It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hero and sixth man to walk on the Moon comes clean

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

i think in russia the tech is the same but are less expensive in USA everything is expensive ahah

ahah, my friend, so nice sentence
but ans me, please, what's the Hell for nasa to create family of useful rockets to fly to Earth orbits???
look at this:
www.youtube.com...
sO_ooooooooo successful launch
isn't it those guys who can fly to the Moon??????

[edit on 31-8-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

So you don't think astronauts are trustworthy?

who is then?

and who would be more qualified than an Astronaut to tell us what THEY saw in space?

How are we clouding our Judgment?

and what are you trying to say is not likely?

I guess we should Just trust you then

your more qualified than an astronaut right?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Well I guess it's in your Name

And the Fact That Maybe-Maybe-Not is apparently a friend of yours
(yes I checked your Friends List)

So yall are organized on shifts?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReturnOfGoukilock
So you don't think astronauts are trustworthy?

He did not say they were or that they did not see something in space. The problem is that people like you and others in this thread are misquoting, misinterpreting, or only half-listening to what the astronauts have to say.

And like many others in this thread, you seem more interested in discussing the other members or anything other than the actual topic.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Well Maybe if he was Less Vague About his problem with the subject , instead of just stumbling into the thread with a grumble, I would assume better of him

but He didn't

So I don't

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMegaladon
I don't know where this thread is going, i just want to say that i believe cooper, Mitchell and the others. It is sad people have assassinated the characters of these heroes, just appalling.

Who is assassinating their character?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

And like many others in this thread, you seem more interested in discussing the other members or anything other than the actual topic.

Actually, I've been wondering why people would come into a thread just to trash it, if they don't like a subject, then go to something you like.

I like this subject and think some people try to derail it because that would serve there purpose

Why would I allow that as a supporter of this thread?

and why do people feel the need to push negativity on something they don't agree with

just go somewhere else, why should the OP conform to you?

I don't go to threads that i think are Lame

Because i don't see the point

so...................whats your point?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
You continue to ignore accurate information that I present in thread.

That seems to be the trend in this thread; presented with facts and hard questions, many of the believers participating in this thread did everything to change the subject and ignore the question. It should tell you a lot about the strength of their beliefs and closed-mindedness.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

So

Several Videos have astronauts saying things

we choose to believe these things, I Mean they are F'n Astronauts

but then there is this other party that comes in

and says that we should, what exactly? believe other people, about what they said , as opposed to the people who actually said it?

so we need to go through a useless Filter to understand what an astronaut said, instead of listening to the astronaut?

Meanwhile, these "Filters" are just normal people, and not as qualified as the astronauts

So When does your shift end?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Actually, I've been wondering why people would come into a thread just to trash it, if they don't like a subject, then go to something you like.

Everyone has a right to participate in a thread whether they agree or disagree with the premise. Disagreement with the premise is not "trashing" the thread nor derailing it. This is a discussion forum, meaning topics are discussed, there may be opinions contrary to your own, facts stated and questions asked that challenge your beliefs. This is allowed. It is not a place to find your beliefs and opinions echoed back to you. If you are unable to handle this in a mature, open-minded manner, and calling disagreement "trashing" or "derailing" is not mature or open-minded, then perhaps ATS is not the place for you.

Why would I allow that as a supporter of this thread?

According to the T&C, you are not allowed to discuss other members as you are.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

HAHA you didn't answer the Questions

but you made sure things pointed my way

so Why do we need 3rd party filters? instead of listening to the source when it comes to what these Astronauts said?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So

Several Videos have astronauts saying things

we choose to believe these things, I Mean they are F'n Astronauts

but then there is this other party that comes in

and says that we should, what exactly? believe other people, about what they said , as opposed to the people who actually said it?

so we need to go through a useless Filter to understand what an astronaut said, instead of listening to the astronaut?

Meanwhile, these "Filters" are just normal people, and not as qualified as the astronauts

So When does your shift end?

Moon flight cannot be a mater about any Religious Conceptions, it's just matter about grave facts & logic

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No, actually listen to the astronaut has to say, everything the astronaut has to say. You want to misquote the astronauts, only cutting off the astronaut after he says "alien" or "UFO" and nothing more. You do not want the whole story.

Your appeal-to-authority aside, the only people trying to act as a filter is you and others in this thread misquoting the astronauts? And despite your continual comments that MMN, IgnoreTheFacts and I are disinformation agents, the only people here spreading disinformation is you and others misquoting the astronauts, attempting to hide the whole story.

When does your shift end?

