It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Doomsday Rex
There are two sides to every argument, Those for and those against. Linking to Skeptoid is just linking to a view thats totally opposite to that of this OP.
Skeptics dont believe in anything, I prefer to have an open mind. I am certain i dont know or understand everything that transpires on earth or off earth, so using that logic I never understand why these skeptics believe they have all the answers.
Clearly they dont as their vision is narrow and often short-sighted.
This also goes for the Science nuts and the God botherers, neither Science or the bible has all the answers.
In 200 years time, if we still exist as a race, I am certain that most current theories will be disproven.
Try to keep an open mind.

Before you complain and put down skepticism, learn what the word means.

From Wikipedia 'cause the definition is not dependent upon the source.
"Skepticism or scepticism (see spelling differences) is generally any questioning attitude towards knowledge, facts, or opinions/beliefs stated as facts,[1] or doubt regarding claims that are taken for granted elsewhere.[2]"

You obviously are not a skeptic so you must be a believer. You don't require evidence and accept blindly the claims that others make. It is you whose vision is narrow and short-sighted. Believers do not have an open mind, they have closed minds for they have made up their mind without allowing for possibilities which would be dependent on evidence. No evidence, invalid claim.

Do not give advice that you are not willing to employ so develop and open mind instead.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Except for me and maybe one or two others who prefer to accept original reports showing that what landed nearRoswell had nothing to do with UFOs,

let me guess. I bet you believed the origional official
statement on what crashed in roswell. You believe the
latest too ( project m) And if they came out with a statement
tomorrow saying what really crashed in roswell was an american
top secret spy plane, you wouldmost prob believe that too.

See what im getting at here?

Im not saying an ET craft crashed in roswell, but i think from
the evidence, it was not project M.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiccoIncident
I've been fascinated by UFO/ET disclosure, and have done a lot of research on this. Writer-director Ben Mazzotta and I are in post-production on a UFO-ET feature film that addresses the ideas of alien abduction, and people's perception and fear of ETs. The Picco Incident leans more towards Close Encounters of the Third Kind than Hollywood-style "evil aliens destroying the planet" films. We are a small team, so we need your support in checking out our teaser and FB page. I've posted interviews with Ed Mitchell on the FB page. This may be the story that you, as an abductee, UFOlogist, or fortean, may be waiting for.
THE PICCO INCIDENT
Something Is Coming.
Teaser: youtu.be...

Best,
Maria Kennedy

Your project sounds interesting but if it's not dependent on facts and evidence then there will be no difference between it and fictional offerings. The fact that you mention Ed Mitchell suggests that it won't be based on truth but on opinion for Mitchell has been discussed here in various threads and the consensus is that he is not expounding on truth but on myth, as told to him by others.

I don't understand your meaning by separating 100% Hollywood Close Encounters of the Third Kind from Hollywood-style "evil aliens destroying the planet" films. They're both products of fertile imaginations and one is not superior to the other because one shows benevolent beings. Since neither is based on truth, then they're just entertainment with no indicated message which would still be a writing team's creation.

I suggest that instead of continuing with your flawed project you, instead, develop a project aimed at educating the public about the mythology of aliens and the reality of UFOs. It should be approximately 15 minutes in length!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Except for me and maybe one or two others who prefer to accept original reports showing that what landed nearRoswell had nothing to do with UFOs,

let me guess. I bet you believed the origional official
statement on what crashed in roswell. You believe the
latest too ( project m) And if they came out with a statement
tomorrow saying what really crashed in roswell was an american
top secret spy plane, you wouldmost prob believe that too.

See what im getting at here?

Im not saying an ET craft crashed in roswell, but i think from
the evidence, it was not project M.

Why don't you rely instead on what "Mac" Brazel was quoted as finding which cannot be changed to fit romantic notions? And, yes, I'd rather accept "project M" before I'd even consider any other fanciful notion. I remember when the Japanese surrendered. Unless you are as old you have no concept of the temper of the times and the tension between the two greatest world powers and what was employed to gain the upper hand. Roswell UFO crash? BS!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Actually, I believe 'disclosure' is happening right now under our very noses, but its path is a very long one indeed...that is to say, over many many years.

