It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr[1] von Braun (March 23, 1912 – June 16, 1977) was a German-American rocket scientist, astronautics engineer and space architect, becoming one of the leading figures in the creation of rocket technology in Germany and the United States. He was a member of the Nazi party and a commissioned SS officer. Wernher von Braun was said to be the preeminent rocket engineer of the 20th century.[2]
In his 20s and early 30s, von Braun was the central figure in Germany's pre-war rocket development programme, responsible for the design and realization of the deadly V-2 combat rocket during World War II. After the war, he and some of his rocket team were taken to the United States as part of the then-secret Operation Paperclip. In 1955, ten years after entering the country, von Braun became a naturalized U.S. citizen.
Von Braun worked on the US Army intermediate range ballistic missile (IRBM) program before his group was assimilated by NASA, under which he served as director of the newly formed Marshall Space Flight Center and as the chief architect of the Saturn V launch vehicle, the superbooster that propelled the Apollo spacecraft to the Moon.[3] According to one NASA source, he is "without doubt, the greatest rocket scientist in history. His crowning achievement ... was to lead the development of the Saturn V booster rocket that helped land the first men on the Moon in July 1969."[4] He received the 1975 National Medal of Science.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

The "kind" person was a Nazi and a mass murderer (V2 rockets).

[edit on 29-8-2010 by AllIsOne]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
This interviewer surely was taunting him but to punch someone when you're supposed to be high-profiled and respected?

To be openly called out and called a "Coward and a liar", after the service this man has provided for his country and humanity by the likes of a man who is that young and obviously trying to make a name for himself...

the guy deserved to be punched in the face.

thanks for that video. funny stuff.

"You're a coward and a liar"

pop!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Please state the issues with Mitchell? You don't mind throwing the comment out there, could you please explain what you mean?

Or was it just a passing comment.... maybe or maybe not? Explain and we'll all know

Cheers mate

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I still favour the theory that goverments will 'fake' alien presence, and fake an alien invasion / threat to earth to push through with the one world order that they are so after. The only enlightment/awakening to people will be when things get so bad that they realise who has been their true enemy, and suprise surprise, it wont be the muslims that everyone loves to hate. The awakening will be spiritual and will culminate with the emergance of the Antichrist where people will be tricked into thinking that the savious has come. And I suppose you could call him an alien as he is not a mere mortal. Thats the only alien out there, no grey/green little guys in flying saucers and shooting death rays.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
one of my personal favorite quotes from an astronaut:

"I think that Walter Schirra aboard Mercury 8 was the first of the astronauts to use the code name 'Santa Claus' to indicate the presence of flying saucers next to space capsules. However, his announcements were barely noticed by the general public.”
-- Walter Schirra

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Problem is you've all got this faulty picture of aliens that walk on two legs, look kind of like us, and relatable. What happens if they do tell all and show that aliens are perhaps sentient fungi? Or perhaps some sort of feathered dinosaur that does walk on two legs, but is hardly humanoid?

Are you willing to accept that these creatures will not look anything likes us? because if you should learn anything from that, it is likely that humanity will unify, but in isolation and fear, not acceptance and love. It is very likely most people in the developed world would see a new competitor. And now the whole human race will have a picture of what it must beat in being the best at. Because that's what most people are going to do. And what they sacrifice to the government that brings them there has to be considered.

Be careful what you ask for.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
this is incredible, so did Bill Clinton lie or was he lied to ?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

This interviewer surely was taunting him but to punch someone when you're supposed to be high-profiled and respected?

To be openly called out and called a "Coward and a liar", after the service this man has provided for his country and humanity by the likes of a man who is that young and obviously trying to make a name for himself...

the guy deserved to be punched in the face.

thanks for that video. funny stuff.

"You're a coward and a liar"

pop!

I didn't post it to be funny actually. I wanted to point out the state of mind this man is/was in.

You can't go around punching people. You just can't. I think Buzz is too unraveled and one must start wondering why. And here's where both sides take, issue.

