It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glad to meet all of you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hello fellow theorists. For far too long I have witnessed the murder of society. As young one, I often asked questions that got me into trouble. I was told that I didn’t think logically. When asking my peers, family, and loved ones, what they were talking about, I was told, you don’t think normally. Why I asked? Because I do not care what celebrity died or the other propaganda that is being shoved down the throats of every human. As I grew older, I realized the harsh realities of the world I was living in. I didn’t fit into a mold and therefore I was banished by most of society, for being weird. I entered a communication-based job, where I learned just how oblivious people truly are. They suffer in sombulation and do not even realize the raping that they are receiving. Society funds their own bondage.

I used to say that what led me to want a career in socio-psychology was attributed from my earlier experience in life. It stems so much further than that. Research of how societies think and feel gives me a glimpse into how I can help them. I used to hate the stupidity I was surrounded by. My anger fueled the fire to educate but people would not listen. Therefore, I focused my studies on children because they are malleable. I work with adolescent children who have been severely physically, sexually, and psychologically traumatized. That is the hardest state to reach them in because they have already been harmed by society and their security in this world has been ripped wide open. They trust no one, they truly love no one, and they do not even realize their potential as a human being. They close their minds to society and focus their thoughts inward. Many punish themselves for not being braver, stronger, uglier, prettier, skinnier, bigger, normal, but most of all; they just need to feel safe.

Meanwhile I am struggling to prove to society that these are minds we should not discard so quickly. Many will fail but the one you find in the haystack just may be the one to change the world. I am not in a position yet academically or professionally, to be the advocate I would like to be. So I watch as children are being dosed and numbed of their natural potential. Rather than cleanse their minds of the pollutants that contaminate them, they are given medications to wash their heartache away. Most have severe side effects and the children are guinea pigs, using meds that are new, and the effects on the developing brains have not been quite tweaked. As experiments cannot be done on children, we have no real idea the impact the drugs will have on their future functioning.

Most will become completely reliant on these substances and almost all of them contain mind-numbing ingredients. I watched a gifted child, a brilliant 13 year old, are kicked down ever turn he made. The kids laughed at his theories, while I encourage him to challenge everything, the kids made fun of him more for his “outlandish ideas”. He goes to a transitional school, which translates as, a school for retards. Please excuse my term but that is how society views these children. He asked why he couldn’t go to a public school because he wasn’t learning anything. He was told he would not receive adequate assistance there. Some need extra help and shelter, but not all. He began to ask why he was taking meds; he wasn’t a threat to anyone or himself. He had no psychological diagnosis or even a scant resemblance of a true behavioral deficit. His therapist told him he exhibited early signs of schizophrenia and his next step is lithium. They will kill this kids God given gift. The side effects of the drug completely shut down your creative mind. They cause speech impediments because that is one of many portions of the brain the drug effects. In addition, the feeling that you tongue is fat and therefore you begin to speak with your tongue against your cleft palate, giving you slurred speech. Lithium also targets motor functioning and many people begin dragging their dominant leg behind them. Now I am not saying that John Nash did not need something to purge his delusions, but there has to be a better way. Of course, there is but we are not supposed to know about that. Many diseases of both psychological and physiological nature result from the garbage we are fed. I’m not just talking about our water supply, pesticides, disease, mass mind control, farm raised fish, steroid injected chicken, cloned beef, genetically altered pork, chemicals that are in virtually every thing you consume, the list could go on forever you pick your battles.

The biggest crime ever on humanity was prohibition of spirituality. Our minds are linked to our bodies, they both are polluted so severely that we have been numbed and dumbed. Can we blame society for their ignorance? Can we blame the few in charge who control our bondage? If society is not responsible for their own demise then we should try to free as many sleep walkers as possible. I am not a Buddhist but I take from the religion many components. I do not buy into organized religion or any group trying to tell me who my God is, or dictate the parameters of my experience in this life. It is one of uniqueness and a gift not to be wasted. If this isn’t dress rehearsal, I will enjoy any moment because my time is precious. However, I feel a sadness I cannot place. A pit in my stomach I can pinpoint, just below my sternum in my solar plexus.

The third eye chakra is also known as the pineal gland that is being killed with a common toxin found in drinking water. Fluoride kills the gland located in the center of you brain that controls melatonin that affects sleep patterns, and waking cycles. The third eye represents clarity, inner well being, and visual consciousness. Without these elements, our third eye cannot communicate with the crown chakra, which is the pituitary gland. The gland secretes hormones through the endocrine system and connects the hypothalamus to the central nervous system. The chakra is our unconscious state. This just may be the biggest crime on humanity. Whether you believe in chakra or not, fact remains, our glands control our mind and body. Contaminants are the culprit for the devolution of the destruction of spiritual evolution. Arm yourself because no one will do it for you.

