It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

you never heard that you can actually see the international space station
at night ...
its the most biggest and shiny "stars" in the sky at night
it reflecte the sun..
each night try to spot it .. its a great sight

its a white dot in the sky but its our ISS
not a stars

Viewing Them from the Ground
Depending on your location on the Earth's surface, the spacecraft's position in orbit and the time of day, you may be able to see either the space shuttle or the International Space Station, or both, as they orbit about 386 kilometers (240 miles) above the planet. A spacecraft will be seen as a steady white pinpoint of light moving slowly across the sky.

For each shuttle flight, the Flight Dynamics Officers in NASA's Mission Control Center use sophisticated computer software to predict when and where the shuttle will be visible to people on the ground. Now that station assembly has begun, they also will predict where the space station will be visible from the ground. For rendezvous and docking missions, both will be visible at the same time once the two vehicles have docked in orbit and only one listing will be necessary.

Nasa sighting help
Trackind the ISS

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's not like a star at all. It moves quite fast. Big difference.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
It's not like a star at all. It moves quite fast. Big difference.

i had the chance to observe it for at least 30 minutes in my last vacation in NC... i love the ISS sight at night

it move fast compare to a stars
thats for sure
but if you look at it .. its hard to notice that its moving
1hrs = moved a few inch
when you look at it you cant tell

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Tempest333

That is all years behind me and I still punch myself in the arm every now and then for loosing the path I dreamed.

the quote above ... what path you wished to have walked instead ..
what could you have done that you would now do ... ?
your interests in UFO/Space ??

Astronomy. My dream encompasses operating a large telescope/observatory to farming Mars, and everything in between.

At the moment, as a RE Professional, I have to work to find work, so to speak, and do not have the time to make it into a hobby. I'll get a tele and setup in a few years.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tempest333

reply to post by Tempest333

That is all years behind me and I still punch myself in the arm every now and then for loosing the path I dreamed.

the quote above ... what path you wished to have walked instead ..
what could you have done that you would now do ... ?
your interests in UFO/Space ??

Astronomy. My dream encompasses operating a large telescope/observatory to farming Mars, and everything in between.

At the moment, as a RE Professional, I have to work to find work, so to speak, and do not have the time to make it into a hobby. I'll get a tele and setup in a few years.

thats my kind of dream

i always wanted a big telescope to observe the sky
zoom in the space above us
i would pass hrs to observe it and spy the sky
i also like archeology ... awesome domain

its only a hobby .. since we have jobs and famillies to take care...
our priority is the society we live in today .. we are all lock up by many responsabilities .. many have dreams like us that were not fulfilled because of those routine jobs taxpayers expensives lifes
i cant afford any telescope right now.. hope one day you can buy a big one and for me only a small one will be ok lol
i will come to your place and peak on this huge futur telescope of yours

2012 will happen.. it will change the world has we know it but not destroying it .. many thinks that
we will survive and we will have a better oriented futur
i have good hope in humanity and in those dreams we have
like a quoted many times before :
spirituality will save manking ....oups i mean mankind

read the thread in my signature for more deeper details

[edit on 8/29/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Ben81

No they are not "protecting us". Our governments have an agreement with the grays to abduct a certain number of us for experiments and food in exchange for some of their technology.

That "agreement" has since fallen through and we are being exploited.

Our government officials are behind the eight ball and just don't want the public to know how powerless we are in this situation.

Know how TPTB like to shove what is actually going on in your face and under your nose?

Watch the new V series.............explains a lot.

i agree ..

about the V series .. not that much
alien reptiles ? i dont know thats way to far fetched lol
i never really seriously look this subject of THE reptilian race
i have only heard about it without researching really on the subject ..

i prefer Stargate franchise

many things in the 16 seasons +3 movies sounds more plausible than the V series ...
what part did you like about that particular series ????
i love the actress who play the big mother
she played a demi god in Stargate and royal prost**** in Firefly
i loved that serie but only 1 season sadly

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Then you 100% were not observing the ISS. It is so simple to observe correctly and corroborate, however you can't even do that.....and you want to sit here and tell us your powers of observation and mental aptitude to intelligently discuss the subject of UFOs is adequate? It's the ISS, how could you get that sighting wrong for crying out loud then come on here and try to impress us "skeptics" with your knowledge of the UFO subject.

