It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Elders view of 5-6 hrs before 2012 and just after

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Where are your manners and decorum dumb1one? And you say I'm talking sh1t!? Geesh.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I found some interesting information about torsion fields, i was trying to find the link between torsion and DNA... this may help understand how gamma rays could possibly affect us.

Russian research posits an approach for describing many, if not all, the biopositive phenomena related to bioenergy healing and conscious intention. This research has postulated and tested the existence of "torsion fields."

Russian scientist Akimov and his team consider the quantum vacuum as a universal torsion wave carrying medium. The torsion field is said to fill all of space isotropically, including its matter component. It has a quantal structure that is unobservable in non-disturbed states. However, violations of vacuum symmetry and invariance create different, and in principle observable, states. These theorized "violations" and "invariances" may be what the energy practitioners are creating, which induces changes in the gamma radiation previously described.

The theory linking biopositive physiological effects of bioenergy therapies with radiation hormesis has been well described.4,5 Radiation hormesis is the concept of using small doses of ionizing radiation in a manner which has a beneficial affect on the body. In summary, whole body exposures of mammals to low-dose irradiation (doses

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AquariusDescending

My First trip was through the Yucatan Peninsula in 92; mayapan, Izamal, Coba, and other larger sites. I stayed about 2 months travelling through various villages and smaller locations as well. The interest in the culture and science of the Mayans stuck with me and returned to Yucatan, Chiapas, Guatemala and Belize every year until 1998. I would spend an average of 30-40 days per trip.
I was also lucky enough to work on Digs (usually grunt work) in various locations, but this gave access to University professors and archeologists, anthropologists and linguistics students about Mayan culture and beliefs, including points that we are discussing and debating.

I speak Spanish fluently, learned some Mayan on these trips, however there are large dialect differences from one region to the next.

On all my travels and studies, there was never a reference to shift change, Or end of ages, or consciousness shift, or any of the events presented and ascribed to Mayan cultural beliefs on this thread. I continue to communicate with people i met and we discuss the corruption of Mayan writings and beliefs in this regard.

The calender system we are discussing clearly extends past 2012 for several thousand years, this is not up for debate. 2012 is a Date artificially advertised for Hollywood, new age and cottage industry hype to generate income, nothing more.
There are no references to an event that will change humanity or other such mention regarding 2012 in Mayan culture or writings, this is something created in the last couple years by people quick to see potential in selling this ideal.
I cannot blame them for trying to put food on the plates of their children, but it should not be presented as accepted belief, it is not.

The astronomy and science of Mayans was particular interest to me, how they were able to achieve insight and discoveries, much of which were actually derived from Olmec civilizations. So it intrigued me even further and then studied Olmec cultures, which i continue to study today.

I STRONGLY urge people to research themselves, do not take second or third hand interpretations of these events by anyone including myself. Stay away from anyone trying to sell a product, but do some research on this independently. There is nothing more that will occur on Dec 21 / 22 of 2012 than will happen on Dec 21/22 of 2010. it will be just another day.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

who knows, all i did was put up a link to another forum where all people do is sit around and talk sh1t all day long - the link had the actual word in it, so i guess that lit up the auto-filters.
the point is you're annoying, you seriously don't have anything better to do than spam the boards with BS? pretty sad.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by sum1one]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Reflections

on ATS live last saturday night, they were playing a recorded interview from the guy "maybe...maybenot" talking about all kinds of different cancer research - the interview was REALLY long, went into TONS of detail - and being a survivor of cancer myself, I couldn't sit there and focus on it for the entire time... but anyway, he was talking about some huge machines that require like 200 people to operate, that basically have the ability to seek out and destroy individual cancer cells- i can't remember what the name of it was, he was saying there's only like 13 of them on the entire planet - maybe you could send him a U2U if you want more info... but anyway, the technology being used with those machines sounds kind of similar into the stuff you're talking about healing and torsion waves... at least it does to me when my "stupid" brain translates all the big, fancy, words into modern day english...

[edit on 6-9-2010 by sum1one]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
as far as this topic goes, I think everyone should simply go and take a look at this:

en.wikipedia.org...

read up on Timewave Zero / ZeroPoint and Terrence McKenna,
-the Chilam Balam (Mayan Prophets)
-Novelty Theory
-the I Ching
-Tortuguero

It's pretty much all here in this Wikipedia post, for more details simply read up more on each individual topic.

