It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

As stated in a previous post I do not believe that the landings were faked, was commenting on the OPs continuing quest to not believe in the moon landings but believe in the supposed alien talk that has not been proven. I do not know how one can be discounted that has videos and pictures and documented proof (I am talking about the moon landings here), and accept the other with no documentation, with pictures and videos (I am talking about the supposed alien sightings by astronauts here).

The UFO seems to be used in conjunction with alien in this thread, which I was also trying to point out is not an accurate thing to do.

The general consensus in this thread is that when an astronaut is talking about a UFO, that it automatically implies an alien craft, which is not the case. I have never heard an astronaut talking about aliens let alone or even aliens where it can be backed up with pictures and videos and other documented proof.

If I am missing some piece of evidence I will admit that I was wrong, but I have not seen anything that has swayed me yet into believing the OT of the OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReturnOfGoukilock
due to all those Videos and Links are Not the astronauts in question taking what they said back

Because the astronauts are not out there taking anything back because there is nothing to take back. Astronauts have spoke of seeing UFOs at various points before and during their careers as astronauts, but none have said claimed to have first-hand knowledge of aliens. There is worlds of difference between what the astronauts are actually saying and what you and others in this thread are putting in their mouth, misquoting and misinterpreting.

MMN and myself have posted links to the full stories these astronauts told, not misquotes and spin. You have ignored this. You have not listened to anything any astronaut has actually said; all you have heard is that an astronaut saw a UFO and you are making assumptions based on that.

But please, prove me wrong. Produce a single quote from a single astronaut, direct and sourced, claiming to have first-hand knowledge of aliens. Not a UFO sighting, not a half-quote misinterpreted and spun, not hearsay and rumor, an actual quote in context. Just one.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
anything that attempts to alleviate the problem or reality one finds oneself in. is a distraction/deception.

if i have the knowledge that you would "instinctive" belief what your reading.
your actually just becoming a slave to knowledge.
you didnt walk the experience. you did not find out the "reality" of it for yourself. you need something to "Satisfy" your needs. so this is where knowledge as information takes over you and you become a slave to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
The UFO seems to be used in conjunction with alien in this thread, which I was also trying to point out is not an accurate thing to do.

The general consensus in this thread is that when an astronaut is talking about a UFO, that it automatically implies an alien craft, which is not the case.

I have been pointing out the same thing. However, many here seem unable to comprehend the difference between UFO and alien.

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I have never heard an astronaut talking about aliens let alone or even aliens where it can be backed up with pictures and videos and other documented proof.

And you won't. No one here can produce anything like that. Instead, they rely on misquoting, misappropriating and misinterpreting what the astronauts said, assuming because an astronaut saw a UFO they therefore saw aliens or think they have first-hand knowledge because of a second-hand anecdote told to them. They seem willing to believe anything about the astronauts, except what the astronauts themselves say about their experiences.

If I am missing some piece of evidence I will admit that I was wrong, but I have not seen anything that has swayed me yet into believing the OT of the OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just a remark: why should fierce defenders of apollo mission use

I believe the Moon flight

so much?
for example, i know 2+2=4, i know Gagarin is first Man in the Space
that's no about Religion, just Logic & Solid Facts

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you
you just concluded this thread the best way
again i couldnt resume it better myself

you have put it all together pointing the obvious to any hardcore skeptik
you have highly contributed to the thread
we have made our point .. so the speculation might turn soon to be a fact will advance a little more in some mind and perhaps some closed mind

YES AGAIN ... WE ... ARE ... NOT .... ALONE ... IN THE UNIVERSE

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Doesnt Dr Edgar Mitchell state in the video posted in this thread during the kerrang interview that he was privelaged enough to be briefed on alien visitation , and he stated that the world governments have been suppressing this information for years?

Furthermore , the astronauts all mention UFO's , they are in space , there certainly wouldnt be any regular aircraft flying around up there.
Unidentified flying objects as well all know when people refer to them , we mean intelligently controlled craft.
Astronauts should be certainly able to tell the difference between a panel from their craft which they are flying in , also discarded modules from the craft they fly in . Hell they could probably build a model exactly of each part of the craft they flew in with their eyes shut . So Im pretty sure they could tell the difference between discarded modules and a UFO .

Furthermore if the UFO's they mentioned werent alien in origin , then they had to be owned by the russians , as they were the only other people we know with space vehicles. Im pretty sure the americans would have known if the russians were observing their space flights from space.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Doesnt Dr Edgar Mitchell state in the video posted in this thread during the kerrang interview that he was privelaged enough to be briefed on alien visitation , and he stated that the world governments have been suppressing this information for years?

That is his belief. He does not claim to have been briefed, not in any official capacity, unless you are using the Steven Greer definition of briefing. Either way, it is anecdote, second-hand information for which he has no proof for.

Furthermore , the astronauts all mention UFO's , they are in space , there certainly wouldnt be any regular aircraft flying around up there.

Just because it is a UFO does not mean it is a craft or anything with any agency whatsoever.

Unidentified flying objects as well all know when people refer to them , we mean intelligently controlled craft.

You do realize what UFO means, right?

Astronauts should be certainly able to tell the difference between a panel from their craft which they are flying in

Actually listen to what the astronauts have to say about those experiences. Don't stop listening after they say "UFO" and fill the rest of the narrative with your own assumptions.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Dr. Mitchell has said many times that ET visits are real and that the government has had contact with them, recovered bodies and technology from crashed UFOs and so on. He's been saying that for a long time, and I've heard other astronauts say the same things over the years.

I bet that most people involved with NASA and the space programs probably believe that, even if they don't all come right out and say it publicly. A lot of them have over the years, though, like Buzz Aldrin and Gordon Cooper.

