It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need A Revolution, Not A Movement- Chuck Baldwin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Great article. Points out what a lot of ppl dont see...check it out!

The elections of 2008 (and the early elections of 2010) produced two significant phenomena: the “Ron Paul Revolution,” and the “Tea Party Movement.” And, mark it down: both of them will have profound effects upon the upcoming November elections–and upon the 2012 elections as well. Call them what you want, however, America doesn’t need another movement; it needs a genuine revolution.

Full article

chuckbaldwinlive.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What I feel the union of the States of America, and the rest of the world, truly needs is self sufficient citizens willing to build their own infrastructure that circumvents corporate distribution lines; amongst other things. Sustainable living practices are key, as well. America seems to have become well seated in to a tradition of an active discourse on sociological and political conditions with little to no practical action. Once you make your everyday life 'cost' little to no money in dollars, then you have performed an integral act of dissent. It seems as if many have forgotten the true meaning of anarchy. Anarchy does not mean NO organization or local government. It means a system of mutual support, and self rule. Sadly, anarchy, at its very core, requires a set of 'morals' which need to be agreed upon, at least in a local sense. 'Morals' often are a point of contention, which leads to the collapse of self governed groups of people. Despite my doubts about he tendency of people to quibble over every possible disagreement one can imagine; I feel that if there are eventually enough of these small to mid-sized groups of autonomous people, we may be able to have some real congresses on the aforementioned concepts and fallibilities.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

Very well said.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I dont know movements have always worked for the libs about as well as revolutions.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

Once you make your everyday life 'cost' little to no money in dollars, then you have performed an integral act of dissent.

This has been promoted by many other ppl including myself.

The term that has been coined is "starve the beast".

Basically you withdraw as much as you can from their system,
and find other like minded individuals to do likewise.

The key points of survival:

1) Knowledge - knowing how to do and upkeep all 5.
2) Self defense - defend against 2 and 4 leg predators
3) Shelter - in extreme climate can die in less than a day
4) Water - 3 days is the limit usually
5) Food - its last cause you can go many days without it

Anything beyond this is just comfort, such as transportation.

Seeing the difference between wants and needs.

You need the 5 I listed, things you want are like:

Boat, car, bike, RV, big screen TV, satellite TV, cable TV,
expensive clothes, jewelry, tattoo's, cell phone [for most ppl],
swimming pools, hot tubs, churches, sports stadiums,
school buildings, and much more.

All of these things were not used in the past at some time.

For the religious ppl supposedly jesus taught ppl on the side of a hill.

The trillions spent on war and sports would go a long way to making
the earth a better place.

Religion brings in huge amounts of money and pays no taxes
and yet we tax the poor on their food, totally pathetic.

Some states finally stopped this practice such as Texas.

Some of the taxes we pay just go to fund the tax ppl themselves.

Ie. the tax just exists to make parasitic jobs.

Licenses and fees are often just another tax.

The system is broken from top to bottom, and some ppl are sick of it
and opting out of it all.

www.details.com...

Extreme path he took, but it shows that it can be done.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
what we need to do is stop giving a rip what celebrities think.

Since when did appearing in a few D-list movies give you automatic credibility in politics?

oh thats right, since Regan. I forgot.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
True revolution is not some spontaneous activity.

It has to built up and organised from the grassroots level, lead by flawed humans of integrity, not one, but by a few whom had known each other for years so that one' flaw can be recognised and be corrected.

It takes time, but rest assured that when the time comes to revolt, it will be peaceable and no one needs to lose their precious lives, as every angle would have been thought out to minimise disruptions, destructions and maximise all efforts to improve the lives of everyone, for which the true well organised revolution was created for.

Only chaos and unnecessary loss of lives can come from spontaneous events. Any one who preaches for spontaneous events are either village idiots or gets wet watching humans being murdered

top topics

join