This rant went ramped, but I do not apologize. Nice to meet all of you.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Glad to meet you too...

welcome to ATS!!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Socio

Welcome to ATS and why dont you tell us a "little bit" about yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Thanks, I am pleased to be here. I am a ranter as writing is an avid diversion of mine. However, I am horrible when it comes to comma.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

A tremendous pleasure to have you here.

SALUTE my friend!

See you around the boards.

MM

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow, I too have traveled the same path as you, shunned for looking at the world with fresh eyes, angry at first, but then came to realization that those set in their ways are already gone, but the children, the children..We must teach them to be Philosophers..I'm am currently in college taking every psychology course available with the hopes of of one day being able to educate the youth in a setting outside of the public school system....

Welcome to ATS...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

ATLien,
It is a never ending battle, that is why I target the children that society has thrown away. The misfits who serve no purpose other than taking up space in a residential or jail. While my focus is psychology and sociology, I also study the biological component. The big Nature Vs. Nurture debate, which really isn't a debate at all, it's common sense. However I feel that if we provide the fallen an outlet, we may save some. But please do not be fooled, many courses are designed to keep you ignorant, read between the lines and apply only what you find relevant. Psychology is an art and many principles cannot be taught. Most of the concepts are hogwash and watered down versions of drug induced psychologists. Many ask me why I do not advocate or why can I not advance without my degree, which I feel to be a waste of time, but an ends to a means. If psychology is your aim know that without a doctorate you cannot get far. If social work is your goal you will need a masters. I mean after all the institution needs to make their money. Good for you and good luck with your endeavors.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

MM, I am glad to be here and have found many interesting topics. Thank you for the link. Socio

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Socio

You should have need to apologize, we each can choose to read a long (winded) post or not. I read it and thankful that you did. I have found my chakra has blockages from time to time. Right now under my right should blade I have a knot (chakra block) that is killing me.

Hello

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Perhaps that is what is wrong with my shoulders. I am told I need corrective surgery to tie my ligaments tighter, my shoulders dislocate. I have had problems with them as long as I can remember. But I say nonsense. They are not cutting me open, it's bad enough I had no choice but to go under the knife a few weeks ago. My first surgery and I was freaking out. But it went well and was a success. I really need to make time for yoga, my physical and mental entities are off kilter. My kinetics are jumbled. Probably due to paranoia and anxiety.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Socio

Thank You, I understand exactly my friend,I 'm taking the courses as a pre-requisite for employment, I don't adopt the Freudian Principles and so forth, I've forged my own Philosophy on child development, personality traits etc... I've had my path layed out before me for quite some time now..I was placed in several residentials, group-homes and boot camps as a juvenile I excelled academically and now they are financing my education for me..When I finish my studies I have a position waiting for me in Pittsburgh, and since I already know the in's and out's, as well as the mentality of both the staff and the "committed", I will be able to relate to them on a level not common among the other adults...Do you also have a Particular Institution in mind? And do you feel as though you can relate to the basic principles of Psychology?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2010 by Socio because: sent twice

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

That is good that you have a plan. I often go back and forth with what I'd like to ultimately achieve. People tell me that I am arrogant because I truly think that I can do whatever I set my mind to. For a long time, I thought about therapy in behavior modification and teaching the kids different ways to cope with their trauma. But I already do that in my current position in a residential. I work with adolescent boys who suffer abandonment, trauma, neglect, violent tendencies, and a slew of psychological and behavioral problems. It's sad that most of my co workers see the job as a paycheck and most do not care about the outcome of these children. I think sometimes, I care far too much but think empathy is vital to helping them. I've had a few tell me they love me or call me mom. I worked in a state psychiatric hospital for a while, but couldn't handle the aspect of mechanical and medicinal restraints. I cried through first restraint and it never got easier. Granted being paid twice the amount had its perks but still not worth my own cognitive struggles. I've been a direct care worker for over 3 years and have never restrained a kid. I've worked there through 2 pregnancies and not once have I been even threatened by a child. I like to see that as an accomplishment since assaults happen often. They call me the negotiator, the supervisor sends me in to talk with the kid as a last resort. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at communicating sense with them. I commend your growth as an individual and feel the field needs more people like you and less money grubbing fools. Only someone who had endured deep hardships can truly empathize.

It's sickening that people actually get paid 200 bucks an hour because they aren't doing it because they care. I know the demographic I want to work with cannot afford to pay for my services, so fame and riches will never factor in. I started research some time back on children's development. I wanted to see if their was a correlation to poverty and mental illness. I found quite the contrary. The kids that had nothing but a mother who loved them to death meant more than having a nice house and toys. The kids who were raised by daycare had the least amount of attachment and the biggest deficits.

