It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Rally has over 750k attendees.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
---ATTENTION RELIGIOUS MEMBERS---

If you are wondering why everyone calls you close minded on this site, let me try to throw my 2 cents in. no special characters said it pretty well, but okay, we all know about the jesus story, but where did that come? from?listverse.com...
On that site you will find all the other jesus like figures throughout history. If jesus was this amazing saviour of humanity, what makes him ANY different from those other saviours? Many of those on that list were born on dec 25th born to a virgin baptized in a river and tempted by the devil only to prevail. When other gods just like the one you worship have the exact story of coming into being it starts to look like its nothing more than a fairytale, which is exactly the reason you are constantly ridiculed on this site.
As to the actual topic, that photo makes me sick to my stomach,how can 750,000 people just in that area be christian?! this country was not born a christian nation, the founding fathers HATED religion, especially christianity, as the people in charge, even they knew religion was just a system of the powerful controlling the masses.
By the way, I believe in god, god to me is more of a force, there is a constant state of creation on our planet, and on all of the life bearing planets. God would never be a person, the last thing it would be is a human.

If you are even a little religious, let me tell you, the path of knowledge is WAYYYY more interesting than the path of faith, except you better expect to not have comfort in numbers like the faith path has. As I am on the path of knowledge, the endless possibilities and simply the vast size of space makes religion look so pathetic, and frankly very boring, and kind of pointless, sorry sheeple

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yes, yes... big numbers. Woo hoo! And McDonald's has "Billions Served" even though it is poison-puke-food. And Titanic and Avatar are the biggest films ever. Americans love crap. They eat it up. Literally.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your Sad. Pissing all over Mosques? Thats actually pretty funny. Thanks for the idea. Next time I am by a Mosque I am going to whip it out and let it go. If I get some on a Muslim, thats even better! I would love to make a deal. If I had my way we would leave the middle east but kick every single muslim out of America. Then it would be a better place!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Today was pivotal folks. The Churches have come out and said they will no longer stand by and let the country be destroyed.

Hmm, seperation of Church and State maybe? If anything we need it more today then ever before. Way to many people speaking from "God's" pulpit trying to tell people what they should think and how they should vote and where they should spend their money. Make no mistake about it, when they talk about not letting the country be destroyed they actually mean "We will use any means to expand our following."

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

When the SHTF I am heading for the hills, and I recommend the same
for anyone else that will not try to impose on the ppl already there.

Heading for the hills? LOL. Do you not realize you already ought to BE in the hills? Waiting for the last moment just means you'll probably get shot by the (serious) folks already there.

Ha ha.

You're a cutie.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers drew 700,000 people to Watkins Glen race track for a concert in the summer of 1972. Good show, by the way.

As far as religious institutions entering the political arena, that should shut down their tax-free status immediately. And if the government decides to do it, then it'll be because the specific religious organization ceased to honor its inplied agreement to keep the sacred and the secular separate, as required by the Constitution. The church in question can refuse, but then the bill will simply add up until the state takes the property and holdings to pay the bill. Good luck fighting that one.

You fundies seem to have lost something. That much is obvious. But I don't think it's your country, regardless of what Beck and Palin try to suggest. Even Jesus refused to weigh in on Roman occupation. You should re-examine the clash between Jesus and Judas, and try again on what prompted that scenario. Judas could never see that Jesus' ministry was never suppose to take on City Hall. It ended up driving him to force Jesus' hand against the Romans, and that led to how we view Judas now.

Yes, Jesus' sacrifice "had to happen", but the betrayal was based on Judas trying to bring Jesus' heaven to Earth, and putting the ministry's values into a position of secular authority. That's what Judas' sin was, and that's something you folks need to think over.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by minigunner
If I had my way we would leave the middle east but kick every single muslim out of America. Then it would be a better place!

I think most of us would love to see the US leave the Middle East, but corporate, political and Israeli interests will prevent this from ever becoming a possibility.

But kicking Muslims out of America is betraying everything the nation ever stood for: equal right and opportunity and freedom of religion and freedom from persecution.
Religious persecution and ethnic cleansing are things that occur in dictatorships, which is ironically what Tea Party folks are afraid that America is becoming under Obama.

And I'm really all for restoring honor to America, it's just sad that you're all about 40 years late.
As far as I'm concerned America lost it's honer when it began napalming women and children in Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Oh, wow.. I'm shocked. Hordes of religious fanatics don't have control over the common man anymore, and they're upset. Boo hoo.