It is a very highly controlled disclosure, and is being presented to us in an almost boringly banal fashion. First, evidence is presented that possible microbial life forms have been found fossilised on a small meteorite that allegedly came from Mars, but remains controversial.

We now have the search for exo-planets, many of which have been found, but again it remains controversial. It is in this manner that disclosure is happening, its excitement diluted to the point of deadness.

What you are not going to get is the disclosure that Roswell was a 'genuine' alien crash; that we are constantly being visited by extraterestrials, that abductions have and are continually taking place, all that darker side of the UFO arena will never be disclosed.

Sometime in the future, scientists will declare that they have recieved a signal and have sent back a reply, but because of the distances involved, a reply to our reply will not be recieved in the lifetimes of those that sent the response.

Instant disclosure isn't going to come. We are being groomed to the idea of the existence of other species of intelligent life forms out there. For those in control, it is essential to them that there is no validation of the darker side to the subject. Our own species are quite simply deemed unready to accept such a reality, to accept such a psychological paradigm shift in their thinking and belief systems. It is our current belief systems that are the obstacles to disclosure.

Of course, many of us could accept the idea without any qualms, but for many others, it will be too much of a shock and insult to their mindset...and their reaction would be one bordering on insanity. In a nutshell, our societies could not survive disclosure as they currently stand...they are barely holding on as it is. Suspicion and distrust, corruption and greed, treason and racial and religious bigotry, war based on corporate greed and mistrust of political parties...etc.

We are not a stable species, and I cannot believe that another intelligent life form would come to us and want to parley with us (on a global scale) whilst we remain in our primal mindsets. We have a lot of growing up to do before we can be deemed sane enough to communicate with fully.

Bear in mind, that older civilisations will have been through the growing pangs that we ourselves are currently experiencing, they'll know how to proceed if they are watching us. We are like a flower in a field of flowers, some make it, others don't. It is up to us to try and make it, and to do that we have to gain a maturity that looks far beyond our reach.

"Actually, I believe 'disclosure' is happening right now under our very noses, but its path is a very long one indeed...that is to say, over many many years."

That statement is so true and this image from "Malin" www.msss.com is one of them :
www.msss.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

No Offense , but why should anyone believe anything you say?
Your just another anon poster with nothing but your Opinion.

Don't shoot the messenger. Look at the message that the messenger brings. We are all anons, all posting our opinions like you just did. Don't believe anything I say, but chances are that if you do it's as good as coming from the horse's mouth. It's a good sign that you doubt instead of coming out and simply telling me I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luminaught
this is what ATS has become, a place for "ambassadors of light and love", and spokespersons for the "Galactic Federation", and people channeling Laika.
It seems like every day there is another "last warning" for we earthers to conserve resources, become vegans, live in yurts, and of course spread light and love.
There is never any any substance to any of it, just hints that a poster may have some juicy inside information, which of course cannot be shared with we mere mortals.
This site used to be about denying ignorance, but now ignorance is embraced....

I agree so very much with this.

Since I'm a guest here, I'm leery of critizising the host, however, without increased hoax/religion-moderation, I agree that the site will become too much of an offense to one's intellect to bear.

I actually signed up here because I was so fed up with the reading on the site, I thought I might interject a bit of rationality and scepticism into the proceedings. That was a bit naive, of course:
The problem is that the no holds barred New Age children, the druggies who think that drug experiences are 'real', the obvious schizophrenic types, the demon-infatuated Christians, the influence of UFO-cults like Scientology etc, all give 'an open mind' a bad name, and pushes all us sceptics into a debunker-position.

Only moderation will help that.

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer

Originally posted by Luminaught
this is what ATS has become, a place for "ambassadors of light and love", and spokespersons for the "Galactic Federation", and people channeling Laika.
It seems like every day there is another "last warning" for we earthers to conserve resources, become vegans, live in yurts, and of course spread light and love.
There is never any any substance to any of it, just hints that a poster may have some juicy inside information, which of course cannot be shared with we mere mortals.
This site used to be about denying ignorance, but now ignorance is embraced....

I agree so very much with this.

Since I'm a guest here, I'm leery of critizising the host, however, without increased hoax/religion-moderation, I agree that the site will become too much of an offense to one's intellect to bear.

