It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lodge Was open, nobody cared....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
To me, when I see these lodges, they look like churches. I don't go to church. I avoid church. So maybe thats why people weren't showing up

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
At the Knights of Proto we teach the math that counts!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3b60ad88432.jpg[/atsimg]

Ensuring you can get your money for nothing and your chicks for free!

Naturally the Temple of the Proto Knights has free MTV too!

With no tedious gradient levels of learning, all Knights Proto are equal and unlike some evil secret societies that make you join them to learn their secrets, the Knights Proto provides these truly esoteric secrets to you simply as a service to all!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
like i said, i would try to join, but they wont have me, a felon is still a person, some of us want to be better spiritually, but like everyone else, you all close the door....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

By you not acknowledging the Dames of Aquarius it just shows are scared you are, we have infiltrated the Knights of Proto in disguise, since you are all dead drunk you never noticed, who do you think is teaching you how to iron, cook, choose drapes and all those other things, it is just to throw you off and make you think that is what is needed to take over the world.

We have the secret.

Signed:
Dames of Aquarius

Clearly you are a disinformation agent. The Knights of Proto only has one location so that Proto himself can provide the instructions on how to attain self sufficiency!

At the Knights of Proto you will learn to make truly tempting and visually pleasing dishes like these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3209e8e637ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Mmm mmm yummy!

Here you see some of the advanced ironing techniques taught by Proto to the Proto Knights!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c38a7f923cc7.jpg[/atsimg]

We know that we have long been decieved by the women of the world who pretend the secret to ironing is doing it on solid boards.

By using a thick bunched terri-clothe towell over a shag carpet, you can get that professional cleaner fresh look without spending big dollars!

Once again we don't require you to join the Knights of Proto to learn these long gaurded secrets kept from humanity!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That is one thing I take objection to in Masonry is the fact that I would say probably every state dose not allow felons. To me a person who wants to change there life around Masonry is a good place to be.

I would sighn a felons petition if I felt this person is tryiing to live crime free life.

Most lodges dont do bakground checks usually they know who you are and if they know you have been in trouble in the past, and are now doing good, you will get accpeted.

Masonry says it is to make good men better, yet who is a good man I have never met one. I would say Masonry takes a man and helps him to be better than he once was.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
I am sorry that not a person stopped by. It may be intimidating for a person to stop in. Since I became a Mason about a a year and a half ago, It is a special breed of man.

Maybe a beer tent would have drawn a few people in.

Yea.. half Jackal would be a special breed alright... intimidating too.

If the flock mafia commanders were there.. like maybe gw & son hooked up to real time lie detectors forced to answer 9/11 questions.. that'd probably draw a crowd.

Special man kibble & punch served by a specially bred dude wearing a ritualistic fez made of infant skin & baby Seal whiskers.. eh, not to much.. although the cookies might make good dog treats.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

I was going to stop in, but I know the parking there is usually horrible and mostly taken up by the nearby church. I know someone attached to that lodge though, so if I have any questions, I can just ask him.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Why go?

You masons are sworn to secrecy ...

you can't answer a question straight..

only what your told you can say..

its a waste of time..

that's like going to the circus to talk to the lion tamer...

only to hang out with the clowns...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
My Masonic Lodge had an open house today. The front door was propped open. Signs were up out front for a week and the lodge is on a BUSY main road. Not ONE person stopped for a tour. I dont want to hear anymore about "behind closed doors" and secrecy. Plenty ofy brothers were there to answer any questions. Seems that the Mason-phobes are plentiful, but not intellectually curious or interested in having their illusions shattered with truth. What more can these people want? They had run of the building !

[edit on 8/28/10 by scooterstrats]

Most people have friends and dont need some group to get them.

Masonry is dead because its all old people and a few young ones. Well lets hope it dies soon because its lame and boring. I am one and I stopped going to meetings and paying dues because its so boring. Seriously listening to old men argue about heat for 30 minutes was enough for me. And what is with the opening and closing GOD THAT TAKES FOREVER!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I am sorry you feel that way about the fraternity that you chose to join. I assume you are not one of the "old men" Then its up to you to take Masonry into the future. Certainly not by taking anything away from the ritual's. Maybe you should sudy and research what the rituals are about and why we do what we do.

Masonry will never die out, it may become smaller, but smaller with high quality for now it seems only people who are truly seeking light are joining. Being a Mason is a high honor and should not be taken lightly.

