It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out Facebook Places, two overseas companies tout next-gen physical tie-ins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Look out Facebook Places, two overseas companies tout next-gen physical tie-ins

www.sfgate.com

In Israel, a teen resort park called Coca-Cola Village this summer placed actual Facebook Like tags on various activities around the facility, such as at the swimming pool or games. And each guest received a bracelet with an RFID chip programmed with their Facebook accounts and password.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Is it me or is it the fact that why is so much emphasis placed on should i say forced upon you the consumer to inform anyone and everyone of what your social circle or habits revolve around.

I guess and this is directed to the younger members by age of ats and not only, that this form of so called social experience is to become a natural part of life in or about 20 years time. Well we are indeed and judging by the article entering into a new spectrum of human evolution that will not allow individuality as a preference.

www.sfgate.com

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is the children that grew up with the hovercraft parents where going outside was an activity. They can use all the instant gratification they can get. With sites like Yelp and such it has gotten interesting to see the threshold of the release of personal information.

Reminds me of a talk on TED about the merging of social games and real life.

www.ted.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Is it me or is it the fact that why is so much emphasis placed on should i say forced upon you the consumer to inform anyone and everyone of what your social circle or habits revolve around.

I guess and this is directed to the younger members by age of ats and not only, that this form of so called social experience is to become a natural part of life in or about 20 years time. Well we are indeed and judging by the article entering into a new spectrum of human evolution that will not allow individuality as a preference.

www.sfgate.com

I don't think it's forced. In a sense internet celebrity drives this. People think others actually care where they do. The companies care yes and they are using that data to make money, but you and me. We don't care. I see it as a service people want. Now, why they want everyone and their mother knowing where they go...I don't know, but whatever.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
We all talk about the future Big Brother society where all our movements will be tracked by the government, but this just proves that the government does not need to do anything except pay a few Celebrities to promote things like this (or other such monitoring sites), and the sheep will glady report themselves.

I do have a Facebook account and am happy to use it so I can at least keep in touch with my current friends or locate the long lost ones. I don't update it everytime I use the bathroom.
There is some info about me there, just enough - after all, it's the modern day equivalent of a telephone directory (which was printed on paper! *gasp*).

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
We all talk about the future Big Brother society where all our movements will be tracked by the government, but this just proves that the government does not need to do anything except pay a few Celebrities to promote things like this (or other such monitoring sites), and the sheep will glady report themselves.

I do have a Facebook account and am happy to use it so I can at least keep in touch with my current friends or locate the long lost ones. I don't update it everytime I use the bathroom.
There is some info about me there, just enough - after all, it's the modern day equivalent of a telephone directory (which was printed on paper! *gasp*).

Indeed, the majority let alone those who assume awareness are the prime victims, its a pattern well established and accepted. Its those individual's who simply will not comply that create a headache. Then again, it is obvious as to the reason

"Divide and Conquer"

top topics

join