It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lodge Was open, nobody cared....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by scooterstrats

Keeping secrets is not necessarily good or bad.
If that is your view,your posts here attacking things that you know nothing about are pointless. I envy your energy though.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Why don't you give the name of the social club, and explain why it was held inside a Masonic lodge?

And real Masons shouldn't allow rituals involving firearms. They risk being accessory to whatever crime is committed inside their buildings.

I don't know why I didn't give the name of the club, but regardless, the group is still not a body of Freemasonry.

Freemasonry can't be held liable or as an accessory. You could maybe go after the Board of Directors (or some kind of equivalent) that runs the building, but even then its a stretch as you would have to show either intent or negligence on their part. Not exactly an easy case.

Which lodges are "coming around" (Masonic phrase)?

Actually, "coming around" is not a Masonic phrase.

So men who practice Freemasonry have irreconcilable evils?

I didn't say that. Quit putting words in my mouth. I said as we are still human we are ALL susceptible to making mistakes. This applies to all, Mason or not.

How does Freemasonry Watch pull "everything" out of context and lie?

Most of their site is full of lies about Freemasonry. Trying to paint them as homosexuals, Satanists, anti-Christian, and so on. The guy that runs the site is a kook.

Why aren't women equal with men in the eyes of American Freemasonry?

Its not just in America. Any recognized Grand Lodge doesn't admit women into their ranks, only into the Order of the Eastern Star, Daughters of the Nile, or Social Order of the Beauceant. The clandestine Lodges and Grand Orients accept women into their ranks, but they are not recognized by the majority nor do they follow the same rules and regulations of Freemasonry.

What's so private about being a Freemason? No secrets, right? It's not like the lodge stores your medical history.

My contact information is private and no one else's business. The Lodge does store personal information on me and I don't want any swinging dick to have access to it. If I want to put out that I'm a Freemason that is my choice and my choice alone. I have chosen to put out that I am a Freemason, but I wasn't forced, coerced, or compelled to do it. I still believe in Freedom.

"Grand Pontiff" is the name of the 19th degree in the Scottish Rite.
The title of "emperor" has been used in Freemasonry in the past.

Where was emperor ever used?

Pontiff: 1) Bishop. 2) Pontifex: a member of the council of priests in ancient Rome

The 19th degree is the first degree in the Council of Kadosh (which means Holy). Here is a brief description: We learn from the past and how it affects the present and the influence we live in the future in this degree. We as mortals strive to endure, produce and improve the world as it surrounds us. There is no apron, but the jewel is a gold "parallelogram" (rectangle) with a Greek Alpha on one side and an Omega on the other.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

it would be good if they had an open day in australian halls i`d be interested in seeing for myself

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by babalon1971

I found this link for Perth using Google. You should be able to find your area, and get in touch with any lodge you find. Most would be happy to show you around even without an open house. I would suspect you could even take pictures. Nothing to fear.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We had our State-wide open house yesterday and our lodge had a particularly good day with eight new petitioners. What was most interesting was that seven of them were all under 26 years of age so it would appear that Masonry, at least in my area, is attracting a much younger individual then usual.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join