It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy thought about cycles in civilizations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Bear with me, I just thought of this like 45 seconds ago, I havn't given it too much thought yet.

It just popped in my head though. The Mayans calendar is until the end of the "age" right? X amount of years and then we start over?

Its awfully weird that there are pyramids in China, Middle America and Africa, and everything world wide has so many similarities like Dragons for gods and all that weird stuff.

I've always found it interesting to ponder the idea of one universal culture back in the day that was split up by whatever means may have split them up and that everything had a common origin. That thought lead me here to ATS to look up stuff on Atlantis way way back in the day.

Anyway, when you look at things like the Pyramids being lined up with the belt in the constellation of Orion and all the things that are synced up with celestial bodies like Stonehenge and what not, we have no idea why they did that.

What if in each age, things did start anew, and things were trashed and restarted? For example, we're about to pass through the galactic plane to the other side in 2012. Maybe us going through that plane every couple thousand years has something to do with the time on things like the Mayan calendar, and all hell breaks loose each time we do this. I dont know how often it happens, so I could be barking up the wrong tree, I admit that. But what if that was the case, and in 2012, we do this once again, and all knowledge is lost, all civilizations are thrashed back to nothing and we have to restart from scratch?

What if this has happened before and somebody figured it out, and all this celestial synchronization and weird stuff was an attempt to record things in a way that would outlive everything that gets devastated in the changing of ages.

Aside from plastic, I dont know what else would really survive a million years. All metals, computers, books, leathers, everything will have long dissolved into nothingness after a certain amount of time. All cities would be overgrown with plan life after a while and everything eroded into crap.

Wouldn't that be pretty bad ass if we found out that all that syncing was a way of trying to communicate to the next age?

I have no idea where exactly where I would go with this, but it was a pretty interesting though, and I figured somebody might find it mildly entertaining around here.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Taskism

According to the Bible we have one common background and culture then we built the tower of Babel and the good Lord chucked a wobbly and split us up and gave us different and confusing languages as punishment.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Taskism

The Common Source is "AWARENESS" as All comes from this hence the similarities you mention across the Earth in every Country...

Without "AWARNESS" Nothing would be known to exist....

Inspiration comes from "AWARENESS"...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Taskism

Its all about perception. The Galactic crossing has meaning because of our perception of it from earth. Anywhere else in the galaxy and it would be percieved at a different time and in a different way. Its never the same because of entropy and time, but we percieve it in acordance with seemingly acurate and predictable timelines only because our perception of time is extremely fast concerning ourselves and extremely slow concerning our Universe.

I believe ancient peoples understood that existence is about perception.
I believe inteligent creatures are the Universes way of knowing and apreciating itself.

Time can be percieved as linear and cyclic. We may have a first and a last birthday (cyclic time) but we can't have two first or last birthdays (linear time).

I sincerely hope that the Galactic crossing enhances humanities perception of itself and its true nature of knowing and apreciating the Universe around it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
You should probably know. The Mayan number system is based on 20, this includes the calender.

Here is a hint at where I am going with this.

The point is the Mayan did some cool #, but seriously they most likely based there calendar (there whole number system really) on the amount of fingers and toes they had.

They actually had 2 calendars one 260 days containing 13 months (named after 13 different gods) and a second containing 365 days broke into 18 twenty day months plus a "unlucky" 5 day month.

All I am trying to say is don't put to much into stuff that is based on very primitive method.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I also used to think about this cycles in civilizations in which a high tech society reaches some kind of catastrophe and reverts back to the stone age and back to computer age again.

It's a fanciful thought but there are no proofs of this. Then again, steel and cement do expire rather fast unlike stone so there could have been skyscrapers in the past that simply decomposed in time so only the stone monuments, which are much more resistant has remained. As a counter argument to this, there is also the case of the resistance of plastics. Maybe the past civilizations didn't invent it. Just a bunch of speculations.

I personally dislike speculations but it's fun to exercise creativity once in a while.

The only way to really prove this is if someone has a time machine and check what the truth is about history, religion, civilization, etc. Until then, we can rely on ourselves and the archaeologists to somehow dig something that is not open to speculation anymore.

top topics

join