It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From Scotland (and can you help)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just realised the photo you linked is the same one I did. No that image has not been cropped (the visible image you see) the space around it has been cropped away though yes.

If it is space maggots then they're absolutely huge

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Finally the reason we didn't post any background references is simply because there was more interesting stuff happening in the sky, we thought it would be best just to look at that. This coupled with the fact we're not aware of any protocol regarding UFO photos because we've never taken them and didn't know such rigorous checks & balances were set in place.

Seriously though, this stuff was happening directly above us, straight up in the sky, it wasn't happening in earth or earth's atmosphere, this was in what appeared to be space. So it was impossible to get any pastoral or structural reference points.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by solipsism]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhatchet
These look like soap bubbles photographed in the night...

Maybe they aren't but that's what they look like to me.

and you sound like someone who has no concept of what soap bubbles filmed at night look like..,..

maybe you're not but that's what it sounds like to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by solipsism
I'll try and respond as best I can. You have posted a lot, so I'll do my best
(CHRLZ I mean)

Me? Post a lot? Never!!
Thanks for weathering the storm..!

I first thought it was the 17th and 24th of August, but I now believe it to be the 13th and 20th. I know it was a Friday night on each occasion that we seen it.

Furthermore I've checked Youtube for videos of UFO sightings in August over Europe and yes there are quite a few videos documenting this.

Can you give examples?

Regarding the cropping, yes images have in fact been cropped, that was my mistake. I thought you mean had actual images been cropped out, or parts of images. Then the answer to that is no. But because the RAW files were so big and he had to zoom so much, then there's a lot of the night sky cropped out of the images, mainly empty space. None of the actual images in the photos have been cropped.

The important thing here is that if you want help analysing images, *any* cropping needs to be declared.

I've spoken with my friend and he's willing to post one RAW file for people to check out. He doesn't want to post them all as they are the original files and the proof that they are his.

Obviously it's up to your friend, but my choice would be to see the space maggot one.. (sorry, I shouldn't be flippant!)

The reason I didn't video it was simply because my video camera isn't good enough

I was meaning your friend - does his Pentax not do video? (some do, some don't, so if you name the camera..)

No we didn't see the images at those sizes. From the naked eye we were simply seeing lights move in extremely unnatural fashions.

This is a key issue! It means we must consider the possibility that at least some of the unusual appearance is due to optical effects (eg bright lights out-of-focus, or post-processing, or sensor noise and jpeg artefacts that have become visible because of the amount of enlargement).

The biggest objects/lights we could see with the naked eye are the images we have on here albeit zoomed in. The other lights i seen moved far too fast to photograph, they flew at extremely high speeds, stopped dead, turned on a 90 degree angle then shot back off in the direction they came from. i seen this happening on at least 4 occasions.

Oh, for some video....

You can clearly see stars in the foreground of the image.

They look much more like sensor hot pixels to me. Bear in mind that we can verify whether they are stars or not, by knowing which direction you were looking, and knowing the magnification (which is why the zoom/cropping issue is important). Us astronomers have some quite awesome tools to play with, including systems that can identify stars from the pattern they make in an image...

I'm sorry that you obviously think this is a hoax but I really have nothing to prove.

I have not said it was a hoax. I think it may be a case of a little exaggeration combined with misidentification, and a bit too much trust in what you see on a camera's LCD display, and/or after seeing the highly magnified and over-processed results. It is very easy to get carried away and your brain is very clever at filling in gaps to make your 'memory' match evidence that arrives *after* an event.

If people don't believe me then that's their choice. As stated previously I've no reason or desire to start a hoax about UFOs. For a start it's been done to death and there can't be much mileage in it these days.

You're not wrong! But I would invite you to keep watching, post the raw files, ask your friend if he can video stuff on his Pentax, or beg borrow or steal a decent (pref manual-focus-able) video camera and learn how to operate it at night, eg www.abovetopsecret.com....

Maybe something interesting is happening thereabouts, but what has been posted so far is a bit unconvincing - so I'd like to see more and better evidence.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi again,

Sorry for the late reply. I'll try and answer once again

Here's some video links of UFOs over Europe around the same dates. I can't vouch for the validity of these videos
But some of them at least seem to resemble what I was seeing. These are in the order i found them and not order of preference.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There's actually tons more videos from the same timescale but I don't want to link them all.

