It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain this, or relate to it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers.
At approx 8:56pm, UK time, I was walking my dog nearby to the small lake which is at the rear of my property.

I was waiting for my dog to finish sniffing about near mole holes, when I saw what I assumed to be a crow flying in the sky, but flying in a very very strange fashion, which I had never sen a bird fly in before, - very 'skittish' and irregular, and certainly un-birdlike.
The bird was, in size about 'three fingers wide' if my arm was held outstretched - so I am unsure of altitude.
I watched the bird (?) for about 10 seconds, and then it literally just disappeared as though it had popped out of existence.
Let me say there was no clouds anywhere near it - it did not drop to earth - it just was there one second, and then not there the next.

Let me say that I do not consume alcohol or drugs.
I have NEVER had any paranormal experience before.
I have lived in the countryside all of my life (am 36), and I am familiar with wildlife.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has a plausible explanation/similar experience or has seen any strange events similar in my locale. (Selby, north Yorkshire UK.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a bat to me, I may be wrong

Lines sorry

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind for me was a bat as well.
Due to their speed, size, and color they can disappear pretty quickly against the dark sky.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My nephew wouldn't leave our house tonight because there was a bat flying around....untill I asked him

"Do you think Batman would let that bat hurt you?"

He said no and got in my brothers car

Anything like this????

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This clip gives a better idea of how fast the little cuties are, then can look like they just disappear

Not sure where you are in UK but if you go to Hyde Park in London after sunset you can see dozens of them flitting around eating months and such

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hi all. no it was definitely not a bat. it was like a very large crow, moving slowly across the sky, but with awkward irregular skittish novements.

it wouldnt have been out of the ordinary really had it not just disappeared - i would have thought that 'a very large crow was having a weird flight'

i assure you all, not a bat, but very very strange.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Try out this bird identification site and see if you come up with anything

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
When i was reading your story and in the synchronity with a rune thread i just wrote in short before ( havent something to do with it since a couple of years!) i think of "hugin and munin" the two raven of odin... just my intention and intuition...
Seem to be a sign for me, but what they are to you? no plan?

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
When i was reading your story and in the synchronity with a rune thread i just wrote in short before ( havent something to do with it since a couple of years!) i think of "hugin and munin" the two raven of odin... just my intention and intuition...
Seem to be a sign for me, but what they are to you? no plan?

Peace

what do they symbolise?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I seen a silver object floating for about 10 seconds other day and just dissapear, No eveidence but i know what i saw, It was hovering, I asked my work partner whats this? He seen it with me, He aint really into ufos and was laughin till it dissapeard, Then he was quite shocked, I dont really take other peoples opnions into account, just use it for my own benifit,

It helped make a sceptic belive theres something goin on.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The two raven where sitting on the shoulders of odin, the one human that became a god by hanging on the worldtree and meditating about the runes (some say he invented them, some say he is one of the pre-jesus-figures (its nearly the same story aslike the one from horus...)) Later he was seen as god of war.
The two raven are sent out every morning at the dawn of day and come back to odin to whisper him the news.
"Hugi" is old nordic for "the thought" and "Mugi" for "memory" the ending "n" was a typical personification from a certain word in that time.
So to say they are the ambassadors of odin.

I had a similar occasion when i was meditating in a forest and making a huge rune ritual in front of a silver-ash tree.
It was a very strange place and situation.
When i woke up from my dreamtravel ( i was laying inside a natural circle) the head and antlers of a deer where directly above my face! There where other small animals and birds around the circle, too, maybe wondering about me. Very weird...
First i was a bit afraid but then the deer just walked away. I looked after him and then i was distracted by a croaking from the direction of the tree. There where two huge raven sitting on the to of the ash tree!
I had a strange feeling to stare at them and they saw me too.
It was like i got a message from them that was; " Go on! You´re on the right track! We are with you... We hope for your help."
They spreaded out their wings and flew up in the heavens.
I was asking myself if i was still in a trance-like state, but suddenly a wind blowed around the place and few raindrops fell onto my face that braught me back to reality.
I stood up and gazed in the heavens. The two raven where still flying circles above the place and then suddenly disolve like you described it...
very weird...

So for me the message was clear. Go on with my path with the runes and something else i dont want to talk about in public.

That this synchronity happened to me yesterday is once again such a call for me. What they mean to you, only you can know it.

Oh before i forget, i always see CROWS (not raven!) short before something very bad happens to others around me...
But i dont think that is related to your occasion...

Peace!

[edit on 29-8-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
Hello fellow ATSers.
At approx 8:56pm, UK time, I was walking my dog nearby to the small lake which is at the rear of my property.

I was waiting for my dog to finish sniffing about near mole holes, when I saw what I assumed to be a crow flying in the sky, but flying in a very very strange fashion, which I had never sen a bird fly in before, - very 'skittish' and irregular, and certainly un-birdlike.
The bird was, in size about 'three fingers wide' if my arm was held outstretched - so I am unsure of altitude.
I watched the bird (?) for about 10 seconds, and then it literally just disappeared as though it had popped out of existence.
Let me say there was no clouds anywhere near it - it did not drop to earth - it just was there one second, and then not there the next.

Let me say that I do not consume alcohol or drugs.
I have NEVER had any paranormal experience before.
I have lived in the countryside all of my life (am 36), and I am familiar with wildlife.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has a plausible explanation/similar experience or has seen any strange events similar in my locale. (Selby, north Yorkshire UK.

Could it have been a twilight/nighttime paraglider? Their apparatus looks really strange viewed in every direction and they usually glide in locations without powerlines, etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagickWithoutTears
I seen a silver object floating for about 10 seconds other day and just dissapear, No eveidence but i know what i saw, It was hovering, I asked my work partner whats this? He seen it with me, He aint really into ufos and was laughin till it dissapeard, Then he was quite shocked, I dont really take other peoples opnions into account, just use it for my own benifit,

It helped make a sceptic belive theres something goin on.

thats what i am trying to describe - there was no doubt that this was a bird or a very strange acting bird - it is the instant disappearance that has me baffled. there is something going on you're right i'm sure

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

nope - im pretty sure that this was part of the animal kingdom, but how would it disappear?

new topics

top topics

join