2012 is not the end of the world, it's the end of the world as we know it..

In my own personal opinion I honestly think it will be the year we make contact with extraterrestrials --and everyone will know about it, as in like a big UFO will be flying over the White House or something of that sort...
(I'm pretty certain we already have but the Government doesn't think we're ready to know.)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ariel bender

My First trip was through the Yucatan Peninsula in 92; mayapan, Izamal, Coba, and other larger sites. I stayed about 2 months travelling through various villages and smaller locations as well. The interest in the culture and science of the Mayans stuck with me and returned to Yucatan, Chiapas, Guatemala and Belize every year until 1998. I would spend an average of 30-40 days per trip.
I was also lucky enough to work on Digs (usually grunt work) in various locations, but this gave access to University professors and archeologists, anthropologists and linguistics students about Mayan culture and beliefs, including points that we are discussing and debating.

I speak Spanish fluently, learned some Mayan on these trips, however there are large dialect differences from one region to the next.

On all my travels and studies, there was never a reference to shift change, Or end of ages, or consciousness shift, or any of the events presented and ascribed to Mayan cultural beliefs on this thread. I continue to communicate with people i met and we discuss the corruption of Mayan writings and beliefs in this regard.

The calender system we are discussing clearly extends past 2012 for several thousand years, this is not up for debate. 2012 is a Date artificially advertised for Hollywood, new age and cottage industry hype to generate income, nothing more.
There are no references to an event that will change humanity or other such mention regarding 2012 in Mayan culture or writings, this is something created in the last couple years by people quick to see potential in selling this ideal.
I cannot blame them for trying to put food on the plates of their children, but it should not be presented as accepted belief, it is not.

The astronomy and science of Mayans was particular interest to me, how they were able to achieve insight and discoveries, much of which were actually derived from Olmec civilizations. So it intrigued me even further and then studied Olmec cultures, which i continue to study today.

I STRONGLY urge people to research themselves, do not take second or third hand interpretations of these events by anyone including myself. Stay away from anyone trying to sell a product, but do some research on this independently. There is nothing more that will occur on Dec 21 / 22 of 2012 than will happen on Dec 21/22 of 2010. it will be just another day.

You're very lucky to have had the opportunity to travel to the Yucatan and study these ancient cultures and sites. Unfortunately, you could not be more wrong about everything you posted. I love how you said you spoke Spanish "fluently" so as to give the impression that you had some kind of advantage over everyone communicating with the Mayan people, and so your words hold more credibility. It makes me wonder whether you really visited these sites like you say or whether you're just a lying sack of poop.

The Maya prophecy holds that "nine Gods" will descend from the sky and bring peace to the planet. These Gods were described as "the men of wisdom" by Mayan Elder Don Alejandro Oxlaj in an interview. A lot of the current living Maya in Guatemala and Mexico actually believe that there is going to be some type of pole shift and that we're going to "return back to the stars." Basically, the Maya end date 2012 is their version of the Christian Armageddon.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly

Basically, the Maya end date 2012 is their version of the Christian Armageddon.

Haha are you kidding?

It's the END of the calendar. End of the cycles (of which they needed to end somewhere).... NOT armageddon.

This 2012 thing has been blown out of proportion, twisted, spun and diluted so many times, that people are thinking one of two things:

1) Armageddon

2) Ascension

In reality, it's nothing more than the end of a cycle of the long-count calendar. There are NO mayan prophecies except the mis-translated stories from mayan descendants and pseudo-interpretations. This is nothing more than an on-going hoax, presented by new-agers, frauds, scam-artists and money-makers... and other wannabe authors and ill-researched fraudsters eager to cash in on this hype.

If you disagree, then i make you an offer. For all those who think the world will end or that we will shift dimensions on 2012

I offer you this:

If i'm still here in 2013, then you can all pay me £1000. If you guys are still here (which according to your beliefs you won't be) then you can cough up the money...

Deal?

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Basically, the Maya end date 2012 is their version of the Christian Armageddon.

Haha are you kidding?

It's the END of the calendar. End of the cycles (of which they needed to end somewhere).... NOT armageddon.

