It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lodge Was open, nobody cared....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by bushidomason

My point is that the Freemasons claim not to hold any secrets, and yet they tell you about certain secrets that can't be revealed. Sounds like a contradiction to me.

You're grasping at straws, vcw. Google is your friend. Even the secrets that an honourable man wouldn't reveal can easily be found online. It's the test of a man's honour that he chooses not to himself reveal private modes of recognition that he knows can be so easily searched (if they really mean that much to you).

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I'm not sure why a Masonic Lodge would have an open house. It just sounds too commercial for some reason.

Thing is, most people don't care anything about the Masons *or* the anti-Masons. They would think the anti-Masonic conspiracy theorists are wackjobs that are totally divorced from reality, and they would consider the Masons a nice little club that promotes charity whilst participating in goofy rituals for no essential purpose, but most likely a waste of time

If you want to promote charity you can do that without the cloak and dagger of secrecy. I would say most people know that Masons aren’t there to provide charity but are a nefarious gathering of the greedy, evil and odd. No PR stunt where you open up your lodge is going to change that anytime soon either. For Christ’s sake you should be at home looking after your wife and kids, not dressing up in robes, performing obscure rituals & God knows what else. The only ones divorced from reality are you nutters and your archaic superstitions and rituals!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Clearly you are a disinformation agent. The Knights of Proto only has one location so that Proto himself can provide the instructions on how to attain self sufficiency!

At the Knights of Proto you will learn to make truly tempting and visually pleasing dishes like these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3209e8e637ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Mmm mmm yummy!

I can tell you one thing : "in exception of the feathers in your mouth it tastes only like boiled chicken and egg.
It's a Balut, you can buy that in the Philippines and some other Asian countries on every corner.
Some say iy is a libido enhancer, but as allways, you need to believe

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Freemasons admit that there are a small amount of inter-fraternity recognition secrets . Its been stated a thousand times. Everything else is open knowledge. You obviously have internet access, what the hell else do you NEED (for whatever perverse reason)to know?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boredsilly

My family and friends were there with me enjoying a beautiful sunny day picnic at the lodge. Pretty sinister huh?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Even if they are worthless secrets, they are still secrets.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats

Freemasons admit that there are a small amount of inter-fraternity recognition secrets . Its been stated a thousand times. Everything else is open knowledge. You obviously have internet access, what the hell else do you NEED (for whatever perverse reason)to know?

What do you need to hide?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That is none of your business! Soceities with secrets make the world go round.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Didn't this start as a thread about an open house? Did you advertise in the newspaper? The timing is everything. People are also so busy these days. Most are brain dead anyway. You don't want someone like that for a petitioner.

Anyone that wants to petition a lodge, but does not know any Masons just google for Masonic lodges and your town or city. Then you can contact them via their website. Every state or province has a Grand Lodge site and there are also many district sites.

Back to the open house: Have an open house at the same time every year (regardless of attendance) so people get used to that. Then more and more will come.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
For the open house you also need multiple reasons for people to show up. For example, have a raffle for a whole pig or something. Sell tickets and make some $ for your lodge and when people are already in the door they want to have a bite to eat, ask a question or take a look around the lodge room then that is fine too.

Sometimes the local radio station will tell people of local events at no charge.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methos777
Didn't this start as a thread about an open house? Did you advertise in the newspaper? The timing is everything. People are also so busy these days. Most are brain dead anyway. You don't want someone like that for a petitioner.

Anyone that wants to petition a lodge, but does not know any Masons just google for Masonic lodges and your town or city. Then you can contact them via their website. Every state or province has a Grand Lodge site and there are also many district sites.

Back to the open house: Have an open house at the same time every year (regardless of attendance) so people get used to that. Then more and more will come.

Freemasonry doesnt work that way!

There has to be a heirarchy, its in the very essence of the masonic brotherhood.

It goes Ignorant commoner

-> 3 lower degrees
-> 4 through 32

And the special people get the 33rd degree and get to join 'special' masonic bodies, some of which we probably dont even know of,

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

There has to be a heirarchy, its in the very essence of the masonic brotherhood.

-> 3 lower degrees
-> 4 through 32

And the special people get the 33rd degree and get to join 'special' masonic bodies, some of which we probably dont even know of,
No, Methos described exactly how it works. 2B1ASK1. Walking in the front door of your own free will & accord is the first step that any and all must take to become a Mason.

And your hierarchy is sadly deficient as well. This is more accurate:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba019bfeeba2.png[/atsimg]
You must be a 3° Master Mason before joining the York or Scottish Rite bodies, but membership in the York or Scottish Rite does not give you any rank above Master Masons who don't choose to join those bodies. And the Grand Master of a Grand Lodge can kick out a Mason under his jurisdiction, even if the person being kicked out is a 33° Scottish Rite Mason, and even if the Grand Master never joined the Scottish Rite himself.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Why can't a person/group/organization have a secret - bet you have few yourself - I know I do. As long as no one is getting hurt whats the big deal? Geeeeeeeee - BTW I am female so I am definitely not a Mason.

