It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From Scotland (and can you help)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi,

here's some photos we took on the 17th of August and again on the 24th of August in South-West Scotland from my back garden. I've been searching online since we took them to find something that sort of resembled the images we got. These videos that I found via youtube are what I think is the closest to what we're seeing.

If anyone has any ideas on these photos, please share them

These objects were very high up in the sky and the scale of them was huge. They were accompanied by ultra-high speed balls of light that do a 90 degree turn instantenously then shoot off back in the other direction. There was also a huge and I mean huge what appeared to be diamond or pyramid, of which only the outlines could be made out, but it was so vast we couldn't photo it. Again any info on that either would be appreciated.

All these images are available as raw files and there's also about 50 more of them if anyone would like to see more.

cheers

p.s I'd originally posted these in a reply to another thread, so below I've put my responses to their queries on the images in replies to this

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hi can you tell me what you mean by technical specs, the raw files are 15mb in size and they were taken with a pentax. If you could elaborate on what you mean by this I will get the info.

"edit" actually the jpgs are 15 mb, the original ones. I don't know what size the raw files are, if they are bigger or 15mb also.

cheers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hi,

There's nothing to bite to, I feel stupid for posting them on this thread as I hadn't read through the thread before posting. It was only after posting the images that I read through it and seen about this guy being a hoaxer.

I searched his name after seeing a video by someone called Gridkeeper on youtube last night and I found this thread and that's the only reason I posted them on here. I'd actually wanted to post them on my own thread but I needed to have 20 replies to other threads before I could do that.

It was my friend who took the pics with his camera, none of the images are cropped, though he did obviously zoom in on the images as he was taking them, but by how much magnification I don't know. Some of the images have had their contrast increased to bring out the colours but not all. The bluish ones near the top have had nothing done to them i think. No colouring has been changed, nothing has been added or removed from any of the images.

I know it doesn't go for much but I was seeing the images as he was taking them and I've no reason to try and con people. We're honestly looking for answers more than anything else. It was actually my 4 year old daughter who first noticed the strange lights on the first night we took photos, she ran in the house to tell me and I went out to see and couldn't believe what I was seeing so called my friend to come round and take some photos. I've looked at the sky for years and never seen anything that couldn't be explained. So I genuinely just want answers.

So far someone has told me it's a bug on the lense and that it's a swarm of African bugs blew in from the Atlantic, both of which were ridiculous.

Finally I don't really care if people believe me, i just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on it. I will call my friend today to get some more detailed info on the technical specifications of the photos.

cheers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by solipsism

A video showing the surroundings would have been more conclusive..

With zero background to be seem, I call hoax...

Maybe others will say different..

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

A video showing the surroundings would have been more conclusive..

With zero background to be seem, I call hoax...

Maybe others will say different..

I tried to video it with my flip camera but all I got was a black screen, you can't zoom very far with a flip. We're not active UFO hunters, my friend normally photographs bands at gigs and I normally photograph flowers and trees (just for myself).

What do you mean by surroundings anyway, we were in my back garden? All there is in the garden is a 20 foot high wall on 3 sides and a 6 foot high wooden fence on the other and it's all concrete slabs. On the fence side is the local corner shop and the walled sides lead to other houses. It's in the countryside so there's not a lot of light pollution.

p.s I've far more important things to do with my time that set up hoaxes on the internet. All I really want is some answers or someone to point me in the right direction.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by solipsism]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Solipsism.....

No, no, no.....don't post the photos!

I didn't mean you should do that!

You can't do that here!

Just say "hi!".

Oh dear.....what have I done

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
oops sorry about that...I really do just want some answers though

If everyone thinks it's a hoax I'll happily pee off.

Here is a link to all the photos on my friend's facebook page.

"link deleted"

If a moderator needs to edit my posts and delete those images, I will apologise in advance.

cheers

"edit" it appears I can't post that facebook link

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

All I mean is something in the background to give us some perspective..

