It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Elders view of 5-6 hrs before 2012 and just after

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

This, of course, leaves room for a number of other dimensions (of my sort), within the same reference frame, which we don't use or can't recognize. I read an interesting theory some time ago that involved the same basic concept, but added OTHER reference frames, with complete dimensional systems, within them, which are alleged to be CO-EXISTENT with the one we recognize, but which are slightly "shifted", and more or less out of our view because of that shift in orientation. They are THERE, just not in our frame of reference. We would exist within them, yet be unable to perceive them.

You mean kinda like these?

Source: Rubik's

Wow I'm starting to think wayyy too much into this...
~2010 is the 30th anniversary of Rubik's Cube.
and.. it just so happens it was invented by Ernő Rubik, who was born in
Budapest, Hungary.

I don't know if any of you read any of the stuff I posted earlier about Hungary or not - there seems to be a LOT of coincidence here..

Ernő Rubik was born in Budapest, Hungary, July 13, 1944, during World War II. His father, Ernő Rubik, was a flight engineer at the Esztergom airplane factory, and his mother, Magdolna Szanto, was a poet.[1] He graduated from the Technical University, Budapest (Műszaki Egyetem) in 1967 as an architectural engineer and began postgraduate studies in sculpting and interior architecture. From 1971 to 1975 he worked as an architect, then became a professor at the Budapest College of Applied Arts (Iparművészeti Főiskola). He has spent all his life in Hungary.

"Space always intrigued me, with its incredibly rich possibilities, space alteration by (architectural) objects, objects' transformation in space (sculpture, design), movement in space and in time, their correlation, their repercussion on mankind, the relation between man and space, the object and time. I think the CUBE arose from this interest, from this search for expression and for this always more increased acuteness of these thoughts..."

In the early 1980s, he became editor of a game and puzzle journal called ...És játék ("...and games"), then became self-employed in 1983, founding the Rubik Stúdió, where he designed furniture and games. In 1987 he became professor with full tenure; in 1990 he became the president of the Hungarian Engineering Academy (Magyar Mérnöki Akadémia). At the Academy, he created the International Rubik Foundation to support especially talented young engineers and industrial designers.

Presently he is mainly working on video game development and architectural topics and is still leading the Rubik Studios.

He is known to be an introvert and hardly accessible person, hard to contact or get for autographs. He typically does not attend speedcubing events. However, he attended the 2007 World Championship in Budapest.[2][3] He also gave a lecture and autograph session at the "Bridges-Pecs" conference ("Bridges between Mathematics and the Arts") in July, 2010.[4]

Rubik is a member of the USA Science and Engineering Festival's Advisory Board[5].

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

USA Science & Engineering Festival is a science festival deemed the country’s first national science festival[1] by founder Larry Bock and will take place in Washington D.C. The inaugural event will be held from October 10, 2010 through October 24, 2010 and is planned to be a yearly event. The two week festival will culminate with a two-day Expo on the National Mall that will give over 500 science & engineering organizations from all over the United States the opportunity to present an interactive hands-on, science activity with the goal of engaging the general public and generating scientific excitement and awareness[2].

The Nifty Fifty program is a group of fifty nominated professionals in various areas of science and engineering who will interact and speak about their work and careers to middle and high school students across Washington DC in the fall of 2010. Speakers backgrounds are varied and span from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Medicine, Green Technology, Nanotechnology, Business, Physics, Astronomy, and Energy

The Lunch with a Laureate program is focused on a small group of middle and high school students across the Greater Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland areas. The purpose of the program is to engage students in informal conversations with a Nobel Prize winning Scientist over a brown bag lunch. The twelve different Laureates that will be participating in this program are: Dr.Leon M. Lederman, Dr.John C. Mather, Dr.William Daniel Phillips, Dr.Robert H. Grubbs, Dr.Alan J. Heeger, Dr.Dudley R. Herschbach, Dr.Phillip A. Sharp, Dr.Kary B. Mullis, Dr.Kurt Wuthrich, Dr.Douglas D. Osheroff, Dr. Baruch Samuel Blumberg and Sir Dr. Harry Kroto.