I'll probably do some form of social work until my education is completed, linking kids and their families to available services that will heighten their quality of life. I definitely believe in a multi systematic approach. I do group therapy with the kids I work with and feel that it is important to teach the kids how to communicate. I try to nourish their potential and teach them that just because their life has been total chaos, they can achieve anything they set their minds to. I feel far too many kids and adults the same, get stuck in the feeling sorry for themselves stage. It's really a waste of time. If we can show the kids their potential and talent then hopefully they can pull through. I think when it's all said and done I'd like be a child advocate and fight for their rights. I know this will gain me many enemies both in the field and politically but feel it's well worth the risk. What about you, what aspect would you like to focus in?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am an OEF veteran that suffers from what the VA would call PTSD and Major Depressive Mood Disorder. I currently take a laundry list of medications and I feel my skin crawl, my liver is dying (probably myself included though I can't get a clear answer), I feel sedated, lobotomized, it's harder every day to get out of bed. I came from a similar child-hood where I questioned everything and was marginalized for it. To this day I have not strayed from my values. I would be off the toxic mixture of drugs if I had a choice in the matter, but due to physical disability and deterioirating health I am regularly blood tested for certain levels of medication. To get off of them entirely would see my benefits dissapear and my family starve.

This is the future.

Welcome to the board and I hope to see much more from you.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I would like to first thank you for serving this country. Your story brought tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing it. My husband did 5 years in the navy, I thank my lucky stars he got out before this war broke out. Our men and women are coming back with psychological disorders and there has got to be a better way to deal with this than drugs. Just another way to make the pharmaceutical companies money. I think it is horrific how the government is remedying the situation. Every circumstance is different, I understand this, but there has got to be a better way. People think that by serving, their families and their future will be secure, but it's all a rouge to get you to sign up. People are expendable.
In my adolescence I also suffered PTSD and depression, I was offered a slew of meds, which made me feel like a zombie. After a while I refused to take them. I've learned to cope with these demons, although some nights I still wake up screaming.
It is great to meet you.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socio
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I would like to first thank you for serving this country. Your story brought tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing it. My husband did 5 years in the navy, I thank my lucky stars he got out before this war broke out. Our men and women are coming back with psychological disorders and there has got to be a better way to deal with this than drugs. Just another way to make the pharmaceutical companies money. I think it is horrific how the government is remedying the situation. Every circumstance is different, I understand this, but there has got to be a better way. People think that by serving, their families and their future will be secure, but it's all a rouge to get you to sign up. People are expendable.
In my adolescence I also suffered PTSD and depression, I was offered a slew of meds, which made me feel like a zombie. After a while I refused to take them. I've learned to cope with these demons, although some nights I still wake up screaming.
It is great to meet you.

I don't sleep much these days, I take Lunesta and Remeron every night but I still end up tossing and turning. My wife says when I am asleep I'm talking about things she won't repeat. She used to ask me how many lives I have taken but doesn't anymore, I assume I spilled the beans over the course of the last few years.

In the morning I take Abilify, Venlifaxine (sp?), Sundilac, Divaloprex, and before bed with the sleep medicines, Risperidone. The Venlifaxine makes my skin crawl. The risperidone makes me zombielike until noon. The Divaloprex makes my mood jump and one of those is supposed to stabilize it.

It's a pretty miserable life, and most of the other guys I go to PTSD group with are Vietnam vets who don't get blood tested anymore and all of them are off their medicines, except for sleep. We don't see too many OIF/OEF veterans come in, and they usually don't stay. I've found the group somewhat helpful, but I have trouble affording to go.

I'm on disability retirement, at 60%, which sees my income drop from $2,000 to $1000 a month. I have a wife and two kids, so I am forced to draw my GI Bill for the housing benefit while being a full time student. I got out of the army, and it cost me $10,000 to move home with all my medical conditions and my wife who has a pituitary gland tumor. We both struggle to make ends meet, to get up out of bed, and raise our children. The day I set foot back home, I was $200 in the negative for my bank account, had a $3,000 debt to Military Star, a $2,000 debt on my car, and nowhere to live.

My liver is inflammed, though I do not drink. I have shifted vertabrae (not disks, though I have bad disks too), torn rotator in both shoulders, torn labrum in the left shoulder, TBI, and PTSD.

This is how soldiers end up when they get injured. I'm biding my time, building up debt before my tax return. I'm waiting for my GI Bill to get approved and hope I can manage a college setting, though I'm almost posotive it's not the best thing for me right now psychologically.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Welcome!

I did some clinicals in a kids psych unit when I was in nursing school. Sad, sad stuff. Good for you for commiting to work with them!

new topics

top topics

join