Are you able to discuss the topic in a mature manner without discussing other members or making digs at them?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So then Pull up a film were they say "oh I didn't mean that" or "I take that Back"

oh wait you can't

those films don't exists

I never said yall were agents, but thanks for the idea

and you still Dance around that these ARE there statements

So you have the FULL video bite that says this thread is out of context?

and not just some schmoe re examining what the 1st party said

I want it from THERE mouths

because that is what we have here

THERE WORDS

So prove us wrong with There words

no one else is really qualified to speak for Astronauts otherwise

Just Astronauts

[edit on 31-8-2010 by ReturnOfGoukilock]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

So then Pull up a film were they say "oh I didn't mean that" or "I take that Back"

Films and direct quotes have already been posted in this thread. You have ignored them.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

what a weak answer

due to all those Videos and Links are Not the astronauts in question taking what they said back

Oh and speaking of that

how are all those Speculations (yes )
any different than anyone here

just because you spend time making a pigpen, doesn't mean anyone wants to play in it

So you do have a video of these Astronauts taking back what they said, or correcting themselves?

or our you talking about others speculation on what they said
AGAIN?

I'm pretty sure you don't have that Full Byte either that I mentioned
or you would have busted it out by now

I can't play with you kids anymore, I need a Nap

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
ATS Team:

This thread is another example wherein people will simply not look past the YouTube videos & the like to understand what was really being said by the astronauts & why.

Please do not take this as offensive MMN. I agree with a lot of your posts and find that you are very intelligent and informed in your replies.

However, I always thought that when you mentioned ATS TEAM it was directed at the membership, no sides taken. Now with this one I get the impression that it is meant to not only skeptics but members who would happen to fall on this thread, this is apparently an opinionated statement. And I strongly disagree.

Here is a summary of what I have seen on this thread "from the other side of the fence"...and this will be my final contribution to this thread.

On page 1, Ben started his OP with an article written by Frank Abeu stating Jim Courant as follows:

“A national hero and the sixth man to walk on the moon said that your government and others have been in contact with ET’s for over 67 years.

Source: www.ufodigest.com...

He then introduced a video from Paul Hellyer, ex Canadian Defence Minister, who says " Decades ago, visitors from other planets warned us about where we were and offered to help..."

Then Ben introduced a video of Dan aykroyd being interviewed by Anderson Cooper from CNN. Aykroyd says "They're here. They're looking at us in a petri dish and I've gotta say the way mankind is behaving, they're probably very disappointed."

Then Ben linked " An Alien Interview " in PDF format.

On page 2, Ben linked to a very interesting article regarding UFO sightings from astronauts (with sources if you scroll down to said article).

On page 5, I posted two links (with sources) about astronauts discussing UFOs and I added a video of Gordon Cooper discussing UFOs.

On page 7, Human_Alien posted a video of astronaut Edgar Mitchell discussing UFOs.

On page 11, Wolfenz posted two videos from astronauts discussing UFOs.

On page 16, Rajaten posted two videos of astronaut Gordon Cooper discussing UFOs.

On this same page, I provided a video about aliens from NASA archives.

And there's been more links and videos from ancient aliens to religious art to Von Braun...discussing UFOs and aliens, not on astronauts topic, but worth a read or a watch...

My very honest and conclusive observation of this thread is as follows, and once again, from the mouth of Dan Aykroyd:

“Half the world believes, in the latest polls, and half doesn’t. Those who don’t will never believe. You’re showing them everything and they’re knockin’ it until they’re taken up themselves or the guy walks up and shakes their hand or probes them or whatever they do...”

Sad reality. SonoftheSun...out.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is a lot of off topic talk going on. There is attacking members and what there intentions “may be” going on. Instead of staying on topic and discussing when the astronauts have stated having knowledge of aliens, not just accounts of UFOs, the idea of faked moon landings was brought in.

If the moon landings were indeed faked, how could you take the word of an astronaut talking about aliens, if indeed they did talk about such things, as not more lies?

Then there is asking for proof of the astronauts recanting something they have not been proven to say. They did not say anything about aliens in voice recordings and videos; they said UFOs which is not the same thing.

This could be an interesting debate, if there was not all of this side talk going on distracting from the OT.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Well...we can eliminate one aspect of "debate" rather easily:

the moon landings were indeed faked....

Since they WEREN'T, then scratch that off the table.

NOW, you can get down to the veracity of any Astronaut's recollections RE: so-called "UFO"s.

(Suggestion: The acronym is TOO vague, since anything flying but not "identified" usually can qualify under that definition. You might want ot be specific, and use terms such as non-terrestrial spacecraft. or something similar).

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join