It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real fairy caught on tape?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Okay okay okay. Geeze. Everyone seems to put down the others just because you think you KNOW what this is! That doesn't mean you're right! Man people, get a grip and stop being so pompous!

Personally, I think it's both.

I don't think the kids were acting at all.

I think during this hike in the backyard and whilst filming the apples in the tree, they did stumble upon dragon flies. Yes, two of them.
And they probably both flew off and scared the kids and dad.

And then dad, might've gone home, review the tape and added the human-like-flying-fairy at the very end.

And you know what? No one should be 100% sure of anything. Hell, we don't even know if we're actually alive or part of someone elses dream!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Visually, this looks really good if it is CGI (and I suspect it is, even thought I do not have the eyes to discern it).

What I DO know is, in real life you do not take a breath to say "Oh my God!" at the same split second the item moves. It takes our brains a little longer than that to respond verbally. Had I not played this over a few times, I would have missed that clue.

Personally, had this been me filming the dialogue would have gone something akin to this:

Child 1: Look at that.
Child 2: What kind of bug is that?
Me: It looks like a brown Dragonfly resting.
Child 3: Do they sting or bite?
Me: Only if you disturb them. Haha!

< flutter & lift off>

All: Oh!
< all step back>

Me: It has 2 tails. Let me zoom in on that.
< zooms camera>

Me: Oh wow! It's a fairy! Every one talk in soft voices and say, Hi.

< fairy flies off>

In all reality, fairies would not cloak themselves to blend in with the plants only to show themselves to a potential human captor.

Do they exist? I'm inclined to think anything is possible. A few years ago, I was sitting in my home office (same one I am in now) and sneezed. I heard a clearly audible and high pitched "Bless you!". At first I thought it was something on my tv, but the tv wasn't even on. So I told a friend of mine about it and she said it was a fairy. The only problem is, fairies are supposed to live where there is greenery. I tend to kill my plants and if I don't my cats will, so I don't typically keep plants in the house. She said they were probably trying to tell my subconscious to pick up some plants for my home to improve the air quality (since I have respiratory issues).

I think the sneeze triggered some connection b/t my olfactory and auditory nerves creating an effect that sounded like someone saying "Bless you!" Or maybe a yawned and made the sound. People find it strange that I believe in angels and spirits and aliens, but I'm not so quick to jump on the bandwagon of fairies and leprechauns. I'm not saying they do not exist, just that I'm not so sure about those . . . like Big Foot and Loch Ness Monster.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah

In all reality, fairies would not cloak themselves to blend in with the plants only to show themselves to a potential human captor.

That's insanely funny!
That's like saying "in reality Santa Claus would never wear white pants in winter"

Next point:

We don't know how people react. Sure, we think we know how they SHOULD react but the fact remains, we're all different. So for you to say he wouldn't see and react at the same time is almost as funny as your fairy-cloaking statement.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
classic cgi look and feel.
can't wait to see proper animation techniques that fool the eye.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This thread is BS.
Really.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I think I envy the salesmen that come through your town........you're putting their kids through college.
5th dimensional creatures, lol.
If you want to find real fairies, go toSan Francisco. Those is the only real fairies that exist.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As always, what I cannot prove I will not assert to be a fact, so I will not say unequivocally that "this is cgi." I will say that to me it looks like cgi however, and that the fact that the man holding the camera "runs away" apparently backwards, while keeping the camera facing the creature, in combination with the appearance/look of the creature, constitutes strong evidence (not necessarily proof) that this was staged. That's about as much as I can say while still being both skeptical and open-minded.

On a more personal note, I do choose to believe (not assert for a fact or claim proof of, and while still as always being open to the possibility that my choice of belief may be completely erroneous) in the existence of faeries as a part of my personal brand of spirituality. I have always believed that belief and skepticism need not be diametrically opposed. Belief allows me to experience possibilities as though they were real. Skepticism allows me to refrain from accepting those beliefs as empirical facts without proof. I choose to believe in certain things while distinguishing that belief from knowledge or facts, and refraining from asserting my beliefs as facts.

On a more humorous, but still on some level sincere note: Protoplasmic, you have posted pictures of women dressed as faeries and some Black Sabbath. You are now my favorite person on ATS lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Lets see, our options are: CGI, and fifth dimensional beings invading our universe to give our youtube videos a few more views.

And you think that the latter is more likely.

See, this is the kind of # that makes people leave ATS. It's because we all feel kind of weird politely nodding and smiling at the clearly mentally ill users who generate 75+% of the content.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Aw come on man, anyone remotely exposed to computer graphics would know the creature was digital....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
I don't think they teach this stuff in school.

That's what my point is, you're making a HUGE HUGE HUGE assumption to say whatever this thing is, it's from the 5th dimension.

Considering we don't even really know what the 5th dimension IS yet, I don't think we should be talking about life from the 5th dimension.

This thing is from a computer graphics program - are you debating about which dimension the guy's computer was in when he made this CGI?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If the video is real (and thats a BIG IF) its either a nature spirit.
See here: www.crystalinks.com...

Or its a fairy insectoid type alien. Ironically these types of fair aliens are seen in England a lot

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Guys, plz don't embarrass yourself and the ATS community. We can't be known as a place for trolling.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I concur that there is no way that those kids were acting.

Whatever they saw legitimately frightened them.

The cameraman's reaction also seemed quite genuine to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OP, I suggest you lay off the drugs. You've lost your ability to think.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
looks like some type of dragonfly to me

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hmm someone should follow this guys advice and capture a fairy on film.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Any video that is this short, end's with the "supposed" footage, and shows whatever it is they are trying to show that has a higher resolution then the rest of the surrounding video means one thing. CGI.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Ian Punnett did an interview with these guy a few years back, really was hard to get into. Thought it a little over the top, having said that I do believe Fairy's are real.

link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Nivcharah

Originally posted by Human_Alien
That's insanely funny!
That's like saying "in reality Santa Claus would never wear white pants in winter"

Ok. Then let me clarify: Exchange the words "fairy" with "chameleon" and "human captor" with snake.

In the prey/predator situation, the prey does not camouflage itself only to reveal itself to the predator just as it is upon it. It will most-likely mean the demise of the prey.

Next point:

We don't know how people react. Sure, we think we know how they SHOULD react but the fact remains, we're all different. So for you to say he wouldn't see and react at the same time is almost as funny as your fairy-cloaking statement.

Re-watch that video at that point. Watch it several times. The boy breathes at virtually the same time the object moves. Almost as if the boy was coached how to react and then dear old dad added the CGI in after to make it look real. I'm not buying. There are a lot of things I want to believe, but if the evidence is this questionable . . . I just can't.

Hoax (albeit an excellent CGI).

link   
good god.....i've seen beter on youyube .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join