If you can't get reality right, I'm sure as heck not getting into a debate about fantasy/fictional/non-existing evidence and ignorant internet rumors that seem never to go away.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by Ben81

Then you 100% were not observing the ISS. It is so simple to observe correctly and corroborate, however you can't even do that.....and you want to sit here and tell us your powers of observation and mental aptitude to intelligently discuss the subject of UFOs is adequate? It's the ISS, how could you get that sighting wrong for crying out loud then come on here and try to impress us "skeptics" with your knowledge of the UFO subject.

If you can't get reality right, I'm sure as heck not getting into a debate about fantasy/fictional/non-existing evidence and ignorant internet rumors that seem never to go away.

what are you talking about ?
why so negative ? you dont like my powers of observation and mental aptitudes ??

explain me... why and what part about the ISS im wrong??
i didnt get that clearly ...
i always admit if im wrong about something .. please enlight me more

so i can agree with you

thank

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
do not cling to these ideas, weather they are in contact or not, you have nothing they want, dont get yourself exicted over nothing.

If they wish to make contact welcome them like you would welcome a friend, we are very primtive some people would try to attack these vistors, and doom our future by doing so.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
do not cling to these ideas, weather they are in contact or not, you have nothing they want, dont get yourself exicted over nothing.

If they wish to make contact welcome them like you would welcome a friend, we are very primtive some people would try to attack these vistors, and doom our future by doing so.

i agree..
people today are fragile to panic at every new situation they encounter
its not their fault ... some are really fearing death
its those ones who are dangerous
they will be the first one to attack the visitors .. because they are scared

they will show themself when they want .. i will not wait for them
if it happen in my life time .. that would be cool
but its not so much a big deal to me
since i already accepted that Aliens do exist
it would explain many things + our missing link
but still .. if they dont exist my life will not change

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

i consider all the astronaults who talked about the alien fact to be national real patriot hero...

Which astronauts have talked about aliens?

you should really do your homework pal. I shouldnt even have to mention which astronauts have spoken about this, obiously you know very little on this subject, and dont want to keep an open mind about things.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

so in resume .. you dont beleive in Aliens .. is it so hard to tell ?

Who said anything about not believing in aliens?

i will respect your opinions but you have to respect those astronaults guys to

I do respect the astronauts; enough that I will listen to what they actually say, not misinterpreting or misappropriating their words and subscribing to hearsay about them.

do you always beleive in official stories ?

Your appeal-to-spite aside, the official story is irrelevant; I care about based on the evidence as examined through critical thinking.

Why don't we discuss the subject instead of trying to change it?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
you should really do your homework pal. I shouldnt even have to mention which astronauts have spoken about this, obiously you know very little on this subject, and dont want to keep an open mind about things.

Then please, enlighten me. Show me which astronauts claim to have first hand knowledge of aliens. Should be simple, right?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

so in resume .. you dont beleive in Aliens .. is it so hard to tell ?

Who said anything about not believing in aliens?

i will respect your opinions but you have to respect those astronaults guys to

I do respect the astronauts; enough that I will listen to what they actually say, not misinterpreting or misappropriating their words and subscribing to hearsay about them.

do you always beleive in official stories ?

Your appeal-to-spite aside, the official story is irrelevant; I care about based on the evidence as examined through critical thinking.

Why don't we discuss the subject instead of trying to change it?

i have gave numerous facts to support the evidence ...
im ready to debate with you but give me some facts to support yours
and what are your belief on the subject..
so far you only debunked in a none factual way
telling me you need this you need that
and that im wrong ..
give me the chance to agree with your opinions

i advice you stop your research stop reading
you are a visual person that need pictures of real things to start beleiving
please watch this discovery channel mini documentary series
ANCIENT ALIENS

its a very fascinating and credible documentary.. the best yet...
a sign that a disclosure may be sooner than you think
we need to study our past to beleive in the futur

its 5 differents long episode that worth every minutes to watch and learn

even after watching all the episodes.. i still remain skeptic with an open mind ..
we need to balance what we question and what we have learned
if you dont balance it properly you may turn "crazy" in the mind

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

When did you give these facts?

