It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real fairy caught on tape?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I got pretty excited when I saw this thread on the front page of ATS.
Im not an expert on CGI, so sometimes I cant tell the difference.
Most in this thread are saying its CGI, so it just might be.

I would love this to be real, but after reading through this thread and watching the video thats highly unlikely.

I agree with an earlier poster in this thread when that user said that some people complain if the footage is poor quality or call it CGI right away if its high quality. This video probably is CGI, but in some cases it can get annoying.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why is it a lot of people cannot tell CGI when the are looking at it? OF COURSE this is fake...

It looks nothing like a real image.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
LOL.... Let me just say, it's really bad if you cannot figure out that is CGI....

Why really bad, we're not all geeks here on ATS and some of us are terrible with computers (myself included)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It came from the 10th dimension...better known as Dimension X.

Earth has known about them since 1987. Their home planet is called Balaraphon. It was a peaceful planet until Lord Krang invaded with his mighty Technodrome. Now all Neutrinos live in fear!

Seriously, though...ethereal level? C'mon. At least we can say with confidence that somewhere in the 5th dimension, the ghost of P.T. Barnum is smiling.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't care if you're "bad at computers" or whatever other excuse you may have. If you thought for even a second it was real I genuinely wonder how you make it through life without (accidentally?) killing yourself every day.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abject
I don't care if you're "bad at computers" or whatever other excuse you may have. If you thought for even a second it was real I genuinely wonder how you make it through life without (accidentally?) killing yourself every day

I dont recall ever saying it was real. All I'm saying is my eye isnt nerdy enough to be able to tell if its CGI

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Originally posted by Abject
I don't care if you're "bad at computers" or whatever other excuse you may have. If you thought for even a second it was real I genuinely wonder how you make it through life without (accidentally?) killing yourself every day

I dont recall ever saying it was real. All I'm saying is my eye isnt nerdy enough to be able to tell if its CGI

Wasn't a direct reply to you. I just read the first page, nearly ended myself out of shame for sharing a planet with these people, forwarded to the last page and used a line from your reply as a segway to my rant.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Abject]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
For God sake what is wrong with people? Threads like this just make me want to leave ATS for good, how can anyone in their right mind even contemplate if this is real or not? Even people saying things like "it's probably fake but who knows?" are deluded, I'm no skeptic but people seriously need to get a grip, it's depressing.

Well I am a skeptic. And with respect and no intent to offend, in my opinion, to contemplate a thing is never delusional.

As a skeptic, unless there is absolute, irrefutable proof that this is cgi, I cannot assert for an empirical fact that it is cgi. I can say, "It definitely looks like cgi to me, and I believe it is cgi personally." However I cannot say, "It is cgi, empirically, for a fact." I lack the professional expertise and knowledge to make that determination. Neither can I say, "This is real," though, as there is certainly no proof that it is.

Being skeptical doesn't mean disbelief. It means not accepting as factual that which lacks proof, and that cuts both ways.

It's the same reason an honest skeptic can't assert, "God does not exist." The most they can say is, "I do not personally believe that God exists, for I see no proof that God exists, and I do see what I consider to be evidence that God does not exist." (I'm not saying that, necessarily. I'm skeptically agnostic, personally.) They must stop short of proclaiming that God doesn't exist as an empirical fact, though. (Which is why many supposedly skeptical people who make such assertions are actually not being true to the skeptical method at all, in my opinion.)

Beliefs are distinct from facts for a skeptic, including the belief that this is cgi, unless there is irrefutable proof that it is. To consider possibilities is what keeps the mind open in my opinion (so long as we set boundaries for the mind where there is proof.)

All of that having been said, I believe this to be cgi.

EDIT: And now that an expert, Unst0ppable0ne, has shared their expertise and provided those of us less knowledgeable with proof that this is cgi (see a few posts below,) I can now feel comfortable in saying "this is cgi" while remaining consistent with skepticism.

[edit on 8/29/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So obviously CGI. Also the sound the thing makes doesn't match the ambient sound of the rest of the video. Too close and bright sounding. Very clever though. I enjoyed it!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is CGI. It can be easily made with 3D Studio Max, and Adobe After Effects, using match moving.

Here are the things that tell me it is CGI;

1) The sound from the fairy's wings is STEREO, yet the rest of the video's sound is MONO.

