It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Spaciba

Did you mean "speciba"? As in "Speciba tovarich" ("Thanks, Buddy!")

Nyet!...or, "Da"?

nah, nyet.

...."Da sveedanya"

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Double, Double, Toil and Trouble.....

[edit on 1 September 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Well there is no single definitive defintion of knowledge , and the concept of information is closely related to the notion of knowledge.

So I still think that you have to have knowledge and information on a subject before you can formulate a strong belief .

As you well know , there are millions of texts on such subjects as religion, science, UFO's and aliens

and words are information , which can bring knowledge , which then can allow a person to formulate any belief

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

spaciba like thank you or merci
im half french canadian and i have germany origins
but i never went to europe and i dont speak at all deutsh

tovarich = buddy ?

thank you for that now i know a new word in my short 5 russian word list ahaha

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Originally posted by Overtime
As far as Gordon Cooper goes Ive read his book and there is no half quotes with missing info. The fact is the first man to orbit the Earth has seen and firmly believes that we are being visited by et craft. Period.

Uh, 'fact is', Cooper was never the first man to orbit the Earth, and anybody claiming he was so, is verifying themselves as reality-challenged.

Not reality challenged at all, just a mistake. I'm sure you however have never made one by your reaction
Cooper is however the first astronaut to make a second orbit. Good catch, and thanks for correcting me.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

sorry, didn't you write that funny article??

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Not reality challenged at all, just a mistake. I'm sure you however have never made one by your reaction
Cooper is however the first astronaut to make a second orbit. Good catch, and thanks for correcting me.

It does not matter if Mr. Oberg has or not. Making an orbit around the Earth does not grant anyone, even Mr. Cooper, special insight into aliens. It does not make his claims any more valid. You are relying on an appeal-to-authority.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

For information to be knowledge, it would have to be accumulative information from more than just one source. Being told about religion for instance from one person, which is how a child starts into their belief into religion, usually from a family member (I have not told or taught my children about any religion, it will be up to them to choose their own beliefs). This is not knowledge because it is not accumulative information from more than one source, even though the source themselves may have accumulative information, for the individual receiving the information it is not knowledge for them.

Early on I based my beliefs in UFOs being extraterrestrial craft base on very little information that I gleamed from watching a few TV shows on the subject and a few books, where this may have been accumulative information, it was biased and one sided, making it not knowledge, just information. Later I got the information on what to believe based on my involvement with other subjects such as photography, graphics arts with some CGI, and even electronics. There may have been others that I am not thinking of off the top of my head. This new information combined with the previous information allowed me to be knowledgeable enough to know that even though I had my beliefs about UFOs and aliens, there was no proof that I had seen or heard that made it more than just a belief.

I search for the truth so that I may add to my information and perhaps my knowledge of the subject will change as well, but so far I have not seen anything that has swayed that knowledge in the direction of my beliefs yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Canada Admits - America is keeping Advanced Alien Technology Secret from the Public

Paul Hellyer is one of the most vocal (and highest ranking) officials to speak out about the government secrecy surrounding the subject of extraterrestrials.

Hellyer, a former Canadian Minister of Defense, insists the American government, and the governments of the world are fully aware of ET's existence.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten.....

Your inaccuracy is breathtaking.

Canada Admits

Canada does not admit.

You should review the video & provide an appropriately corrected comment.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

It does not matter if Mr. Oberg has or not. Making an orbit around the Earth does not grant anyone, even Mr. Cooper, special insight into aliens. It does not make his claims any more valid. You are relying on an appeal-to-authority.

My interest specifically in Cooper's stories is that, as far as I can tell, I'm the only guy to ever actually take the trouble to check up on the stories. Everybody else just assumed they were true, or worried they were NOT true so avoided checking them.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
[edit on 1-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten.....

Your inaccuracy is breathtaking.

Canada Admits

Canada does not admit.

You should review the video & provide an appropriately corrected comment.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

Would you have the cajonez to get up on that stage and put your life on the line for something you believe in??

[edit on 1-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

My interest specifically in Cooper's stories is that, as far as I can tell, I'm the only guy to ever actually take the trouble to check up on the stories. Everybody else just assumed they were true, or worried they were NOT true so avoided checking them.

JimOberg.....

As you are aware, I've previously reviewed your Cooper material in detail.

As do you, I wish people would stop being disrespectful to Cooper by exaggerating & misrepresenting his claims.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten…..

Posting a video of Greer, the known con artist & hoaxer, is irrelevant to my recommendation that you review the video of Hellyer & correct your post regarding same.

Regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The world does not revolve around your personal opinion.

It may come as a surprise to you but I do not take your recommendations as being worth my time.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten.....

It was not "opinion".....it was fact.

Again.....

Fact 1:

Greer is a known con man & hoaxer.

Fact 2:

You misrepresented Hellyer.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

JimOberg.....

As you are aware, I've previously reviewed your Cooper material in detail.

As do you, I wish people would stop being disrespectful to Cooper by exaggerating & misrepresenting his claims.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

In his book he describes the fleet of ufos to high to approach. So are you trying to tell me that he made it up because he was disgruntled? Just asking or could you provide a link to Jim's research?

[edit on 9/2/2010 by Overtime]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

Overtime.....

That purported sighting couldn't even be narrowed to which continent it occured on. The reports encompassed both Europe & the USA.

However, because that sighting is generally discussed in the context of Europe, let's assume that's where Cooper stated he saw things.

Those supposed spectacular multiple sightings were stated to have occurred when Cooper was flying with other planes.

No other reports of those supposed spectacular multiple sightings could ever be verified by other pilots flying in those areas at that time.

Oberg has covered this in great detail.....it is easily Googled.

You might also find it interesting to review that:

- Cooper did not photograph a UFO during his Gemini mission

- Cooper did not see a UFO at Area 51 & he later backed away from his earlier claims about it

- Cooper started to get into some seriously flaky stuff as he got older

It's actually a little sad to dig into the Cooper UFO material.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Would you have the cajonez to get up on that stage and put your life on the line for something you believe in??

Their lives are not in the least amount of danger.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join