Satellite Festivals are being planned in the following cities: Austin, TX; Berkeley, CA; Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America;Champaign, IL;Chapel Hill, NC;Columbus, OH;DeKalb, IL;Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, NY;Houston, Texas;Middle River, MD;New Jersey;Oceanside, CA;Pocatello, ID;Pondicherry, India;Raleigh, NC;Ruskin, FL;Santa Ana, CA;Sewell, New Jersey (South Jersey);Stamford, CT;Tucson, AZ;Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR;Wichita, KS

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Ok.. so there's going to be a "Science and Engineering Festival" in Washington DC, in less than a month (October 10th - October 24th, 2010) and this is the first I've heard ANYTHING about it? Wait - I didn't even hear about it yet, I found out about it completely on my own - There hasn't been a single thing about this on the news anywhere that I know of.... ???

[edit on 3-9-2010 by sum1one]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yeah, even though i think nothing will happen, you can always hope. There is nothing wrong with having a bit of taith in this, esp considering how bad the world is at the moment. But i would say to people don't put all your faith in this.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
People are getting very distracted here.

Listen to what the Mayan Elders are saying. Someone posted a video of Don Alejandro on a talk show earlier in the thread. Everyone should watch that.

Here is also Drunvalo Melchizedek presenting a similar message based on what the Maya and other indigenous peoples are saying:

The message is to connect back to your heart. We have lost that connection and only think with our brains now. There are neurons in your heart too. Learn to "think" with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

Yeah, similar to some of those illustrations. The conception I get is more like the cube than the linear formations, being more or less "concentric", but with each reference frame oriented on a slightly different angle.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yeah, similar to some of those illustrations. The conception I get is more like the cube than the linear formations, being more or less "concentric", but with each reference frame oriented on a slightly different angle.

Ok.. so it's more like this one?

Rubik's Cube inventor is back with Rubik's 360
Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

It’s from Rubik’s and it is round?!
The Rubik’s 360 has arrived. The 360 is spherical as opposed to cube-shaped, transparent rather than solid, but it’s very, very Rubik’s.

www.rubiks.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

Yes, that would be one way of conceptualizing it. Another would be the geometric figure - I think it's called a "merkaba" - which consists of two pyramidal structures bisecting one another. Now imagine that you are at the center of such a structure, but can perceive only ONE of the pyramids, because the other is, for lack of a better term, out of "phase" with your reference frame. It's reference frame "points in a different direction" than the one you can perceive.

It's no less real, and it's no less there, you simply have no way, at the moment, of "seeing" it, or anything associated with it's reference frame. Even those things which occupy the same "space" that YOU do, but which are out of "phase" with you. The phase they are in is tied to the reference frame that is out of your perceptions.

Now, imagine that situation multiplied by infinite possible "phase" adjustments, each with it's own pyramid structure, each with it's own reference frame, pointing in it's own "direction", each out of "phase" with the rest, and undetectable by any of the others, even while all occupy the same "space".

I fear that I'm not making any sense, and lack the words to explain the concept.

[edit on 2010/9/4 by nenothtu]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm trying to follow you, but yes it is confusing..

the best I can do is stuff like this:

I also had a "vision" once, for lack of a better term.. but I'm not having any luck finding a good picture for it to try and explain it.

I envisioned a pyramid, but pictured myself traveling thru a complex maze inside of it... and when I finally figured out how to get from start to finish (from the bottom to the top), I realized that there was just another "pyramid maze" resting on the top of the one I just exited. Best picture I can find that looks anything similar to this is the following - despite the fact that it's not a Pyramid, but rather a Labyrinth - it shows the general idea very well.

Ah I got lucky.. this one, while still not a pyramid does a VERY good job of showing what I'm trying to explain:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
On another note, I find it ironic that today is the 25th anniversary of the "Buckyball"

Google celebrates 25 years of the 'buckyball'

Google Doodle marks the discovery of the spherical molecule Buckminsterfullerine, the first of the ball-shaped family of particles

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

Yes, the second picture, the one with the pyramid, with a second pyramid inverted and occupying the same space, but a slightly different shade of green - that's the sort of geometric figure I'm talking about.

The figure itself is unimportant. the important thing is that they occupy the same space, but their reference frames are in entirely different directions. The extrapolation is that while you exist in both frames, you can only "see" or "experience" one. The other is out of "phase" with your sensory apparatus.