Some say he's been terribly misunderstood and misquoted (although he admits seeing UFOs to The Science Channel. In fact he wanted it pulled from the show after claiming it was taken out of context but.....they declined).

Then....we have the other side claiming, he is so messed up from HAVING to lie all these years (by means of being threatened) that he is just damaged goods and that's why he drinks so much.

You can't be a public figure, go out to book signings, interviews etc and not expect unruly people. You have to maintain balance and Buzz is clearly, unbalanced.
Again, not saying he's a bad man but his opinions about whether astronauts encountered UFOs should really not be considered.

I feel sorry for him but I am of the belief he knows a lot more than he's letting on.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mohammed_nz
I still favour the theory that goverments will 'fake' alien presence, and fake an alien invasion / threat to earth to push through with the one world order that they are so after. The only enlightment/awakening to people will be when things get so bad that they realise who has been their true enemy, and suprise surprise, it wont be the muslims that everyone loves to hate. The awakening will be spiritual and will culminate with the emergance of the Antichrist where people will be tricked into thinking that the savious has come. And I suppose you could call him an alien as he is not a mere mortal. Thats the only alien out there, no grey/green little guys in flying saucers and shooting death rays.

Exactly.

It is called "The Great Deception", and it will fool many, including many Christians.

Signs in the heavens and on Earth will preceed this. These have already begun. The time is near. Aliens are not our hope. Jesus is.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just because he says so does not mean it's true.

If this serves as any "proof" to you, then the fault would fall under the category of confirmation bias. The President of the US himself could announce it, and it could still not be the truth.

Even if a "live alien" were brought out and shown to the world, you'd still never know from where it came (though most would be quick to assume outer space).

I'm just saying. Believe whatever you want.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
While all you beleivers impatiently wait with baited breath for your
government to reveal evidence of existance, i find it so ironic, because
everything you know is because your government revealed it to you!
This is the biggest con job by any government ever! At first it was
just the US, now it seems its gone global. Yes even an unbeleiver can
see whats coming, hell they even had a trial experiment in the fifties
War of the Worlds! Yes all your so called overwhealming evidence has
been fed to you! So when your government comes out and says
"ok you were right, sorry for lying, yes we have known of and are in
constant contact with" you will not only beleive everything they say,
you will also do as they say for you have been programmed! You
have also been warned.

I must reluctanly agree with this person... the fact that advanced technology appears to be privately held is not necessarily proof that there are alien societies at play... A volume of recent UFO spottings does not change this... We ASSume that this means little green / grey / whatever 'men'.

Odds are we've been had... yet again.

I have personal experience, continouus repeatable experience that God is real and so is the enemy of God... choose ye this day whom ye will serve.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

A national hero and the sixth man to walk on the moon said that your government and others have been in contact with ET’s for over 67 years. That’s an incredible statement. It was buried on page seven the next day in the NY Post…” Commercial Airline Pilot, Jim Courant. Our government has learned how to keep “Secrets” successfully for a very long time. But there are a handful of “Patriots” like Apollo astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell a scientists in his own right

maybe, they was in too close contact with heavy drugs?
nasa has extended this crap to divert really bad question for'em. if they have a little self-esteem & mind, they must stand up & just say: The Moon mission was faked!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

That is the most brilliant explanation for this whole conspiracy I have ever seen. You should make a thread with your thoughts on all things pertaining to UFOlogy.

**edit** I am curious what an astronault is?

[edit on 8/29/2010 by sputniksteve]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You quote Walter Schirra as saying, "I think that Walter Schirra..."? That's odd.

Here's what he said (in mid-December):

Gemini VII, this is Gemini VI. We have an object, looks like a satellite going from north to south, probably in polar orbit…. Looks like he might be going to reenter soon. Stand by one…. You just might let me to pick up that thing…. I see a command module and eight smaller modules in front. The pilot of the command module is wearing a red suit.
www.centauri-dreams.org...

[edit on 8/29/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Santa clause!

lol. Priceless.

But yea, like I said earlier, don't assume anything relatable for aliens.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Ben81

Do you guys hear yourselves? You trekkies have lost what little plot
you may or may not have once had! Greys, realistic holograms, V series
stargate come on..... really?