I actually signed up here because I was so fed up with the reading on the site, I thought I might interject a bit of rationality and scepticism into the proceedings. That was a bit naive, of course:
The problem is that the no holds barred New Age children, the druggies who think that drug experiences are 'real', the obvious schizophrenic types, the demon-infatuated Christians, the influence of UFO-cults like Scientology etc, all give 'an open mind' a bad name, and pushes all us sceptics into a debunker-position.

Only moderation will help that.

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

An authentic open mind is always welcome by us few. Skepticism should be de rigueur but not close-minded skepticism. We're dealing with believers and in their stupor they'll resort to illogic arguments and will ignore common sense and reason.

There is a bit of expression freedom on this forum but the people that you'll really need to watch out for are a couple of overzealous mods who behave like outlaws seemingly using their questionable morals as reasons for removing threads or comments.

Even though this forum, and practically all forums, are people by religious believers it used to really be worse with all kinds of bible thumping threads and comments. Thankfully, their numbers have been reduced.

Some thread creators are under the assumption that if you don't agree with their topic and try to interject facts or comments that run counter they'll be so bold as to tell you to butt out. But you can put them in their place by reminding them that this a public forum, open to all. Sometimes, miraculously, a mod will do that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

"the government have been lying to us for a long time ..
i dont call that PROTECTION .. they dont protect us with this national security bull****"

refer to signature below

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Why don't you rely instead on what "Mac" Brazel was quoted as finding which cannot be changed to fit romantic notions? And, yes, I'd rather accept "project M" before I'd even consider any other fanciful notion. I remember when the Japanese surrendered. Unless you are as old you have no concept of the temper of the times and the tension between the two greatest world powers and what was employed to gain the upper hand. Roswell UFO crash? BS!

sorry, it just does not make sense. Brazel claimed what he came
across was tin foil, beams made from wood, and rubber. Now, i
would also like to add that brazel came out with with after being
questioned for ours by the militery. But what i find more amazing
is this. If what he said is true, then basically anyone could come
across that stuff and know it was man made, but the militery personel
that were thete claimed it was a flying saucer. How could they make
such a stupid mistake by just looking at beams of wood, tin foil, and
rubber?

Im not saying it wss an ET craft. But the project M theory has so many
holes, that i find it amazing that people still believe it. But some people
will believe everything their government says

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

sorry, it just does not make sense. Brazel claimed what he came across was tin foil, beams made from wood, and rubber. Now, i would also like to add that brazel came out with with after being questioned for ours by the militery. But what i find more amazing is this. If what he said is true, then basically anyone could come across that stuff and know it was man made, but the militery personel that were thete claimed it was a flying saucer. How could they make such a stupid mistake by just looking at beams of wood, tin foil, and rubber?

Im not saying it wss an ET craft. But the project M theory has so many holes, that i find it amazing that people still believe it. But some people will believe everything their government says

Okay, at least you are not saying that it was an ET craft which places us in the minority. And then let's say that it wasn't Project Mogul although the evidence points in that direction. What's left? As you said Brazel was questioned for hours. What happens to a "simple" mind (an assumption based on Brazel's lifestyle) when it's surrounded by men in uniform trying to change your mind from what you know to what they want you to think? I don't know how strongwilled Brazel was but,,,

www.foreshadower.net...
New Mexico Rancher Sorry Now That He Said Anything About It

ROSWELL, July 9 (AP) — W. W. Brazel, the New Mexico rancher who was originally thought to have found the nation’s first “flying disc” is sorry he said anything about it.The 48-year-old New Mexican said he was amazed at the fuss made over his discovery.”If I find anything else short of a bomb it’s going to be hard to get me to talk,” he told the Associated Press yesterday.

edit on Mon Oct 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS and FIXED TAG

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Brazel said that two weather balloons had crashed on his ranch in
the past, and this was nothing like them. Back in those days, you
you were told to shut up, you would shut up. It was alot different
back then.

But like i said before, how can militery mistake a weather balloon
for a flying disc? Are they blind? When they walked on the ranch
and saw the foil, rubber, and wooden beams, like they said, how
the hell can they mistake that for a flying saucer? It just does not
make sense at all!

Like i said before. Im not saying its ET, but i do believe it could have
been a very secret militery craft. The project M explanation has many
holes, most important the dates.