The other figure, the one you can't see, is just as real, just as "there", just as solid, and contains "things" and "stuff" just as your frame does, but it and all associated with it is out of your field of perception, by virtue of the phase difference.

All of this occupies the same space, but only a fraction of it can be "seen" or "touched" - just that subset associated with your own frame of reference.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
"Listen to what the Mayan Elders are saying. Someone posted a video of Don Alejandro on a talk show earlier in the thread. Everyone should watch that.
Here is also Drunvalo Melchizedek presenting a similar message based on what the Maya and other indigenous peoples are saying:"

I am sorry, but it is only a few individuals are saying these things. If you travel to Yucatan, Southern Mexico, Guatamala and Belize where Mayan people live and try to discuss what these individuals are saying it will invoke laughter and ridicule.
The Mayan people do not subscribe to these myths, beliefs or philosophies. There is a culture being hijacked to spread false impressions and beliefs.

It is fine for someone to state they believe these things, or this is their interpretation, but when is is presented as the culture believes this, or is somehow supported by the belief system, then it becomes an issue and should be called out.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

perhaps we will be able to see into the "spirit realm", i've seen a lot of stuff about how "spirits" are always around us, just here on another plane - that is supposably a few feet above us..

in other words if you saw the spirit of a person walking around, it might look like they were walking on people's shoulders...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ariel bender
"Listen to what the Mayan Elders are saying. Someone posted a video of Don Alejandro on a talk show earlier in the thread. Everyone should watch that.
Here is also Drunvalo Melchizedek presenting a similar message based on what the Maya and other indigenous peoples are saying:"

I am sorry, but it is only a few individuals are saying these things. If you travel to Yucatan, Southern Mexico, Guatamala and Belize where Mayan people live and try to discuss what these individuals are saying it will invoke laughter and ridicule.
The Mayan people do not subscribe to these myths, beliefs or philosophies. There is a culture being hijacked to spread false impressions and beliefs.

It is fine for someone to state they believe these things, or this is their interpretation, but when is is presented as the culture believes this, or is somehow supported by the belief system, then it becomes an issue and should be called out.

THANK YOU.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by sum1one

Yes, the second picture, the one with the pyramid, with a second pyramid inverted and occupying the same space, but a slightly different shade of green - that's the sort of geometric figure I'm talking about.

The figure itself is unimportant. the important thing is that they occupy the same space, but their reference frames are in entirely different directions. The extrapolation is that while you exist in both frames, you can only "see" or "experience" one. The other is out of "phase" with your sensory apparatus.

The other figure, the one you can't see, is just as real, just as "there", just as solid, and contains "things" and "stuff" just as your frame does, but it and all associated with it is out of your field of perception, by virtue of the phase difference.

All of this occupies the same space, but only a fraction of it can be "seen" or "touched" - just that subset associated with your own frame of reference.

That's a horrible analogy to describe dimensions. A better way to put it is that we're like fish in the sea, completely oblivious to the fact that there are fishermen on boats scoping us from above. Sometimes, the fishermen can stick their hands through the water and interact with the fish, and the fish won't know what [snip] they're seeing. To them it's bait.

Removed censor circumvention

From the Terms & Conditions of ATS:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 4/9/10 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I am sorry, but it is only a few individuals are saying these things.

When was the last time you counted, if I may ask?

If you travel to Yucatan, Southern Mexico, Guatamala and Belize where Mayan people live and try to discuss what these individuals are saying it will invoke laughter and ridicule.

Laughing and ridiculing others -- doesn't sound like you have been talking to very mature people anyway.

When was the last time you traveled to these places and talked to these people? Where did you talk to them? Did you go out away from technology into their traditional communities?

Hijacked by --- their chief Elder?

Or do you have evidence that this man isn't a Mayan Elder at all? Because that is something I'd really like to see, and with a better source than an anonymous internet blog if you can muster it.

Sure, but only if you have the evidence to back your rants.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by electropop

That picture is only being used becuase you cannot put an image on beings of the 4th dimension for if you listened to drunvalo he explains everything is possible to create becuase your creating from the heart space and he goes on to explain one of the first things most people do when they shift over is change there APPEARANCE

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly

That's a horrible analogy to describe dimensions.

