It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheist PR Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

That's a good one . With the Cathedral Square in the centre of Town and the old university near by ( now the Arts Centre ) the original design of Christchurch certainly reflected Victorian era values .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just an open invitation to any Christians popping by: Any questions you would like to ask the Atheists on here? I'm sure we'll all have slightly different answers and we wouldn't be shy.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Just an open invitation to any Christians popping by: Any questions you would like to ask the Atheists on here? I'm sure we'll all have slightly different answers and we wouldn't be shy.

Yes. I consider myself an Atheist because I do not believe in any god - - in the religious sense. Which also excludes me from being a Deist.

I do believe everything is energy and created from thought energy. I consider it science. I do not consider energy consciousness a god - in any way shape or form. An energy intelligence - - because of science. Not a god.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
One of the problems I have with religion is this:

• It is believed Hitler is responsible for between 11 & 17 million peoples deaths during the Holocaust.
  • It is estimated that >100 million have died in the name of Jesus.

The reality of it is that Christians alone are responsible for more approx 10x's more deaths than Hitler. When you look at all of the religions in the world and the number of people that have died in the name of their god, the numbers are staggering.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Seems to be a little bit more misunderstanding of atheism on here as of late. Fellow atheists, anything you'd like to say to clear up some misconceptions that the theistic community might have about you?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I would like to clear up something, I often see people calling atheists elitists etc.

I'm an atheist.
Amongst my peers I'm considered strongly opinionated, intellectually domineering, passionate about what I believe in and occasionally arrogant. I am also exetremely friendly, compassionate, generous, always prepared to listen and loyal.

However this has nothing to do with the fact that I am atheist, it has to do with the fact that I am a human, with the full range of human emotion and experience that has shaped my personality.

I see these traits in religio's as well.

So I would like to say, please don't assume that any of these things has to do with the fact I don't believe in a god, they are just my flaws and strengths as a human.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

Very good point you made there, we're all human. There are people of all sorts on both sides.

Now, this is actually great that you brought it up because I have a quote from another thread.

Originally posted by mrvdreamknight
And an interesting observation, which you two definitely fit the bill for, is that atheist and evolutionists as a whole seem very not happy. While creationist seem very happy. Just saying.

It's a common misconception that there's a general demeanor about people who are nonreligious, and it seems to be because many people think that their religion is a great source of joy for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by izero

Very good point you made there, we're all human. There are people of all sorts on both sides.

Now, this is actually great that you brought it up because I have a quote from another thread.

Originally posted by mrvdreamknight
And an interesting observation, which you two definitely fit the bill for, is that atheist and evolutionists as a whole seem very not happy. While creationist seem very happy. Just saying.

It's a common misconception that there's a general demeanor about people who are nonreligious, and it seems to be because many people think that their religion is a great source of joy for them.

What do you know? I'm being quoted now.

But let's try to get it right.

Since, I wrote it, let me tell you specifically that the very few atheists I know personally, whether in college or professionally, are not very happy people. Not one of them.

So, while it may be a 'misconception' by others, it is a fact in my case.

Now please do not accuse me of lying; or making up people; like you did in another thread, because I will ignore you as I did then. But as I was told to do by the mod - this time I will report you too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join