Its would not suprise me if they came out with another explanation
in the near future.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Brazel said that two weather balloons had crashed on his ranch in the past, and this was nothing like them. Back in those days, you you were told to shut up, you would shut up. It was alot different back then.

But like i said before, how can militery mistake a weather balloon for a flying disc? Are they blind? When they walked on the ranch and saw the foil, rubber, and wooden beams, like they said, how the hell can they mistake that for a flying saucer? It just does not make sense at all!

Like i said before. Im not saying its ET, but i do believe it could have been a very secret militery craft. The project M explanation has many holes, most important the dates.

Its would not suprise me if they came out with another explanation in the near future.

Simple interpolation. Here's how it makes sense to me. On previous occasions Brazel may have found remnants of weather balloons. This time it may not have been a weather balloon, based on the debris and the acknowledgement that said debris came from Project Mogul.

Why would the military tell the world, rather foolishly for silence would have been preferred, that they recovered a flying saucer? Because tension between us and the Russians was high, they were conducting atomic tests and we were spying on them. The Russians find this out and a possible WWIII is in the beginning stages.

Why not create a stupid lie that will throw suspicion away from Project Mogul? I think it's that simple. And a lot of people who were not in the loop accepted the flying saucer bs and there was no looking back, the damage had been done.

Any scenario similar to mine is better than that a real flying saucer crashed and there is no evidence to support it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

But project M would have had the same characteristics as a
weather balloon. The wood beams, tin foil etc. The militery who
arrived there certainly did not think it was a weather balloon, or
project M, which pretty much looked like a weather balloon. Also
the dates dont make sense.

Also, why is there no documentaion that shows that project M was
recovered on the ranch? That in itself is highly suspicious.
Supposely the documents were destroyed. Yeah right!

And what about the militery men who had mistaken tin foil, rubber,
and wooden beams for a flying saucer. Did they get in trouble? No!
they went on to have great militery careers.

You dont have to believe the "official" story, just so you dont have
to believe the "et flying saucer bs"

But to me, its obvious there is still a cover up. But i guess we will have
to agree to disagree

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

But project M would have had the same characteristics as a
weather balloon. The wood beams, tin foil etc. The militery who
arrived there certainly did not think it was a weather balloon, or
project M, which pretty much looked like a weather balloon. Also
the dates dont make sense.

Also, why is there no documentaion that shows that project M was
recovered on the ranch? That in itself is highly suspicious.
Supposely the documents were destroyed. Yeah right!

And what about the militery men who had mistaken tin foil, rubber,
and wooden beams for a flying saucer. Did they get in trouble? No!
they went on to have great militery careers.

You dont have to believe the "official" story, just so you dont have
to believe the "et flying saucer bs"

But to me, its obvious there is still a cover up. But i guess we will have
to agree to disagree

I've been through a ton of threads on this subject with believers comprising 99.9% for a crashed UFO. I had a thread that was hijacked by a member who must have posted hundreds of pages of documents, none of which impressed me.

My stance in one sentence: Based on the research I've done since 1980, I will never accept that a UFO crashed not only near Roswell but anywhere on Earth.

BTW, I'm part of a small group of people who learned about Roswell as late as 1958 when I was introduced by an Air Force captain who I befriended while stationed at Sidi Slimane AFB in Morocco. He loaned me a book tiled "Flying Saucers Have Landed" by Desmond Leslie & George Adamski (1953). He said that he didn't believe the contents and regaled to me that he had been been in a base where it was claimed a flying saucer had crashed but he was on leave there and didn't have the time to check it out but because Adamski's "benevolent" space brothers were different from what he heard he didn't think the story was true. It was all new to me so I didn't pursue asking him about but my interest in UFOs or, really, flying saucers was born and I haven't looked back since and when books about Roswell started coming out that's when I got involved and it was more than I was willing to accept.

It's good to "agree"!

edit on 18-10-2012 by The Shrike because: Correct grammar errors.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Ben81

No they are not "protecting us". Our governments have an agreement with the grays to abduct a certain number of us for experiments and food in exchange for some of their technology.

That "agreement" has since fallen through and we are being exploited.

Sorry to be a harsh on your buzz, but can you please provide proof of this claim?

or at least some sort of source

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join