It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama says Iraq war 'ending'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think the motive for this happening now, as opposed to any other time, is in hopes that his party will not lose seats come November elections. I feel this should have happened some time ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Everyone knows we are never leaving Iraq. IT doesn't matter what the President states.

WE HAVE TROOPS AND MILITARY BASES ALL AROUND THE WORLD. We are everywhere and that is part of the problem.

Obama is taking the advice of military leaders and those around him. He isn't making these decisions on his own...although I know that you all love to pin this on him.

Quite frankly, I don't know how I would handle this if I were President either. I'd want to pull all the troops out YESTERDAY...but wanting it and getting it done are 2 entirely different things.

If you are sitting in a meeting and everyone else is telling you that something has to be doen a certain way...and you don't personally have the knowledge of that subject...you will most likely TAKE THEIR ADVICE.

Anyway, Iraq isn't what is going to hurt Obama. It wasn't "his" war. Afghanistan is his war....and that will be his failure.

We can't afford another 10 years of war....and if all the conservatives were so GD'd worried about the FRICKIN DEFICIT....THEY'D BE PROTESTING THIS COSTLY, ENDLESS WAR.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They just need to stick aroung long enough, and have enough influence, that Iraq won't have the power vacuum that occurred after Russia left Afghanistan

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJE03
I think the motive for this happening now, as opposed to any other time, is in hopes that his party will not lose seats come November elections. I feel this should have happened some time ago.

Point taken, as long as you understand this was a date set before the election, nearly two years ago.

But yes, politics, to be sure.

Originally posted by David9176
Everyone knows we are never leaving Iraq. IT doesn't matter what the President states.

WE HAVE TROOPS AND MILITARY BASES ALL AROUND THE WORLD. We are everywhere and that is part of the problem.

Obama is taking the advice of military leaders and those around him. He isn't making these decisions on his own...although I know that you all love to pin this on him.

If you are sitting in a meeting and everyone else is telling you that something has to be doen a certain way...and you don't personally have the knowledge of that subject...you will most likely TAKE THEIR ADVICE.

Anyway, Iraq isn't what is going to hurt Obama. It wasn't "his" war. Afghanistan is his war....and that will be his failure.

We can't afford another 10 years of war....and if all the conservatives were so GD'd worried about the FRICKIN DEFICIT....THEY'D BE PROTESTING THIS COSTLY, ENDLESS WAR.

I agree with you one hundred percent. Obama was 'jammed' by military leaders on Afghanistan, and he will be on Iraq, too.

Afghanistan is going to be tricky, because even though Obama had his military leaders promise a specific timeline on Afghanistan, they are already trying to get out of that agreement by introducing new troops slower than needed, and then removing them slower than needed, extending the timeline of the war for far longer than Obama had hope, or anyone sane would hope.

He, and any other President who would like to bring home the troops is in a VERY difficult position of having to deal with a deeply-embedded military industrial complex that will aggressively go after anyone who might reign on that cash cow even a little.

And then we have the Republicans on the right pretending like they have been against the Iraq war all along...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

He, and any other President who would like to bring home the troops is in a VERY difficult position of having to deal with a deeply-embedded military industrial complex that will aggressively go after anyone who might reign on that cash cow even a little.

And then we have the Republicans on the right pretending like they have been against the Iraq war all along...

Precisely, and this time next year we will be involved in another war with Iran. The propaganda machine is in high gear ratcheting up hate against Muslims, to be eventually directed to Iran. After the Nov. elections when the neocons return to power expect a media blitz of militarism, flag waving and a 911 style event to start the process leading to war. Will the citizenry be fooled once again? Probably.

edit on 11-9-2010 by whaaa because: grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yes ,the Iraq war is ended now,but how about the Iraqis ,who can end their miserable life caused by the war?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join