OK I'll ask him for the space maggot one

I think his camera does do video though he's a photographer and likes taking photos. I was also trying to film stuff at the time but the film was just black sky as the zoom wasn't good enough.

I seen the images before processing and very little processing has been done to them. The bluish ones at the top of the thread have had no processing (except for zoom). Some of the others have had their contrast adjusted to bring out the colour of the objects but the colours have not been changed, only accentuated.

Well I spent Friday evening there looking again and didn't see zip unfortunately. A Friday sadly is the only night I can see with any clarity as I'm in glasgow during the week and the light pollution is too much.

Hope this helps a bit!

edit - please note that I've only included sightings from Europe, though these events were high enough to have been visible from any point in the Northern Hemisphere and there were in fact lots of videos from China and elsewhere with the same dates and similar appearance.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by solipsism]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've spoken with my friend again and he said he'll send you 4 or 5 of the RAW files to have a look at if you like. Just pick which ones you'd like to see. He's as keen to find an explanation earthly or otherwise as I am

If you'd like to PM me a contact email address I will get it sorted out.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

oops sorry about that...I really do just want some answers though

If everyone thinks it's a hoax I'll happily pee off.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by solipsism]

That is understandable. If you know these aren't a hoax and you just want answers, ignore the ones who give you grief.

I don't know what you have but they are interesting picture of who knows what. I am not a photo person but I am sure other members will have some suggestions on here.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

oops sorry about that...I really do just want some answers though

If everyone thinks it's a hoax I'll happily pee off.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by solipsism]

That is understandable. If you know these aren't a hoax and you just want answers, ignore the ones who give you grief.

I don't know what you have but they are interesting picture of who knows what. I am not a photo person but I am sure other members will have some suggestions on here.

thanks for the input
I'm honestly as skeptical as the next guy but what we witnessed on both those nights went on for hours and I've never seen anything at all like it. The real hoax here in my opinion is Governments saying stuff like this doesn't happen or isn't worth investigating. Because I can't understand any government not wanting to investigate such weird stuff over their skies and if we could see it with the naked eye, then god only knows what sort of view they could get.

I'm the first to admit that the photos do seem bizarre, but we only photographed what we seen happening as it was happening. So calls of hoax are water off a duck's back
And if the camera has in some way distorted the contour of the images, I still know that these things were doing stuff high up in the sky that under normal circumstances should not have been happening.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
they look like the glow in the dark bracelets and rings my sister buys at the fair and dollar store.

2nd verse same as the first.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

..I still know that these things were doing stuff high up in the sky that under normal circumstances should not have been happening.

Sol, what I hope you take away from this is a determination to now capture that! If your friend is willing to assist, I'm happy to help with some techniques and suggestions on how to do some kick ass videography.. (need to know what model camera he has, but I imagine I will shortly..
)

About all you need is a decent camera (and I'm hoping your friend's is) and a tripod. Although there are even ways to get around that, if we must..

You might be interested to look at this thread, where this sort of thing is being discussed:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ok that's mostly about the equipment, but the point is that there are folk here (modest cough) who can help you get the proverbial (and very rare) 'good footage'..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I've spoken with my friend again and he said he'll send you 4 or 5 of the RAW files to have a look at if you like. Just pick which ones you'd like to see. He's as keen to find an explanation earthly or otherwise as I am

If you'd like to PM me a contact email address I will get it sorted out.

.. did that, now I'm ever so patiently waiting...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hi - Do you think it could possibly be a lazor light show projection from some event taking place on the said Fridays.
I know there are such things as I witnessed a similar thing in the 1980s on a dark clear night whilst in the Algarve/Portugal.
The lights I witnessed were from a rave type party happening some 15 or so miles away. At first I was gob smackedand very puzzled.
However some cloud cover came over it was more easy to distinguish pattern and shape.
One point I would like to make is that the lights you saw were probably in front of the stars ie nearer you and that any stars you saw would show through. If this light/s were behind the stars then it would mean they were light years away and massive.
I am thinking that light such as lazor light shows project and move upon any veil oF cloud no matter how thin ie Stars do shine through thin cloud. Hope this help and good luck in getting to the bottom of this mystery - By the way I love Scotland and the west coast and get there whenever I can.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Any updates on this thread?
Were the images verified?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join