You mean they have to act like rational adults, and be reasonably minded with other adults who don't share their beliefs? You mean they have to stop trying to be so controlling and close-minded?

Non-sense. Time to hold a rally, folks.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The overhead pictures actually prove the 750k numbers are wholly imaginary. From the CBS article:

www.cbsnews.com...

"AirPhotosLive.com gave its estimate a margin of error of 9,000, meaning between 78,000 and 96,000 people attended the rally. The photos used to make the estimate were taken at noon Saturday, which is when the company estimated was the rally's high point."

Not very impressive when you factor in that Fox News has been rallying the troops for weeks.

**edit** Since the numbers in the OP's headline are completely made up... Does this need to be moved to "Hoax"?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Crimelab]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Wow, thats something to be proud about. 750,000 followers of a false belief system and mainstream news garbage buying it hook line and sinker.

It just goes to show how screwed we are as a country. Just when i think that people are starting to wake up and smell the bs, something like this comes out and i lose a little hope.

Oh, and if the church wants to voice their opinion on politics, they can pay taxes that are way overdue. Their tax free status is one of the biggest shams in the country. We could certainly use the money to help the hardworking middle class from getting taxed to death.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Fox News itself is embarrassed by the turnout. From their headline article:

www.foxnews.com...

"The crowd — organizers had a permit for 300,000 — was vast, with people standing shoulder to shoulder across large expanses of the Mall. The National Park Service stopped doing crowd counts in 1997 after the agency was accused of underestimating numbers for the 1995 Million Man March."

The crowd was.... VAST? That is the best Fox can come up with? There are plenty of ways to get an analysis of the crowd size, and plenty of other news organizations had no problem doing so. But Fox declares the crowd "vast" and moves on. LMAO.

Fox News was the main contributor, cheerleader, and beneficiary of this "rally" and they won't even put a number on it. That's pretty telling.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
cspan.org...

Both rally's can be watched here.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar

As to the actual topic, that photo makes me sick to my stomach,how can 750,000 people just in that area be christian?! this country was not born a christian nation, the founding fathers HATED religion, especially christianity, as the people in charge, even they knew religion was just a system of the powerful controlling the masses.

Well folks I think we have found proof of either 1)parallel universes or 2)a person that has had nothing but progressive influences through out their life time.
My oh my please back away from the computer, find an actual history book and read! Oops bad idea! Find a history book over 100 years old, a reprint maybe, and READ!
Most were Christian of one denomination or other.
They even held church in the capital building with a pasture from a different denomination each Sunday.
So many scream "separation of church and state" with no idea what the constitution says about it.
They were trying to keep the church from BECOMING the state, as it had in France and England, not keep church out of the state.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crimelab
**edit** Since the numbers in the OP's headline are completely made up... Does this need to be moved to "Hoax"?

I was wondering where that number came from... Since there was NO SOURCE posted. And no source I can find even estimates close to that.

The idea of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin restoring honor to this country is absolutely laughable! They are part of the problem! Neither of them knows what honor is. And the idea that masses of people follow them and show up to listen to their lies??? Shows the shape this country is in... :shk:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Good job at proving nothing, i said the founding fathers hated religion, not tried to keep church out of state, they needed church actually, they needed a way to control the masses(sheeple) such as yourself. Maybe you should read a little more closely instead of making yourself look like an idiot. Ignorance is blissful isn't it?

""No government can continue good but under the control of the people; and people so demoralized [lacking good morals] and depraved as to be incapable of exercising a wholesome control, their reformation must be taken up ab incunabulis. Their minds [must] be informed by education what is right and what wrong, be encouraged in habits of virtue and deterred from those of vice by the dread of punishments, proportioned indeed, but irremissible. In all cases, follow truth as the only safe guide and eschew error which bewilders us in one false consequence after another in endless succession. These are the inculcations necessary to render the people a sure basis for the structure of order and good government."" – Thomas Jefferson to John Adams (1819. ME 15:234)
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

This rally only proves the effect religion has on the sheeple.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
CBS had a number at 87,000. Yahoo used 10's of thousands. Even NBC used the term 10's of thousands to hundreds of thousands to estimate the size.

All these estimate have one thing in common. They are competitors getting their collective asses handed to them in ratings by Fox. It's their job to make the competition look bad.

Beck's audience in the afternoon has beat CBS evening news in number of viewers. No hard feelings or competitive juices here.

I'd estimate 250,000 to 350,000 from the aerial pics. Regardless, it's more than 87,000.