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

lol, I think your mentoring days are numbered,

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
there was nothing in the background except for the night sky and it was an unbelievably clear night (the first night anyway, the 2nd night there were some light clouds) the clearest night I can remember for a while.

I've honestly no reason to start a hoax and if I hadn't seen him taking the pics and seen the stuff in the sky myself I would be extremely dubious about them. My friend is more of a skeptic than I am and he couldn't believe them either. I will be honest and admit that I would like to believe they were something other-worldly, though my friend is quite sure we'll find a rational explanation somewhere down the line. That's why I came on here looking for answers.

I've looked at this forum often over the years and I know that the vast majority of people on here are rightly very skeptical about stuff, blind belief is no good to anyone. That's the reason I posted them on this forum rather than somewhere people would be more likely to just accept them carte blanche. I wanted some serious explanations, rather than fanciful ones. And I also posted them with the absolute conviction that I seen it happening and that's why I'm pretty impervious to hoax calls on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I think it's hilarious that your name is solipsism but you start by asking for our help

I don't know what the things are, but welcome to the site! There's a certain group of people who label ANYTHING in the sky that's unidentified as "Chinese lanterns" - you may wanna check out a few videos of those.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Solipsism.....

When you get to 20 posts, I don't mind trying to help you with the thread.

You'll need detailed commentary, images with EXIF data, etc...

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

lol, I think your mentoring days are numbered,

CynicalM.....

Quite!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I think it's hilarious that your name is solipsism but you start by asking for our help

I don't know what the things are, but welcome to the site! There's a certain group of people who label ANYTHING in the sky that's unidentified as "Chinese lanterns" - you may wanna check out a few videos of those.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Thermo Klein]

Hi,

I've checked out chinese lanterns already and I don't believe that's what we were seeing.

p.s my name is really craig, I often use the name solipsism more because I don't care what other people think, rather than postulating that I may be the only sentient being
So it's more an expression of how I feel about things, rather than a love of the theory itself.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Solipsism.....

When you get to 20 posts, I don't mind trying to help you with the thread.

You'll need detailed commentary, images with EXIF data, etc...

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

cool that would be great, I will get the technical info from my friend today...it's 7.50am here at the minute and he won't be happy if I call him now

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thanks for moving my thread whoever did it, much appreciated

I will post as much technical specifications as I can today once I've spoken to my friend. I don't have the raw images myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately I just found out that's he's taking photos of a band today at a gig in North England, so it will probably be tomorrow now that I get this information
Sorry about that, but I will be back with it

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Just to repeat my comments, edited a little, from the other thread..

It was my friend who took the pics with his camera, none of the images are cropped, though he did obviously zoom in on the images as he was taking them, but by how much magnification I don't know.

Is it possible you misheard him? There are some images there that look VERY much like they are heavily cropped. If not, there is either something horribly wrong with that camera, or he did indeed capture something extraordinary. Eg, if this:
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
isn't cropped, I'll be a tad surprised... That was really what the scene looked like??? Space maggots?

Some of the images have had their contrast increased to bring out the colours but not all.

Hmm. I'm afraid I have my doubts - but the RAW images, if supplied, will prove it one way or tuther.

I know it doesn't go for much but I was seeing the images as he was taking them and I've no reason to try and con people.

Well, it does count for something, but if you truly saw those images as presented, surely there were other reports that night? Again, I draw your attention to the one I picked - you really saw that, at that size?

Are there any corroborating reports about this, any news items, anything whatsoever?

Importantly, did the images on the camera MATCH what you were actually seeing, or did you just assume that what was on the camera screen was an accurate, zoomed-in version of what you saw?

The technical issues are ones like:
- what camera & lens?
- what settings? (ie mode, aperture, shutter, ISO, W/B, sat/con, NR, AF, zoom)
- was it on a tripod?
- date, time, location, direction
- what made you go out again a week later? Are you claiming you see these regularly? If so, why don't you get a tripod and do it properly?