I agree, it IS a terrible analogy to describe dimensions. That's because I'm not describing dimensions there. I've already described dimensions far earlier in the thread. That is an attempt on my part to illustrate a theory I heard about some time ago, and it has nothing at all to do with dimensions, which are vectors having both direction and magnitude, and which are nearly meaningless alone, until combined with others to form a referential framework.

This theory proposes that there are more than one referential framework available simultaneously. Has nothing to do with dimensions, either as conceived of by myself, or anyone else here.

A better way to put it is that we're like fish in the sea, completely oblivious to the fact that there are fishermen on boats scoping us from above. Sometimes, the fishermen can stick their hands through the water and interact with the fish, and the fish won't know what [snip] they're seeing. To them it's bait.

Was that an attempt to describe dimensions? It seems so, but possibly that wasn't your intent. At least I HOPE that wasn't your intent.

If it WAS, though, I can live with your belief in that sort of arrangement, and I can even live with you calling it "dimensions". Whatever floats your boat.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nenothtu
Was that an attempt to describe dimensions? It seems so, but possibly that wasn't your intent. At least I HOPE that wasn't your intent. If it WAS, though, I can live with your belief in that sort of arrangement, and I can even live with you calling it "dimensions". Whatever floats your boat.

Neanderthu, your last post was a testament to your poor understanding of quantum physics, and I am -- by no stretch of the mile -- a science type (although I am neither religious). The funny thing is that renowned theoretical physicist Michio Kaku used the exact same analogy as I did to describe dimensions in an interview last year. Say, in what part of Miami did you say you lived in again? I'm going to be in Miami Lakes next week for US Labor Day vacation, no lie. LETS DO THIS BIG DAWG, HOOOAH.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AquariusDescending

Thank you for the response Aquarius, allow me ;

Quote;
""When was the last time you counted, if I may ask?""

Luckily There are very few people using Mayan cultural beliefs to support their own explanations of the "shift", "transmutation", "end of ages", etc, etc, etc. They are easily found, just follow the offers for DVDs, Videos, Books and Crystals for sale blessed in special ceremonies.
I would estimate their numbers at about a dozen, those that actually promote calendar fraud and spread corruption of Mayan culture on wide scale.

Quote;
"Laughing and ridiculing others -- doesn't sound like you have been talking to very mature people anyway.
When was the last time you traveled to these places and talked to these people? Where did you talk to them? Did you go out away from technology into their traditional communities? "

Anyone that hijacks a culture and corrupts its teachings for financial gain SHOULD be ridiculed, laughed at and more. The internet is a great tool unfortunately as any tool it can be used for malevolent acts as well.
I was last in these regions in 1998, travelling through them since 93. There are too many villages and regions to list, from Yucatan to Honduras. The time would not matter, unless your point is they rediscovered their own beliefs in the last few years?

Quote;
""Hijacked by --- their chief Elder?
Or do you have evidence that this man isn't a Mayan Elder at all? Because that is something I'd really like to see, and with a better source than an anonymous internet blog if you can muster it.""

Who is their Chief "Elder"..? who appointed him to that position? What groups in Mayan lands recognize Him..? the only people calling him Elder are those buying books and videos or getting a slice of profits.

Quote;
"Sure, but only if you have the evidence to back your rants"

Not a rant, ive been there and done the research, in addition Anyone can Google Mayan Calendar fraud, or some of the people claiming to be Elders, and research them as individuals, would strongly recommend it. Or, if possible to physically visit.

Its not brain surgery, their claims simply do not match up to what is Known about Mayan cultures and astronomy, or calender system they used.
What seems to be occurring is the same group of people swing from new age to indigo children-saving-the-world to corrupting Mayan beliefs...as one system does not work out or prove itself, another is substituted in its place. There is almost a desperation, and these "Elders" are feeding upon that.

The true sadness is we do not need to commit fraud or embellish what our ancestors did, their accomplishments are incredibly and defy our understanding.
Maybe this is the problem, they accomplished so much with so little we cannot accept as is, or give credit to their discipline and sciences

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My dear friend,

Originally posted by earthdude
There are a few people who proclaim to be Mayan leaders.

I have met quite a few Mayan elders [leaders] and their tribes whilst travelling Mexico back in 2000.

