It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama says Iraq war 'ending'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Troop withdrawel is it for 2012 or NWO

www.perthnow.com.au

THREE days before the official end of the US combat mission in Iraq, US President Barack Obama says that the war in the country was "ending'' and called Iraq a "sovereign'' nation free to determine its own destiny.
"On Tuesday, after more than seven years, the United States of America will end its combat mission in Iraq and take an important step forward in responsibly ending the Iraq war,'' Obama said in his weekly radio address.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.oneworldtrust.org

MOD NOTE: Edited title to properly reflect the article title, per the ATS Breaking Alternative News Guidelines.

edit on by TheBorg because: edited title.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi guys first thread here unsure if this has already been suggested. Well here goes well the U.S is going to be pulling out troops now is so they have troops there to control the population. So if the U.S is going to be withdrawing it means all other countries will follow suit. This date just feel a little bit to much of a coincidence which is something I don't believe in only things happen for a reason. Also another thing I will throw out there does anyone believe the NWO has already formed and is called the U.N just waiting for when they should make their first move they already have a say on what your children are taught that part is UNESCO. another link on these thoughts are below let me know what you guys think.

www.perthnow.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

All I can say is I trust no government is the world.

I am coming close to not trusting anyone or anything, except animals who just follow their instincts.

I am coming closer to loving misunderstood and hated snakes than to trusting people.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Well done for your first thread vkturbo S&F

You have a very valid point regarding the troops relocating to there member countries, But i think there could be a sting in the tail for the veterans returning home. There is speculation regarding large scale payoffs in the British Army rumoured up to be 25% of manning levels, So a handy way to clear out any "Old N Bold" patriotic soldiers. IMO...

There would be fresh intake of soldiers under training to "template" them into a modern "internal security" outfits.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

What he actually means is now no more American soldiers will be staying in Iraq after completely ruining it, their job is done. Now for coming many years Iraqi's will kill each other and multi-corporations will loot profit out of the ashes of Iraq.

Hell Yeah America !! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Didn't Bush Jnr say the same thing way back in 2004? Or was it 2005...either way, it was declared a done deal over half a decade ago...so...who's lying then?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
what good it is if one war is ending and another one begins?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the interest but I just find this to be a bit fishy does anyone else share the idea that the U.N is the NWO I need to do alot more research on this matter i feel this is only the top of the iceburg so to speak.
Just the fact that the U.N decides what kids learn is a bit of a worry. It's like over in China Tienamin Square didn't happen it was blanked out of the media and not taught in history even things they believe cause those students to riot has been taken out of teaching. It's also been done with science and god knows what else. I think everyone has the right sort of info but not the whole facts i don't think i do but i think i will try and make a very good case for what i think.

I don't think that the America went there to cause a huge rift I think it became harder than what they thaught and with something maybe coming over the horizon need to cut their losses. Unless with too much civil unrest in the country the U.N might end up taking control I don't think the U.N is a colourful as they portray to be.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Thanks for the S&F with you talking about troops levels pretty sure in that link that i posted that they say members of it only need enough troops to handle their own population so if 25% did go it doesn't matter. Also how do we know the troops they let go aren't the ones that can say the WMD debacle was a fraud and that the payoffs didn't come with a contract to sign stating anything said about this that is found to come from you causes you to lose all benifets and maybe even your life. We all know to control the population easily you use fear or money combine both and you can get whatever you want just another thought.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have got a feeling this will be Obama's "Mission Accomplished" moment. Iran is heavily involved in the local politics in Iraq and the Kurds want an autonomous state. Don't think for a minute that Iran doesn't want a little payback for the Iran-Iraq war. This has got "clusterf***" written all over it.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

All preparations for the war in iran, as for the obama claiming that war in iraq is over, nothing more then mirrors.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Didn't Bush Jnr say the same thing way back in 2004? Or was it 2005...either way, it was declared a done deal over half a decade ago...so...who's lying then?

the, the MAJOR difference is Obama has NOT claimed any sort of "Mission" to be accomplished. Also, he actually REMOVED TROOPS, instead of just wearing a cod piece and hanging a banner.

That said, i dont think the US presence in Iraq is going away anytime soon.

we have MAJOR bases there, meant to stand for a century.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It is a long way from being over... Place bets that all hell busts loose there within 90 days after the obammy clown gets the last of combat soldiers out...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

After the conservatives regain power in Nov. the war will rachet up to even bigger levels. All this Muslim/Arab/Islamic hate rhetoric has to find an outlet.
The GOP and their warmachine campaign contributors and lobbyists are not about to let this cash cow run away.

I expect to see a resumption of the draft all wrapped up in red, white, and blue, and a new war somewhere. The Zionists will determine where the US will fight next.

Apparently Obama is as allied with the warmongers as much as the GOP/neocons and their PNAC.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
I have got a feeling this will be Obama's "Mission Accomplished" moment. Iran is heavily involved in the local politics in Iraq and the Kurds want an autonomous state. Don't think for a minute that Iran doesn't want a little payback for the Iran-Iraq war. This has got "clusterf***" written all over it.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by djvexd]

That's what I was also thinking.

The question is where will obama hang his "mission accomplished" banner since obama hates the military (and the feeling seems to be sort of mutual)?

This explains everything regarding the president and the military ...

[edit on 8/30/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This will go in one of two ways.

1. A bloody civil war will break out in Iraq.

2. The US will just keep bombing the crap of iraq and killing innocent people with their drones from the US.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What we are doing is we're withdrawing "combat" troops and leaving "combat operations" but we're going to still have a large number of troops on the ground for "advising, training and policing" of the Iraqi forces indefinitely, just like we have in Korea. Korea was 60 years ago and yet we're still there and that was an undeclared war. So yeah, we're staying no matter what the demogogy from the current residents of power try to tell you.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
What we are doing is we're withdrawing "combat" troops and leaving "combat operations" but we're going to still have a large number of troops on the ground for "advising, training and policing" of the Iraqi forces indefinitely, just like we have in Korea. Korea was 60 years ago and yet we're still there and that was an undeclared war. So yeah, we're staying no matter what the demogogy from the current residents of power try to tell you.

Yes.

There was a Drudge article I think last week that said combat units were just being "renamed" to something that didn't have the word "combat" in their name so obama could say combat operations are "over". Same combat soldiers and their combat equipment are still in iraq.

Which president is the liar now?

[edit on 8/30/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

The question is where will obama hang his "mission accomplished" banner since obama hates the military (and the feeling seems to be sort of mutual)?

Yep, no hubris there.

Nope, not at all.

It's cute to watch the Republicans slum it as 'independents'. Especially when they do it SO poorly.

It's like they just recycle people's complaints about bush, but substitute Obama's name, even if it doesnt apply AT ALL.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

There was a Drudge article I think last week that said combat units were just being "renamed" to something that didn't have the word "combat" in their name so obama could say combat operations are "over". Same combat soldiers and their combat equipment are still in iraq.

Show me the article. Combat troops (tropps there specifically for the purpose of 'combat operations') have indeed been removed, although no one is hiding the fact there are another 50k there for 'support'.

The fact that you clearly dont know the difference, or what 'combat troops' are only shows your ignorance on the topic and your eagerness to spew partisan bile.

Which president is the liar now?

The one who told us Iraq had 'wmd's' and constantly implied Iraq was connected to 9-11. The one who said this was not a war of 'nation building' and that the war was over years ago.

Golly, you pretend-a-cons have a short memory. Maybe amneisa-con is a better term!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join