It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real fairy caught on tape?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
LOL ... anyone even discusing about it must get checked by doctor. the way children talk and the ready dialogue is enough... the sound effect of the fairy which is identical to any sci fi movie we've seen... get real.. come on. this is a site that has some serious stuff... stop posting crap.

It works both ways you know. I too believe this is CGI but I won't sit here and belittle, condescend, or make remarks about the OP because I want others to think I'm witty when I'm really not like a lot of the posters on this thread have. I would like to think I have a little more class than that.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by boomadatigger]

[edit on 29-8-2010 by boomadatigger]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
lol, are you serious?

haha, the way he ran away.

I'm not going to even discuss the authenticity.

Seems to me you are doing just that.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I don't know what it was. Maybe CGI because when it is laying on the beehive or wasps nest whatever, it looks nothing like a human, but like a rather ordinary dragon fly. Then it gets all crazy and has a human look. I can't decide whether it is cute or unnerving, and a bit disturbing.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
looked like a rare breed of dragonfly, before you assume something is magical, think with logic first, not what you WANT IT TO BE, its tail splits in two, like i said its a rare breed of dragonfly

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The animation alone gives it away as CGI. Cookie cutter animators are a dime a dozen.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
How do you know what anything from the 5th dimension looks like?

No its from the 7th dimension...yes dont luagh i know this from shcool i JuSt canT type so wells but me know this itds from the7 or 8 dimension and they are called.. well i know they eat aples becouseaple come from the 7th dimension too....and i like puppies

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
After watching this video ( the fairy is at the end of the video) I have come to the conclusion that this video is a fabrication not meant to hoax, but more meant to be creative.

I could tell because the children were scripted like they did the same thing 3 times already and when they saw the (insect) all children would not run away, they would be interested and stare at it for at least a minute. I know because I was a kid once.

This actually is a good concept and would actually be a good basis for a motion picture about fairies. With the quality of this short video , I'm sure the movie would be worth seeing.

The fairy did look amazingly real though. Good work to whoever spent the hours making it.

P.S Gloster, the rabbits are in the 2nd dimension, I was invited but I never agreed to go there. Just wanted to let you know that some of us know.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

you're a 10th dimension troll

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yea this looked cgi. Cool though.
Maybe there are still some wierd creatures out there for us to find at the bottom of our gardens....but not today.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I do believe Fairy's are real.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? This place is losing all credibility.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Just looks like an odd colored dragonfly to me. like the body is tannish which makes it look like something else and the head is brown...I have seen some of these dragonflys around.

Well i hope i never see anything like that in my garden.

and no you haven't seen a dragonfly like that around.

it was a CGI woman with tiny wings lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Really? This made front page?

It's called CGI.

The acting is obvious as well.

Please, leave threads like these for BTS.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Mods please move it to the hoax area. It's obvious CGI. People won't rest assure until that it's done. Meanwhile I'm going to keep reading. kay? over and out.

Also CGI:

This one made it all trough Larry King.
Just chill.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MechanicalSunrise

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I do believe Fairy's are real.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? This place is losing all credibility.

+1

There's a conspiracy in there somewhere if we can just pull it out.

It's a deliberate disinfo campaign to clog these boards up with useless fluff to make finding the important pertinent stuff impossible.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
5th dimension? Are you serious? Looks more like 1 dimensional to me!

Second line......doesn't count right?

So here's the third.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Mars hoax thread?? Which one? I think I know which one you are talking about and yeah that one made me throw my hands up again.

lol Nicolas Cage's acting ability hahaha that was great
thanks for the laugh!

This is for anyone out there who would know. Is there a site where you can load this video and tell it's a hoax? Sort of like how in a photo you can use photoshop and tell?? Curious because I have some other videos I would like to put through a test of sorts.

Thanks.

The mars one was the one where people were implying some video made by an honest VFX hoaxer could be real. It was a couple of high resish images slapped together and made to look like auto focus etc .... It has many problems, including bad parallaxing etc ... but of course no one reads those comments. Was just Mars outside a shuttle. Again, people ignored every comment, and some wanted a 'professional' to look at it (ie someone who will agree with them) It went on for like 20 pages.

There's sites a bit like that ... but frankly ... majority sites like that exists to find stuff like this. IE people *want* to believe it. Most people just don't have the time mainly because regardless of how much information you give there will always be someone that will take the video to every 'expert' to get an opinion that says its real.

I imagine we will be throwing our hands up at this one, too.

This video is a perfect example ... Having a full resolution video of this will not suddenly make it real. H264/flv compression doesn't make things like auto-aperture seem wrong, or change the fact that blacks are wrong, and wings are not correct ... Actually sometimes compressing or switching an image format makes these things more obvious if they're not prepared correctly.

Point is that it's clearly fake. You don't have to be a VFX to notice this, you just have to approach with a critical mind and a vague understanding of the hardware used. Brightness adjustments will change everything in a shot ... fairy is not being changed. It's not an opinion - it is FACT.

Persons who say they want a 'professional' etc ... or don't think a person has the credentials just wants someone to say it 'may' be real. Unless this fairy can change the laws of light and camera then it is a fake fairy.

Am waiting one someone saying it makes itself look like CGI as a survival method.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
When it's wings first flutter you can tell it's CGI, i know this isn't news as it's onto the 4th page but i'm giving my opinion anyway

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
looked like a rare breed of dragonfly, before you assume something is magical, think with logic first, not what you WANT IT TO BE, its tail splits in two, like i said its a rare breed of dragonfly

The rare human dragonfly. Too bad he didn't have a butterfly net instead of a camera!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
Those who say CGI explain HOW it was done please? If you've ever tried to make videos, you'd know that it is very difficult to blend in two videos or video and pictures to make it look perfectly like that, and require specialized software that most haven't even heard of. Simply put, only a pro would be able to make it look like a "CGI," and I highly doubt that guy is.

Get a 3D program. Create the Fairy.
Throw it in After Effects to composite or maybe even Final Cut.

It really isn't that difficult.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join