This 2012 thing has been blown out of proportion, twisted, spun and diluted so many times, that people are thinking one of two things:

1) Armageddon

2) Ascension

In reality, it's nothing more than the end of a cycle of the long-count calendar. There are NO mayan prophecies except the mis-translated stories from mayan descendants and pseudo-interpretations. This is nothing more than an on-going hoax, presented by new-agers, frauds, scam-artists and money-makers... and other wannabe authors and ill-researched fraudsters eager to cash in on this hype.

If you disagree, then i make you an offer. For all those who think the world will end or that we will shift dimensions on 2012

I offer you this:

If i'm still here in 2013, then you can all pay me £1000. If you guys are still here (which according to your beliefs you won't be) then you can cough up the money...

Deal?

DENY IGNORANCE

I too thought the same thing at one point; when I first discovered the Mayan Calendar and had not researched it enough. I find that most people who hold your belief are generally unresearched and naive people, especially when you consider the [poor] state of the world and the direction it is headed in. Then again, it might be a way of dealing with your fear. In psychology, when you predict that something will happen and believe it as if it were true, the prediction becomes true. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe you're just so full of fear and so unwilling to encounter change that you ignore all signs that the world is going to sh1t and just try convincing yourself that 2012 is just the end of a calendar in order to alleviate the fear and make yourself feel better.

Amid all the "diluted, twisted, blown-out-of-proportion" theories about what will happen in 2012, there is one that is actually based on observable scientific and historical fact; the theory presented by Swedish microbiologist and leading Mayan Calendar researcher Carl Johan Calleman. There was a large Mayan rock discovered in Coba Mexico with rows of hieroglyphs on it. Carl deciphered these hieroglyphs and found that they were time periods. He then laid these time periods over recorded history and found that the time periods coincided with major shifts or events that took place in history. We are on a schedule. Wake up.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My dear friends,

I found this information about the Mayan calendar very interesting, and in many respects, is the key to understanding exactly WHY the Mayan ended the calendar on this date, 21st Dec 2012.

The following is taken from Graham Hancock's website and the article was wrote by a chap called Thomas Razzeto.

Why the Maya Picked 2012 : The Sacred Triple Rebirth of the Sun and the Sacred Tree Over the Maya

The astronomy that will unfold in the sky directly over the Maya on the winter solstice of 2012 is the key to understanding why the Maya restarted their calendar on that exact day.

The sun will be in the middle of the dark rift, the Maya birth canal, on the solstice. The sacred tree will be above the Maya with the sun exactly between Mars and Venus.

The Triple Rebirth of the Sun

The third rebirth occurs when the sun moves into the middle of the galactic birth canal, the dark rift, and this can be referred to as the galactic rebirth of the sun and again, this happens once a year. So the three rebirths of the sun can be referred to as the daily rebirth, the solstice rebirth and the galactic rebirth. A triple rebirth of the sun occurs in the years around 2012 when the solstice rebirth and the galactic rebirth happen on the same calendar day.

For more on this, and there is six pages, read here > www.grahamhancock.com...

If reading is not your thing, here Mr Razzeto explains it in an easy to understand video >

www.youtube.com...

A lot to digest, I know, however, well worth a read IMO

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Reflections

Yea the people who channel "Cosmic Awareness" have very similar info about accension. It is the most detaied I've seen

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I too thought the same thing at one point; when I first discovered the Mayan Calendar and had not researched it enough.

How do you know my level of research? How??

I find that most people who hold your belief are generally unresearched and naive people, especially when you consider the [poor] state of the world and the direction it is headed in.

Actually i find your post offensive. For a LONG time i believed in this 2012 stuff and had done a lot of research into it. In fact if you check out my interests you'll see that i mention this very topic there.

I'm far from naive my friend.

Then again, it might be a way of dealing with your fear.

Fear? Of what? Did you even read my post. I'm the one claiming that NOTHING will happen. How can i be afraid of that?

In psychology, when you predict that something will happen and believe it as if it were true, the prediction becomes true. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So you're the one who thinks this will happen because you believe in it.

Maybe you're just so full of fear and so unwilling to encounter change that you ignore all signs that the world is going to sh1t and just try convincing yourself that 2012 is just the end of a calendar in order to alleviate the fear and make yourself feel better.