I already have. You have posted no facts, only rumors and hearsay.

and what are your belief on the subject...

My beliefs are irrelevant. My beliefs do not make the subject any more or less valid. Let us deal with facts, not beliefs.

And you are still trying to change the subject. The subject is neither me nor my beliefs.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

When did you give these facts?

I already have. You have posted no facts, only rumors and hearsay.

and what are your belief on the subject...

My beliefs are irrelevant. My beliefs do not make the subject any more or less valid. Let us deal with facts, not beliefs.

And you are still trying to change the subject. The subject is neither me nor my beliefs.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

you are one hardcore skeptic debunker
you know that ?

the Ancient Alien series have exausted all your wishes
that serie can convince any hardcore .. trust me

Aliens have been here for a long long time
our stories are actually based on those Aliens and Gods
those stories were a little bit misstranslanted with time.. since in the past their views on things were different... than our modern view now
a flying saucer for them was a god or a angel inside a chariot making thunder and fire with their horses
there are many very OLD painted pictures
that have some represented machine/chariot flying in the blue sky

Evidence in old pictures

and this is only one little fact
if you search .. there are thousand of facts
trust me i wouldnt lie to you

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just another point of view - you are not posting "facts". You are posting speculation and opinion. While these things may feel emotionally compelling to you, they are not, in fact, facts.

A link to the Apollo recordings, for instance, might constitute "fact", assuming that disputes over authenticity did not exclude them from that category.

I am reading this thread dligently waiting for fact, or even disputable evidence - something more than speculation - and have yet to see any.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
having enjoyed a few conversations with a certain steve nagel who grew up with his family across the street from my house, i tend to hold the personal belief that these astronauts are speaking the truth when discussing encounters. sure, i know, astronauts do not have as much influence and control over the main stream media as much as subversive government entities do, so maybe the truth is not being fully disclosed.

honestly, does any atser think that martial law would be overtly announced to hundreds of millions, if not billions of people simultaneously?

martial law does not work that way, sorry.

governments do not need to formally declare war in order to carry out military operations in foreign lands, this is just a fact.

do atsers believe that governments would formally declare martial law via msm? why? what possible benefit would that be for martial law?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Even if i would teleport you on a spaceship above earth
the next morning you will come to me with silly reasons like
hey did you drug me or something ..
hey i had a cool dream .. etc

Exactly.

People can always rationalize any evidence away.

They can always think up some explanation or series of events to support their preconceived notions.

You can’t make someone believe something or even consider something regardless of what logic, evidence, or proof you might have.

Don’t waste your time trying to have a discussion with someone that is just trying to argue.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Ben81

Just another point of view - you are not posting "facts". You are posting speculation and opinion. While these things may feel emotionally compelling to you, they are not, in fact, facts.

A link to the Apollo recordings, for instance, might constitute "fact", assuming that disputes over authenticity did not exclude them from that category.

I am reading this thread dligently waiting for fact, or even disputable evidence - something more than speculation - and have yet to see any.

Just saying.

it depend how you defines facts
i can give you thousand of those
and you will still doubt them

the link with the thousand years old painted pictures are REAL facts

This Madonna was painted sometime during the 1400s. The artist’s name is not known, but the painting has been credited to the Lippi school.

At first glance you will probably notice a strange shape in the sky above the Madonna’s left shoulder. If you were to see the original, full size painting you would see the object clearly.

Looking at the enlargement of that area you can see that there is some sort of flying craft in the sky. You can even see that there is a man and his dog standing there who seem to be looking up at the craft.

i have a favorite:

can you debunk that picture dated from the 1400 ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join