This is a common mistake when adding sound effects to media that already has sound. Obviously the person who made the video is not a sound engineer, and they didn't think about blending the sound so that is sounds mono. Most hand held cameras only have one microphone, so there is no stereo.

The above alone is proof that the video is fake.

2) The movement from the fairy is smoother than the rest of the video. This is because CGI animation moves frame by frame. However, video from cameras play each frame 2 to 3 times to minimize flicker. When adding CGI animation to real video, you must pay attention to frame rate matching to make it look real.

The above is a common mistake. Most amateurs don't realize that video cameras play each frame 2 to 3 times, and when they insert their CGI animation which changes every 1 frame, their animation is smoother than the rest of the video and looks fake.

On top of that, REAL motion blur is almost non-existent. It is really hard to reproduce in CGI. Fake motion blur is easy, but real motion blur isn't. Lack of motion blur also makes things appear to move smoother because you have a perfectly non-blurry image every frame.

3) When the fairy moves off the tree, the kid instantly says "Oh My God" with out any type of delay (at the same exact time). If the kid was supposed to be frightened by the jumping of the fairy, there should have been a delay between the movement and the reaction because of human's visual stimulus reaction time delay.

The person who added the fairy should have made the fairy jump off the tree about 190 milliseconds BEFORE the kid says "Oh My God", instead of nearly at the exact same time.

4) I personally believe the lighting of the fairy, and it's shadows, and lack of shadows, is not correct. It looks CGI to me. I can go for hours explaining this, but I understand that most of you won't understand, or be able to tell the difference unless you are highly experienced. So I will just say.... the lighting is wrong.

5) I believe this one is the most important.

The reason the video is so long in the beginning (showing the kids giving a tour for a couple minutes) is because that is a technique used by illusionists to mentally trick the audience into believing they are watching something real.

It's like a magician showing the audience a coin is real before he secretly swaps the real coin with a trick coin to do his magic coin trick/illusion.

It's a common technique used in a lot of new CGI videos. You first emerge the audience into a real environment, then add a single fake element into that real environment at a later time. This helps make the fake element look real because the audience was already in a real environment and only expected to see real elements.

So you know... I am a professional graphic artist with many years of CGI experiance. I am also an image/video analyst, and very knowledgable of light and sound, and processes involved in creating illusions. You can be sure what I have said is very accurate.

Good Day

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Well I would love to see someone attempt to debunk this one!

I took this picture myself of not one but count them four obvious faries at a lake bank!

As you can see they were very friendly too, not shy at all, and very happy to have me take their pictures!

Yes faries are real!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/247ab666e4f2.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow Love those Fairy s i Can see why men are attracted to them
I think theres a lot of hybrids floating around LOL JK Nymphs are worse tho

My Favorite Fairy well a Sprite is OONA from Movie Legend
as she is shown that she can be human sized
maybe there are Fairy's that just stayed human sized well that cant be they would be mistaken as Angels wouldn't they unless they had hidden their wings some way

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
Here are the things that tell me it is CGI;

1) The sound from the fairy's wings is STEREO, yet the rest of the video's sound is MONO.

This is a common mistake when adding sound effects to media that already has sound

Maybe the fairy was wearing a tiny stereo loudspeaker around his neck

[edit on 29-8-2010 by TallWhites]

[edit on 29-8-2010 by TallWhites]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
Those who say CGI explain HOW it was done please? If you've ever tried to make videos, you'd know that it is very difficult to blend in two videos or video and pictures to make it look perfectly like that, and require specialized software that most haven't even heard of. Simply put, only a pro would be able to make it look like a "CGI," and I highly doubt that guy is.

Uhmmm...any kid can download the same software that pros use in Hollywood, off of one of a zillion torrent sites like The Pirate Bay. Anyone who's into practising their CGI skills is very familiar with software titles such as; Adobe After Effects, LightWave, Truespace etc etc.

It is very difficult, and time consuming, but decent modern camcorders, software and a laptop make it all very do-able.

First you would probobly script/storyboard a simple action scene, so you know how everything is going to end up in frame.

Go out and shoot it.

It doesn't matter anymore if the camera is "locked down" or handheld. With compositing software such as After Effects, you simple selected a point in one frame of the video (say a white dot on a leaf) and the software motion tracks it through the fx shot, perfectly matching the motion of you CGI model to it. It can even track it in 3D space, or create a matching 3D path inside your modeling software.