The truth is that the Mayan civilization is gone. They moved into the jungle and lost the culture.

The Maya civilization is still going strong to this day and their culture is still very much alive.

Any person who claims to be a Mayan is pulling your leg.

Whilst in Mexico, my wife and I got married there, by a Mayan elder. He sure didnt pull my leg

A few practices remain in the people, but the culture was lost. It is being reinvented by con artists.

Please read and better educate >

There are an estimated 7 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century.[1] Ethnic Maya of Guatemala, southern Mexico and the Yucatan Peninsula, Belize, El Salvador, and western Honduras have managed to maintain substantial remnants of their ancient cultural heritage. Some are quite integrated into the modern cultures of the nations in which they reside, while others continue a more traditional culturally distinct life, often speaking one of the Mayan languages as a primary language.

en.wikipedia.org...

Go to Tulum near Can Cun and guides there will make up stories about the pyramids to entertain you. This is the same thing.

Or, go of the beaten tuorist track and meet with them in person, and be told the truth.

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Quote;
""When was the last time you counted, if I may ask?""

Luckily There are very few people using Mayan cultural beliefs to support their own explanations of the "shift", "transmutation", "end of ages", etc, etc, etc. They are easily found, just follow the offers for DVDs, Videos, Books and Crystals for sale blessed in special ceremonies.
I would estimate their numbers at about a dozen, those that actually promote calendar fraud and spread corruption of Mayan culture on wide scale.

Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough, but that was not what I was asking.

When was the last time you went around and talked to hundreds or thousands of Mayan people, to get a consensus for what they actually think?

Quote;
"Laughing and ridiculing others -- doesn't sound like you have been talking to very mature people anyway.
When was the last time you traveled to these places and talked to these people? Where did you talk to them? Did you go out away from technology into their traditional communities? "

Anyone that hijacks a culture and corrupts its teachings for financial gain SHOULD be ridiculed, laughed at and more. The internet is a great tool unfortunately as any tool it can be used for malevolent acts as well.

How do you know you're not perpetrating a malevolent act right now?

Even if this is the case, laughing and ridiculing the people who believe these things would not be the way to correct them. The way to correct them would be to explain why exactly they are wrong, using real reasons, not generalizations and opinions based on vague feelings.

I was last in these regions in 1998, travelling through them since 93. There are too many villages and regions to list, from Yucatan to Honduras. The time would not matter, unless your point is they rediscovered their own beliefs in the last few years?

No, I am really interested in your story. So tell me what number of them you stopped and questioned individually about these things?

Quote;
""Hijacked by --- their chief Elder?
Or do you have evidence that this man isn't a Mayan Elder at all? Because that is something I'd really like to see, and with a better source than an anonymous internet blog if you can muster it.""

Who is their Chief "Elder"..? who appointed him to that position?

Does it matter? I don't know who appointed the Queen of England either, does she not exist?

Sounds like you haven't done any more research on this guy than me, but you have a reason to doubt he's a chief Elder when he's even been on public TV representing his village, etc.?

What groups in Mayan lands recognize Him..? the only people calling him Elder are those buying books and videos or getting a slice of profits.

Again you make quick and easy accusations without facts. Just because others have done things like this in the past doesn't automatically mean everyone is doing it. Present evidence please. Even those you are ridiculing make MUCH better of an argument for what they are saying than you are now.

Quote;
"Sure, but only if you have the evidence to back your rants"

Not a rant, ive been there and done the research, in addition Anyone can Google Mayan Calendar fraud, or some of the people claiming to be Elders, and research them as individuals, would strongly recommend it. Or, if possible to physically visit.

What exact claims made by Don Alejandro on the TV show, can you refute with "research"? This will be good. Because you are most probably going to start attacking straw-men arguments that he never even made to begin with.

You also have to realize I've seen videos of people in the jungles, with the Mayan villages, and they have no use for money. Maybe you were "going through" the wrong villages. All I know about you is that you're a basically anonymous internet forum poster, which means I haven't even really seen so much of a video of you in any jungle.

If you are going to make it come down to their word versus your word, I can tell you right now that would be a losing battle for your sake, in the position that I know you here. But if you have actual reasons and evidence then that would be different than just asking someone to take your word for it, and making lots of generalizations.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join