictures, and we will most likely not have anything new in our lifetimes, so to throw more of this into the mix really doesn’t push anything forward beyond of where all of it is already at.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

its my first thread about Aliens
that really concentrate on the fact that they exist
because some people are still convinced that we are alone ..

what if somebody who DONT beleive in aliens have the ultimate proof one day... he would react in a bad way and would probably go riot and steal in the street screaming its the apocalypse

but the peoples who beleive in Aliens
will react in a good way .. not very surprise .. he will stay calm
not afraid ... and will not try to shoot at them :S

that the difference between peoples who beleive in them and the ones who dont

Question for you; why would you assume that believing in aliens would mean not shooting? I was under the impression that most who believe in them agree that they are hostile. Seems to me, shooting would be the smart thing to do.

Can guarantee you this; anyone sneaking around MY place at night, be they human, grey, or whatever, better expect to get shot at.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
well from this article it clearly shows the moon landings can be faked and kept secret. I think this is just smoke and mirrors for the public just to believe we landed on the moon and why we can't go back.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Agree on the article the thread is about, as well. Nothing more or less than a man with an opinion stating the opinion of another man. Certainly not proof.

The article is nothing more than a 1000-word association fallacy. There was no substance to the article, whatsoever. Ten pages later, the article isn't being discussed, but a ufological equivalent of spaghetti-against-the-wall, a defense of the article by trying to associate it with anything that will stick.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
No matter where we fall on this subject, can we all agree that opinion isn't proof?

Unfortunately in this field, opinion, rumor and speculation are often confused as empirical fact.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
well from this article it clearly shows the moon landings can be faked and kept secret. I think this is just smoke and mirrors for the public just to believe we landed on the moon and why we can't go back.

I think its all about big money and big power suppressing this information for their own interests.

Unfortunately we are the peasants. The people keeping ufos and alien technology secret have so much power and control its ridiculous. You are dealing with black ops.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Actually, I believe 'disclosure' is happening right now under our very noses, but its path is a very long one indeed...that is to say, over many many years.

It is a very highly controlled disclosure, and is being presented to us in an almost boringly banal fashion. ...

Instant disclosure isn't going to come. We are being groomed to the idea of the existence of other species of intelligent life forms out there. For those in control, it is essential to them that there is no validation of the darker side to the subject. Our own species are quite simply deemed unready to accept such a reality, to accept such a psychological paradigm shift in their thinking and belief systems. It is our current belief systems that are the obstacles to disclosure.

We are not a stable species, and I cannot believe that another intelligent life form would come to us and want to parley with us (on a global scale) whilst we remain in our primal mindsets. We have a lot of growing up to do before we can be deemed sane enough to communicate with fully.

This is on the subject of disclosure, not whether aliens exist or not. Assuming, for the sake of discussion, that they do, we can talk about disclosure. My own opinions on the existence of aliens don't figure in this discussion.

I could not disagree with you more on this topic. If aliens are real, and if the government already knows this, then clearly they have zero intention of ever telling people. Same for any other government. Had they planned to tell people, they would have done so already.

The idea is that the government has secret deals with these aliens, and is keeping this from us. Now, if that were the case, why would they ever admit it? Far simpler to keep going the way they are now.

Plus, it is simply not true that people would not "be ready" for such information. The fact is that many people around the world have, for some time, assumed that there is other life out there, and such news would be nothing but a confirmation of their belief. How people would react to this would depend a great deal on how said aliens were behaving, and on their actions and stated intentions. Certainly, I don't see any difficulties there that we don't already have simply dealing with each other as countries, races, and different religions now.

On that note, what sane alien species would want to form some sort of real contact with us? Any peaceful types would surely stay away, and any other types would have taken over by now, right? All that superior technology, and we are supposed to believe they would skulk in the shadows? Just doesn't seem logical to me. I figure, if they are real, we would either never know, or it would be a slaughter.

Now. none of those scenarios fits (for the record) my own ideas on the topic, but for the sake of discussing disclosure, I set those aside.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join