It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel planning to attack Hezbollah arms depots in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Israel is planning to attack Hezbollah arms depots and weapons manufacturing plants in Syria, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al Rai reported on Saturday.

The report is based on Western sources who asserted that Israel has increased its military force level along the northern border in the Golan Heights and Mount Dov areas.

According to the report, Israel plans to attack Hezbollah weapons depots, including ones deep inside Syria that store long-range rockets.

The Al Rai report said that the situation on the Israel-Syria border is tense and that Syria could respond immediately to any Israeli attack and not demonstrate the restraint that it did after the Israeli Air Force bombed a suspected nuclear reactor in Syria in the fall of 2007.

According to the report, Syria's military is on high alert and is strengthening its anti-aircraft defenses along the border with Israel and at strategic sites within Syria.

Peace talks just a show as usual and recent reports stating Israel to stock up on $2 billion of fuel in case Iran shuts down the Straits, and build up of IDF weaponry & military exercises in the North of Israel... all add up to preparations for war. Who knows if this time really is it?

Israel Orders Massive Military Fuel Stocks

US to sell Israel massive military fuel stocks worth $2 bn

On Aug. 6, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency, DSCA, informed Congress of the sale to Israel of 60 million gallons of unleaded gasoline, 284 million gallons of JP-8 aviation jet fuel and 100 million gallons of diesel fuel at an estimated cost of two billion dollars.

the shelf life of JP-8 jet fuel is not long - no more than six to eight months.

Also Saturday, the Kuwait Al-Rai claimed that Israel is making its last preparations for an attack on the Hizballah missile stores located in Syria close to the Lebanese border, for which an IDF armored division has been called up.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Didn't we just buy Israel 20 something fighter jets, and a uprgraded missle defense system all on top of the 3 billion in aid we already give them??? How many people are going homeless in america for this?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Yep, 20 F-35's for $2.7 billion all paid for.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Israe l in final stages to attack alleged Hezbollah missile stores in Syria

"Israel has had for some time the intention to attack the strategic depots belonging to Hezbollah in Syria and which contain a high number of strategic long-range missiles," Al Rai newspaper reported on Saturday, quoting Western sources it did not name. The depots are located in remote areas in Syria, the paper said.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Star and Flag you beat me to it!

Looks quite ominous, is anyone else getting tired of the 'mine is bigger 'debate?

I think Israel is perhaps planning to take it's enemies one at a time, on this occassion however I think they will find a united front!

A few other sources carrying the story;

www.presstv.ir...

gulfnews.com...

www.upi.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
i double : Star and Flag you beat me to it!

they will not attack Iran before Lebanon or Syria get hit

it they do attack Syria and Lebanon ..
the answer will be yes about the coming big war with Iran
the USA will not help to attack Syria and Lebanon ..
Iran have said many time .. that a next attack on syria or Lebanon will be met with a military respond
USA is waiting for that response before getting wet

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Most governments dont invest big dollars like this unless there is a profit to be made later on .Wars cost money but can also make you money if you have a hand in the war industries,only a fool would buy this much kerosene and let it go to waste.burn baby burn

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
News today; Israel is urging Russia not to sell advanced missiles to Syria, for fear they could be used against Israeli ships, or end up in the hands of Hezbollah. Interestingly Vladimir Putin has stated that Russia does not renege on contracts that have been made and the deal will go ahead.

Really? Because I thought the Russian's pick and choose which contracts go ahead depending on the geopolitical moves the US makes.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Pop your pop corn and grab a case.... Its going to get interesting soon...

From what i have read, there are reports of IDF special forces being dropped into the mountains around the fueled reactor... the remaining reactors do not have fuel.

I think this is still going to happen... I know ,I know, I am twisted and shouldn't look forward to ww3... But i do, I think the only way for world peace... a World war that devastates the ENTIRE world... Only then will we all come together as a planet instead of pride/religious driven Govts.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Mysterious death of Russian military intelligence high-up in Syria

Gen. Yuri Ivanov, 52, deputy head of GRU, the Russian military's overseas intelligence arm of Russian military, was found dead in mysterious circumstances described in a terse official Russian eulogy on Aug. 30 as a tragic swimming accident "several days ago." No further details were provided such as where he died.

Hmmm, just after Israel protests over weapons sales to Syria.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What "remaining reactors"? I was only aware that Iran had enrichment facilities.

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by Ben81

Pop your pop corn and grab a case.... Its going to get interesting soon...

From what i have read, there are reports of IDF special forces being dropped into the mountains around the fueled reactor... the remaining reactors do not have fuel.

I think this is still going to happen... I know ,I know, I am twisted and shouldn't look forward to ww3... But i do, I think the only way for world peace... a World war that devastates the ENTIRE world... Only then will we all come together as a planet instead of pride/religious driven Govts.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Is there any type of map out there of the various assets and their positions?
Where the isreali subs are the carriers etc?
Id like to see that kind of illustration....any links?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I started this on another thread and very interested to find this one as well, my apologies as it rather fitting
Despite Israeli protests, Russia won't halt arms sale to Syria

Despite Israel's objections, Russia will not cancel its sale of advanced missiles to Syria, the Kremlin announced on Sunday. Haaretz reported on Friday that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had asked his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, to cancel the sale of long-range surface-to-sea cruise missiles to the Syrian Army.

I did read in a Russian website today , that Putin has routed more defence fund monies to ramping up their own military toys as well.
Busy Busy Busy

Sorry guys Russia not for sale atm, maybe due to the new pipeline sign off with China at the weekend.. and who saya Putin doesn't bring home the bacon..

new topics

top topics

join