Maybe you're so full of fear that you latch onto the latest fad and use that as an excuse to justify the ills of the world with some pseudo-scientific / pseudo-spiritual trend, in a bid to excuse yourself from solving the real problems of the world, by justifying itself to you that something BIG will happen in 2012, thus excusing yourself from any responsibility.

Amid all the "diluted, twisted, blown-out-of-proportion" theories about what will happen in 2012, there is one that is actually based on observable scientific and historical fact; the theory presented by Swedish microbiologist and leading Mayan Calendar researcher Carl Johan Calleman. There was a large Mayan rock discovered in Coba Mexico with rows of hieroglyphs on it. Carl deciphered these hieroglyphs and found that they were time periods.

You talk as though I have ZERO knowledge of this, you think i have no idea about cosmic cycles and latent energies of our universe? Get a grip.

We are on a schedule. Wake up.

Schedule for what? A change?

So what, changes occur every second of our living lives, every minute and every hour. The end of the long cycle does not dictate that this will be any different.

YOU are the one being naive here, by justifying to yourself that the worlds problems were somehow beyond your responsibility.

Look to the future and not the past.

HERMANTINKLY - are you going to pay me £1000 if nothing occurs in 2012?

[edit on 6-9-2010 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 6-9-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My dear friend,

There was a large Mayan rock discovered in Coba Mexico with rows of hieroglyphs on it. Carl deciphered these hieroglyphs and found that they were time periods. He then laid these time periods over recorded history and found that the time periods coincided with major shifts or events that took place in history.

This sounds very interesting. I would love to know more about this find. Thankyou for giving me something to research. In the meantime, can you provide a link in which I can get started, please?

We are on a schedule. Wake up.

Indeed we are my friend. If you are refering to the coming shift, then Im 100% in agreement with you. If thats not what you mean, would you mind explaining otherwise, please?

Serioulsy, if the truth be known, I have not favoured your posts however, we are connecting on something here that could help us both greatly

Many thanks indeed,

Be safe be well,

Spiro

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE: Guys, please can you refrain from attacking each others believes with immature wording. We can share are beliefs on a more positive manner should we accept each others view points. Thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Calleman has no background whatsoever in archaeology and his interpretations are forced to fit his point of view. No serious scholar of the Mayans takes his research seriously and in fact many of the dates he uses do not correspond with the event that he claims it does. This is what Johan Normark, an actual archaeologist from Sweden, has to say about Calleman.

2012: Prophet of nonsense #1: Carl Johan Calleman – 2012? No, 2011!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

There are no Mayan prophecies associated with the end of the Haab calendar. That does not mean that some modern day charlatans have made up their own prophecies. it seems you have found one of these modern fakes.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ariel bender

You're very lucky to have had the opportunity to travel to the Yucatan and study these ancient cultures and sites. Unfortunately, you could not be more wrong about everything you posted. I love how you said you spoke Spanish "fluently" so as to give the impression that you had some kind of advantage over everyone communicating with the Mayan people, and so your words hold more credibility. It makes me wonder whether you really visited these sites like you say or whether you're just a lying sack of poop.

The Maya prophecy holds that "nine Gods" will descend from the sky and bring peace to the planet. These Gods were described as "the men of wisdom" by Mayan Elder Don Alejandro Oxlaj in an interview. A lot of the current living Maya in Guatemala and Mexico actually believe that there is going to be some type of pole shift and that we're going to "return back to the stars." Basically, the Maya end date 2012 is their version of the Christian Armageddon.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by hermantinkly]

First i was reading the post of aquarius and i thought like ohw okey, and then how you responded. And then i thought ohw yeah, what was i thinking. I knew what you knew, I feel stupid now, maybe thats wat Aquarius'ses are?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sarcasm
Gee, I wonder how the Mayan scientists and astronomers are doing these days. They must have made incredible advances in the last 2000 years, since they have been working continuously. End sarcasm

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The mayan people are now under close scrutiny by TPTB.

There are rumours many of their elders have been threatened on revealing anything else to the people.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

There are rumours many of their elders have been threatened on revealing anything else to the people.

Where did you hear these rumors? I am calling your bluff on this one. Did you make this up or is one of the 2012 hoax authors attempting to get in some extra book sales with a stunt?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join