It's not a big problem for me since I've seen a UFO myself and am convinced it was something ET. It moved way too fast to be any type of conventional aircraft--fast as lightening.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I remember Buzz Aldrin being interviewed once, and he said there were probably aliens on Mars and that they had been there for a long time. He just came out and said it, like it was common knowledge and no big deal.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Dr. Mitchell has said many times that ET visits are real and that the government has had contact with them, recovered bodies and technology from crashed UFOs and so on.

curiously, it's just lies or mental disorder of astronauts??
no one of cosmonauts have said sh!t like that

[edit on 31-8-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I agree. It's better to have 1000's of people studying these pictures in all kinds of ways than leaving it to a few NASA/JPL 'experts'.
TIP: download pics within 12 hours of posting, and then download the same pic a few days later!
During this time, they will try to change/downgrade their pictures, it doesn't happen often, but it happens. NASA techs are human, too (we think) and they make mistakes. It usually takes around 12 hours to find & rectify it-a bit like censoring on Utube

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Yes im aware of the terminology , but if you ask most people on earth what they term a UFO as , what will their answer be ? This is not because of the media or hollywood either.

I did listen to the entire thing, he does sound pretty confident he was briefed , are we to assume that he is just saying he heard it on the grapevine.
This is a scientist and ex astronaut, why would he just make it up, for kicks ?

I didnt make assumptions about what he said , and why cant we assume that UFO's are part of some earth based agency ? There are numerous posts on ats to the origin of UFO's , and most of them from earth based origins.

Anyways I know your pretty annoyed with the way people have taken the statements out of context and continue to misquote or take it out of context.

All I ask you is this , out of all the people on earth , who would you believe the most if they told you about UFO's and aliens actually being real.
Someone who works in space and is/was an astronaut , or someone who works on earth and has never been into space?

Or are you that skeptical that you dont believe in their existance full stop ?

either way its your opinion so , Im just curious

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would say that UFO meaning solely GREY ALIEN is making a leap
It is like saying CREATIONISM = only RELIGION

There ARE other options out there. They might not seem as logical as the conclusion that YOU come to but there ARE indeed other options.

FOR INSTANCE UFO's could be

-Human Time Travelers from the future

-Human Current Technology that we want to keep top secret and would
rather let the rumor of "Alien" escape

-UAV's / Probes that are controlled by some unknown force without anything sentient inside of them

-Actual living beings in the form of robotic/computer advanced life, the ship is the life form

-God looks like a space craft or his angels fly around in them

-Multiple Gods flying around in space ships and that's why there are different types of ships

I WOULD agree that other life forms exploring seems like the most plausible explanation but it is not known to us and it is not the ONLY answer. We are still in the brainstorming stage wondering WTF these sightings are.

The Astronauts are simply claiming to have seen craft that are capable of maneuvers that our technology that is public is unknown to be capable of.

None of these Astronaut witnesses has claimed to have seen an alien personally. Just Unusual Craft.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

so we need to go through a useless Filter to understand what an astronaut said, instead of listening to the astronaut?

No, actually listen to the astronaut has to say, everything the astronaut has to say. You want to misquote the astronauts, only cutting off the astronaut after he says "alien" or "UFO" and nothing more. You do not want the whole story.

Meanwhile, these "Filters" are just normal people, and not as qualified as the astronauts

Your appeal-to-authority aside, the only people trying to act as a filter is you and others in this thread misquoting the astronauts? And despite your continual comments that MMN, IgnoreTheFacts and I are disinformation agents, the only people here spreading disinformation is you and others misquoting the astronauts, attempting to hide the whole story.

When does your shift end?

Are you able to discuss the topic in a mature manner without discussing other members or making digs at them?

As far as Gordon Cooper goes Ive read his book and there is no half quotes with missing info. The fact is the first man to orbit the Earth has seen and firmly believes that we are being visited by et craft. Period.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thank you for your opinion to my questions, way way back on page 13.

These are brave and decorated men. Saying all they can safely tell us.
I guess the "debriefing" process is very entailed for astronauts. That is why not one of them has came right out and said anything definitively. Brainwashing?

Warned off from landing- I lean towards that. There are plenty of sightings of UFOs around the moon, with audio video sync.

So they were forced to fake the landing.

At 3:00 sec. in is dust under the landing pad.

At 6:10 sec. The flag is moving a lot,

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Tribble]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I watched the videos, and they were indeed the ones I remembered. The only time extra-terrestrial craft are mentioned in an opinions as to what the UFO's were.

Astronauts know what the actual definition of UFO are to suppose they meant anything else other than Unidentified Flying Object is just speculation, and even if they did mean anything else it would be speculation on their part as there was no way for them to know for sure what the UFOs were except for the times that they were later identified such in the panels.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun
[You beautifully laid out the post thank you. I personally was having more fun with this post when Ben81 was calling them "astronaults". Anyways there will be a little something in your paycheck!]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
As far as Gordon Cooper goes Ive read his book and there is no half quotes with missing info. The fact is the first man to orbit the Earth has seen and firmly believes that we are being visited by et craft. Period.

So what?

Right there you are misinterpreting him. Sure he may have seen a UFO. Sure he may believe that aliens are visiting the Earth. Nowhere does he claim to have any first-hand, special knowledge. Cooper was clear on this.

Once again, I asked for astronauts making claims of first-hand knowledge about aliens and what I am given is UFO sightings and belief, not knowledge.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
He's been saying that for a long time, and I've heard other astronauts say the same things over the years.

Please provide us with a single astronaut claiming to have first hand knowledge of this, not simply stating personal belief.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join