Those images are missing any 'exif' data, so they have been edited in a away that removes useful evidence. By seeing the raw files (even the original jpegs would be far better, but raw files are preferred) we can examine the exif, and find out/verify some of those technical details. If the image has been cropped or adjusted, all will be revealed. That's why I asked for the RAW files. Especially for that one I have linked. If he/you post nothing else, just the original JPEG *and* raw file for that one would be a start. There are plenty of free file-sharing sites, or you can perhaps use U2U to talk to someone you are willing to trust here, and email them the files.

As it is, I'm afraid that you have just posted some images that look like over-saturated, over-enlarged, out of focus blobs taken using a camera hand-held over several seconds, pointed at street/shop lights. Sorry to be harsh, but there it is...

By the way, pretty much any camera these days will happily render some of the background (especially in suburbia) at night. Where is the background in these images? Why didn't he point the camera down to show streetlights, your back fence lit up softly by your kitchen light, anything? It sounds like he knows cameras, so surely it would occur to him that if you just show blurry blobs with no background, then those blobs could be anything.

And depending on the camera, why no video?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
These look like soap bubbles photographed in the night...

Maybe they aren't but that's what they look like to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hi,

I'll try and respond as best I can. You have posted a lot, so I'll do my best
(CHRLZ I mean)

Firstly there are many other reports of UFOs over Europe in the same timescale as these photos were taken. There's actually a thread on this site about sighting over Utrecht and Amsterdam in Holland and I posted on that thread saying that I believed this was the same event. That thread states that it happened on 2 occasions and so did this. I first thought it was the 17th and 24th of August, but I now believe it to be the 13th and 20th. I know it was a Friday night on each occasion that we seen it.

Furthermore I've checked Youtube for videos of UFO sightings in August over Europe and yes there are quite a few videos documenting this.

Regarding the cropping, yes images have in fact been cropped, that was my mistake. I thought you mean had actual images been cropped out, or parts of images. Then the answer to that is no. But because the RAW files were so big and he had to zoom so much, then there's a lot of the night sky cropped out of the images, mainly empty space. None of the actual images in the photos have been cropped.

I've spoken with my friend and he's willing to post one RAW file for people to check out. He doesn't want to post them all as they are the original files and the proof that they are his.

I've only seen these twice on two consecutive Fridays in August. The reason I looked the first night was because my daughter spotted them and came running into the house shouting about the lights in the sky moving.

The following week was just a coincidence that I noticed it, though the 2nd event was much more prominent than the first. We only go to our house in Ayrshire (where we took the photos from) once a week on a Friday, the rest of the week we live in Glasgow. As it's in the countryside with little light pollution, you tend to look up at the sky on clear nights as there's not much else to do. I was basically in my back garden drinking a cup of tea looking at the night sky and that's why i seen it the 2nd time. I looked again the Friday afterwards (last Friday) and didn't see a single thing move all night.

I have never seen UFOs at any other time in my life and I have often looked.

The reason I didn't video it was simply because my video camera isn't good enough, I only have a flip Ultra HD and the zoom on it is nowhere near good enough to film the night sky at such distance. I essentially got about 20 minutes of blackness.

No we didn't see the images at those sizes. From the naked eye we were simply seeing lights move in extremely unnatural fashions. Some of them seemed to appear to be moving like a fish would through water whilst continually changing colour. Some were much bigger than others. The biggest objects/lights we could see with the naked eye are the images we have on here albeit zoomed in. The other lights i seen moved far too fast to photograph, they flew at extremely high speeds, stopped dead, turned on a 90 degree angle then shot back off in the direction they came from. i seen this happening on at least 4 occasions.

The camera was a pentax, not sure of the model but it does 15megapixel photos. I'm not sure which lens he used either.

I believe the dates with the 13th and 20th of August respectively and the time on each night was roughly between 10.30pm and 1am GMT.

I believe this photo should show that it's not a camera held up to street lights with a shaky hand

You can clearly see stars in the foreground of the image.

I'm sorry that you obviously think this is a hoax but I really have nothing to prove. If people don't believe me then that's their choice. As stated previously I've no reason or desire to start a hoax about UFOs. For a start it's been done to death and there can't be much mileage in it these days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join