Colonel Sanders has a secret recipe - try gettin that.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Good point... but then again Col. Sanders was also a Mason.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boredsilly
If you want to promote charity you can do that without the cloak and dagger of secrecy.

I don't believe anyone's claimed that Masonry's the only way that charity can be promoted. It's one of many. As for "the cloak and dagger of secrecy", all I can say is that yours must be a pretty generous definition of secrecy when you can Google Masonry's "cloak and dagger of secrecy" from the comfort of your own home.

I would say most people know that Masons aren’t there to provide charity but are a nefarious gathering of the greedy, evil and odd.

You would say......Hookay
Based on..........what exactly?

No PR stunt where you open up your lodge is going to change that anytime soon either. For Christ’s sake you should be at home looking after your wife and kids, not dressing up in robes, performing obscure rituals & God knows what else. The only ones divorced from reality are you nutters and your archaic superstitions and rituals!

Actually, it's a regular practise to remind new members that their family, their career and their faith are all to rank ahead of Masonry in terms of importance. As for "dressing up in robes", I'm not sure where you drew that notion from ("Eyes Wide Shut" was not representing Masonic ritual if that's what you had in mind). As for us "nutters" and "archaic superstitions and rituals", well all I can say is that you must think poorly of men of faith as Masonic ritual is an adjunct to a member's faith. In my Lodge, the brethren run the gamut from Catholic to Anglican (and a cross-section of various Protestant denominations) to Latter Day Saints to Jewish and Sikh (and soon to include Muslim), all hearing the same ritual and being able to peaceably apply it to the dictates of their own faith.

That really must be some evil, eh?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The modes of inter-fraternity recognition, You see, its about a quaint and archaic thing called honor.Look up'honor". Why do you insist on learning this if you cant be a member? And if you're too lazy to look them up online,nobody can help you...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The modes of inter-fraternity recognition, You see, its about a quaint and archaic thing called honor.Look up'honor". Why do you insist on learning this if you cant be a member? And if you're too lazy to look them up online,nobody can help you...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Why can't a person/group/organization have a secret - bet you have few yourself - I know I do. As long as no one is getting hurt whats the big deal? Geeeeeeeee - BTW I am female so I am definitely not a Mason.

you could be co-mason or sister of the eastern star

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

-> 3 lower degrees
-> 4 through 32

No, Methos described exactly how it works. 2B1ASK1. Walking in the front door of your own free will & accord is the first step that any and all must take to become a Mason.

And your hierarchy is sadly deficient as well. This is more accurate:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba019bfeeba2.png[/atsimg]
You must be a 3° Master Mason before joining the York or Scottish Rite bodies, but membership in the York or Scottish Rite does not give you any rank above Master Masons who don't choose to join those bodies. And the Grand Master of a Grand Lodge can kick out a Mason under his jurisdiction, even if the person being kicked out is a 33° Scottish Rite Mason, and even if the Grand Master never joined the Scottish Rite himself.

interestig. thanks for correcting me.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

That verse doesn't stop you from taking oaths, just swearing oaths to those things. My oaths were taken to God directly. By this logic, you could never join the military, take a public office, or get married.

Opening the Lodge up doesn't mean we are going to break our Oaths. There is nothing that is in the Lodge building that would break our Oaths. Sitting as Tyler, I've had some people come up and while the Brethren were in meeting I would sit and talk with them. When the meeting was done, if they were still around, I would let them in to look around and talk with the Brothers. We're not anti-public, we're just pro-privacy. Everyone believes in privacy and holds something secret to themselves.

And they are ours to keep. We are a private organization that binds our members to keep their obligations. You may not believe in integrity, loyalty, and honor, but we still do.

-> 3 lower degrees
-> 4 through 32

Wow, so f*** the Shriners and the York Rite. Freemasonry is not about hierarchy. We have a hierarchy for the mere fact of organization and order. Scottish Rite doesn't represent the entire fraternity. It is one branch of the tree. And what rude thing to say..."ignorant commoner". Who are you to say such a thing?

The only reason I hold distinction in the Blue Lodge is because I'm a Past Master, not because of my membership in another appendant body or the offices I've held in them.

Only on special occasions does the Blue Lodge ever introduce Officers of appendant orders, that usually during installations or at special meetings, but when the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge attends a York Rite meeting, or any other appendant bodies meeting, he is introduced as such with great honor. The Blue Lodge is not only the foundation of Freemasonry, but it is the core. Shriners, York Rite Masons, Scottish Rite Masons are all Blue Lodge Masons first and foremost.

reply to post by dontreally

Well, if she was a co-Mason she still wouldn't be a recognized Mason, and as a Sister of the OES she wouldn't be privy to the secrets of the Master Masons.

edit on 13-9-2010 by KSigMason because: Punctuation

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join