Maybe... but it is the typical human response to trying to figure out an issue that is beyond imagination.

Anyone who thinks we are alone are the ones that are nuts. We are here (as far as we know "here" to be...), so it stands to reason there are maybe more like us (?) or otherwise intelligent life out there. The odds are stacked firmly in favor of it.

I just fail to understand why it is people think we are the only life out there. I guess some people just aren't ready to think beyond their own little patch of planet earth.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Okay...first, anyone who thinks we are the only intelligent life in this vast universe is imho a complete [snip] idiot.

Second, do you really think some human wondering around in the jungle figured out how to etch multi layers of silicone, nano-meters apart, using crystal for clk, in a container smaller than your thumb nail, capable of 60+ gigabytes of storage, in the form of a usb stick that plugs into your wifi notebook powered with a lithium battery is human tech?

We are still using the combustion engine for christ sake.

Removed censor circumvention

[edit on 29/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I would imagine a species would choose to not risk endangering it's own life by coming to Earth directly. Perhaps using a "UAV" or "Avatar Body" of some type to do the exploration for it. Perhaps an intelligent bio-mechanical robot to do the recon and observation of our planet and life forms.

Why risk a life when you can just send in the drone/robot to take measurements, observations, samples?

The Moon would seem to be the best possible place to initiate contact with the dominant species of a planet. The first exploration of a planets moon would seem to indicate that a species made it that far and might have potential. With the extreme amount of secrecy that exists in our Government and Military it is nearly impossible to get an answer. Perhaps we are just not ready to know. Perhaps the truth is so different from what we could imagine that it is nearly impossible for the human mind to comprehend. Perhaps we are alone and there has never been any indication of anything else out there.

If there was anything on the Moon surely the men who represented Earth by walking on the Moon would know about it. And any chance for a return mission to the Moon seems to have disappeared. R.I.P Constellation Moon mission that would have happened in 2020. If we are not going to set up any type of base on the Moon what hope is there to explore Mars with manned missions?

Not much of one that I can see.

Skip exploring the moon in 2020 in order to explore Mars in what 2050? 2080? Egh I can already hear the bureaucrats excuses. "Why bother exploring Mars? We have already sent probes and all there is are useless rocks. We have already learned all we need to know. No Oil on Mars. Go back to watching Jersey Shore and American Idol. Stop worrying about Space."

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I wanted to point out the state of mind this man is/was in.

state of mind of this man? what do you use as comparison when judging this man's experience and the life experiences he has had and endured?

hell of thing trying to convince billions of his own species that we are not alone, especially when they will latch onto anything to disprove the sensory input of someone who has given so many years towards public service.

finish you PH.D., and then tell us ATSers your professional opinion.

even then, it takes a panel of professionals from varied specialities to hand out diagnosises.

You can't go around punching people. You just can't.

sure you can. i just recently saw a video clip of it actually happening.

I think Buzz is too unraveled and one must start wondering why. And here's where both sides take, issue.

pssst. don't tell too many people this .... but the truth may have more than two sides to it. and, the truth may be more plural than singular, also. shhhh. keep it a secret.

You can't be a public figure, go out to book signings, interviews etc and not expect unruly people. You have to maintain balance and Buzz is clearly, unbalanced.

unbalanced? he didn't loose his balance or even wabble after throwing that punch. seems balanced to me.

Again, not saying he's a bad man but his opinions about whether astronauts encountered UFOs should really not be considered.

according to whom? a layman handing out psychological diagnosises?

I feel sorry for him but I am of the belief he knows a lot more than he's letting on.

they often speak in code, me thinks.

peace,
et

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by helltick

Amen! Star for you!!

I want to go right back to the day man first thought of looking for metal to make tools out of. What gave him that idea??? Apes in the wild are the ones to watch, millennia from now. Seeing as we are so closely related, it will be interesting to see how they progress, and whether they start making tools etc..

I find it an intriguing idea that we are somehow guided to "discoveries". I'm not talking God here, so don't go all religious on me.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join