Get back involved and, help lead. The "old men" dont want to run things forever, the yoounger generation of Masonry has to stand up to the plate and get to work!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

Why go?

You masons are sworn to secrecy ...

you can't answer a question straight..

only what your told you can say..

its a waste of time..

that's like going to the circus to talk to the lion tamer...

only to hang out with the clowns...

Not true. I bet you can't think of a question that I am sworn to not answer? If you can think of any such question, then even if I can't answer it, I can refer you to published works that do answer it. There are VERY FEW actual secrets in Freemasonry. Probably our most sacred secret, the one that I would hold most dear, is often given out and discussed on this very site!! (Not by me, so don't ask. That's cheating if I give you the question, lol!)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have never seen the Masons on this site give up something as important as a BlackJack Strategy Cheat Card!

They probably don't even have one! The Knights of Proto has the real secrets of importance and yes will post them right to the thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Agreed humbleseeker. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. So if the shoe fits....

[edit on 8/30/10 by scooterstrats]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You took the words from my mouth. Many are so ignorant of facts they dont even know what to ask. Opportunities are given, and they instead attack with nonsense they have read on notoriously absurd websites and from a few choice whackjobs here. They would rather parrot incredulous claims rather than be confronted with empirical data.
In full disclosure, when I made this post I should have been clearer. I am disappointed that we could not interest potential brothers, but was not all surprised or shocked. Thats somewhat expected thse days. I really hoped to be able to honestly, not confront, but what is the word, engage any potentially ignorant (not in the pejorative sense) who wanted to learn or get clarification of what we are about. No takers.I guess nobody (including myself) likes to have their beliefs shattered by reality. C'estt la vie.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I have multiple more friends outside of the fraternity than within. Your comment does not apply to me anyway in this case.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would check it out but I am prejudiced against due to my desire for more empirical evidence in regards to a God's existence. Only the religious are invited to join the organization
I guess those that follow ancient rituals in a religious book are more inclined to follow ancient rituals in a lodge?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I would check it out but I am prejudiced against due to my desire for more empirical evidence in regards to a God's existence. Only the religious are invited to join the organization
I guess those that follow ancient rituals in a religious book are more inclined to follow ancient rituals in a lodge?

No offense, because I don't know anything about your character, but in general, the Lodge accepts only people that believe in one, ever-living God, because those people have a sense of morality, justice, and charity that is conducive to the teachings of Masonry. It isn't about ancient rituals. It is about morality and high-character. I suppose it is possible to be an athiest with a high character, but what are you bound by? An oath is meaningless to an athiest.

Also, I hope it is not off topic, but what do you consider to be empirical evidence? Of course you won't get "tangible" evidence, but "empirical" evidence is everywhere! The shear miracle of life is empirical evidence, as is the wide diversity and abundance of life. As is all the unlikely scenarios that conspire daily on the planet to ensure life continues. Even the theory of evolution is empirical evidence supporting a grand design in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yes I do not have the belief of one ever-living God. I do not see the point of making sure someone has this belief? It seems to me to be a prejudice?

Not everyone who believes in one ever-living god has a sense of morality, justice, and charity and not every Atheist is without these attributes.

How very unfortunate it is that your group cannot judge a human as an individual.

How does the saying go do not judge a book by it's cover? Isn't that what the entire point of this thread was about? To have an open house so people could come and see what the lodge was really about? So that people would not formulate opinions about your group without getting to know you more?

And yet this is exactly what your group practices. I do believe that you have the right to and I support it but do not complain about reaping what you sow friend.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

You are right that not every religious person is good and not every athiest is bad. That is only one of the ways that we vet our applicants. There are also background checks, interviews, and then of course the 3 degree rituals that they pass through, along with some memorization at each level. They have to be of sound mind, and sound body (although we often make exceptions to the sound body part.)

If you believe in one ever-living God, then you meet the requirement and you could apply. You indicated that you thought you would be excluded from applying, but that is not true.

Also, I don't agree that someone should not judge a book by its cover. Our physical appearance and our known attributes say a lot about us. You should not "only" judge it by its cover, it deserves a cursory peruse inside the cover, but the cover is still important. If someone is going to represent our fraternity to the public, then they must first represent themselves in a positive manner.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Well, ok, so you have already formulated your opinion and I will be the last to argue or tell you that your belief is wrong. I respect that have a strong belief system. Masonry is not for you then, which is fine also. Its not for everybody. But please dont castigate a fraternity that may hold beliefs that differ from yours

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join