Funny thing, no media coverage on the size of Al Sharpton's march. Held at a high school football stadium, no more than 2000 to 3000 for that venue to fill. Wonder why???... To listen to the network news, it was just as big and had the same amount of time dedicated to it for live reporting.

GB made comments last Thursday about how the media will report the crowd. He predicted there would be wild claims on underestimation and over estimation to just put everything in a bad light. You raise as many doubts about anything you can to discredit the person and the message.

Regardless of the messenger. Looks like a butt load of people showed up to hear the message.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i]Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
reply to post by Quadrivium

Good job at proving nothing, i said the founding fathers hated religion, not tried to keep church out of state, they needed church actually, they needed a way to control the masses(sheeple) such as yourself.

And what is it you thought you proved?
The founding fathers hated religion? Lies prove nothing except your lose grip on reality.

Maybe you should read a little more closely instead of making yourself look like an idiot. Ignorance is blissful isn't it?

Sir I can assure you that your comment " the founding fathers hated religion" made you look like an idiot enough for the both of us. You must be a very blissful person indeed!

""No government can continue good but under the control of the people; and people so demoralized [lacking good morals] and depraved as to be incapable of exercising a wholesome control, their reformation must be taken up ab incunabulis. Their minds [must] be informed by education what is right and what wrong, be encouraged in habits of virtue and deterred from those of vice by the dread of punishments, proportioned indeed, but irremissible. In all cases, follow truth as the only safe guide and eschew error which bewilders us in one false consequence after another in endless succession. These are the inculcations necessary to render the people a sure basis for the structure of order and good government."" – Thomas Jefferson to John Adams (1819. ME 15:234)
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

If you had read a little farther on the site that you posted you would have seen this as well. Stop trying to spin everything to fit the way YOU want this country to be

"Religion, as well as reason, confirms the soundness of those principles on which our government has been founded and its rights asserted." – Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, (1815. ME 14:283)
""To put it in today's language, it was Jefferson's conviction that by nature, people are depraved, immoral and lacking self-control. He therefore believed that the only way that the American style of government could be maintained was to instruct everyone in right and wrong from birth, and train them toward good habits and virtue through disciplinary consequences. Political self-government, he said, requires that citizens be raised to despise dishonesty and embrace personal integrity through instruction and repeated admonitions. Religion and reason, he said, form the basis for our nation's foundations. Thomas Jefferson and the other founders built our nation upon Christian principles and ethics, and warned that America would morally disintegrate if it forsook its "religious" roots. Although such a foundation could not make our nation "Christian," we would be wise to listen to our predecessors and embrace our Creator and the Bible that communicates how to walk in morality and virtue.""
Did you see the part that reads "America would morally disintegrate if it forsook its "religious" roots."?
Look around at our country and you can clearly see the effects of this.
Open you heart as well as your mind ("religion, as well as reason").

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimelab

Really there were only 20 people there?!

What a JOKE.

Oh well, you are getting stars, so the liberal Media Matter trolls must be on my thread.

Hey folks, how is it having a job spreading propaganda?
You know that is the sign of a tyrannical government.
Cass Sunstein, Creel, Goebbels, all signatures of a tyrannical government.

You folks that BLATANTLY lie and actually attempt to get people to believe you is concerning.

Tell me mister propagandist, why do you not post a picture of another rally? Why do you not find some pictures of the Inauguration and we can compare them.

No, thought not.

As for everyone out there looking for a SOURCE, that source would be me.

I can believe my own eyes, I have a brain and can do comparative analysis.

How bout you folks, can you think for yourself? Or do you have to go over to Media Matters and get your talking points?

edit to add response to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, I have no mind and ability to use it.

Comparitive analysis is not that hard.
Using the inauguration cooked numbers of 1.8 million, this is easily 750k, hell, If using exactly the same process as the propagandist, I could say this is 1.3 million.

But seriously, using old rallies, protests, and inauguration, I stand by my estimate as being accurate.

Several other media outlets are saying anywhere between 250k and 500k.

I find those estimates to be low also.

Actually, I think this rally is about 300k less than the 9/12 rally. That one is hard to estimate since the government shut down photographs from the Washington monument.

Oh well, those believing the propaganda and spreading it are everywhere.

Some more insidious than others.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Show me WHERE in the Constitution that it states separation of Church and State.

Please oh intelligent one, please SHOW ME THE PROOF.

Here I will help you-

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

WELL LOOKY THERE.

No seperation of Church and State.
Hmmm, Congress shall make NO LAW.

Is that sentence too long for you to understand?

Would you like me to interpret if for you.

English may not be your primary language, I would understand if that being the case.

Do you need me to help you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join