To make the CGI animated model blend in better with the background, you sample pixels of the background footage, and After Effects will compensate the tonal range of colors to the foreground elements, making it look like they are in the same lighting conditions.

Add a little motion blur on the model and you're good to go. This doesn't cover the complications of how you actually build and keyframe an animated model in CGI software, but you get the general idea. It is VERY time consuming, but lot's of people are showing off their stuff on You Tube. Have you seen the Haiti UFO video from a couple years ago? It was made by a French art student in his laptop. VERY convincing, and it really had the world going for a while
If he wouldn't have gotten a bit lazy, and copied and pasted some (recognized) factory supplied palm tree models, I don't think anyone would have ever figured it out, it was that good.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Was this located in San Francisco? I don't see any fairies in that video then.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
it does seem to be staged....i mean what did he get a new camera and decide to video his family walking through the yard and all of a sudden goes right to a certain tree with a fairey in it....LOL yeah

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by KIZZZY
You mean people think this is actually real? Peter Pan may get very upset
about this.

Hey KIZZZY!

Where've you been?

And anyway.....

What ya doin' in a fairy thread?

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

Well MMN....I do love fantasy and maybe I have too many

Harry Potter games with pixies and fairies and gnomes and all

that jazz!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

actually, i'm serious. i've been hearing stories about fair folk since i was a child. and those were far from bed time fairytales. last few years, when there's time & will, i take tours through rural parts and try to collect local stories (most common are about moras and fairies). people are usually reluctant to talk about it. there is a genuine fear of fair folk and similar beings (like werewolves and vampires - ignore the hollywood crap, those stories have nothing in common with the movies).

so, truth is. there's no actual proof of existence of fairies and such (there's no proof of their non existence either), but i like to keep an open mind since they are the subject of stories that predate modern civilization and christianity in some cases.

as an example; there's a a piece of land few miles from where i live where several of the owners in past 150/200 years tried to build a house. whatever is built during the day was torn apart during the night. when owners tried to guard the lot over the night they always fell asleep at the same hour and woke up at dawn to see the construction material removed from the lot. folks say its the fairies lot, so nobody tried to build anything there in last 20 years.

(talking about eastern adriatic or balkans region, however you like to call it)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
How come nobody mentioned any of the other faeries? I don't know anything about CGI but i know a lot about faerie folk....the site in the tree is a "aerie" and it is a communal home for the Fae. The reason the children responded so quickly was because they were being attacked. Stop the video where they are fleeing and look what is climbing up their backs. Then look what is coming out of the other trees and bushes, they would have been attacked regardless where they went. How about it ATS, if i can show faeries in the video will you remove it from the hoax column? Haven't you learned to demand proof from self-professed experts? Fors914.photobucket.com... those interested, this is a slideshow of those things i mentioned..............

[edit on 043131p://am3112 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Oh my, you weren't being serious were you? Actually, given your previous threads, I believe you were.

As with your aliens in the stones, you're seeing things that aren't there. I'm not questioning whether you think you see them, but when nobody else does, do you not find that a little worrying?

It's been clearly explained why it's CGI. In fact, it's fairly obvious the whole video is a set up, well before the encounter with the fairy.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Nice video and marvelous end, I saw exactly the same creature for the first time in the film “Laberinto del Fauno, El (2006) “.

Alternatieve titel: Pan's Labyrinth.

In 1944, in the post-Civil War in Spain, rebels still fight in the mountains against the fascist troops. The young and imaginative Ofelia travels with her pregnant and sick mother Carmen Vidal to the country to meet and live with her stepfather, the sadistic and cruel Captain Vidal, in an old mill. During the night, Ofelia meets a fairy and together they go to a pit in the center of a maze where they meet a faun that tells that she is a princess from a kingdom in the underground. He also tells that her father is waiting for her, but she needs to accomplish three gruesome, tough and dangerous assignments first. Meanwhile, she becomes friend of the servant Mercedes, who is the sister of one of the rebels and actually is giving support to the group. In a dark, harsh and violent world, Ofelia lives her magical world trying to survive her tasks and sees her father and king again. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

www.imdb.com...

This film is in my opinion highly recommended.

[edit on 30/8/10 by spacevisitor]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join