It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Elders view of 5-6 hrs before 2012 and just after

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtuBecause he exhibits all of the symptoms of a "True Believer", same as any fundamentalist of any other sect or religion. They challenge his belief system, his "religion" if you will. Further, such violent reaction often betrays an underlying insecurity. What is perceived as a "challenge" MUST be met in such manner, lest is shake his belief at it's very core.

A person questions your irrational interpretation of 2012 -- rooted in fantasy and magic -- and you automatically consider them a "true believer" of a sect or religion because you think it challenges their beliefs? Wow, just wow. Do you honestly think this babble would be well received on any other forum on the internet (specifically, one that favors scientific skepticism and rationality)? You have to be out your mind if you think a normal, sane person is going easily accept this nonsense into their belief system without question and scrutiny. Oh yeah, we're all going to "shoot light beams from our pineal glands and dream for five days until we awaken to discover our bodies made of pure energy come 2012." That sounds very plausible. How in the everliving *snip* does anyone even come to know something like that and be certain of it? The future is not set in stone; nobody knows what's going to happen in 2012. This is new territory. The creativity of man well determine the course of the future.

When your life reaches a point where you can no longer see the light on the other side for whatever reason, or when you're tired of living a life of fear and anxiety, you start looking for hope wherever you could find it. Unfortunately for some people who are not using their intuitions, they find this hope in any one of the new age misinterpretations of 2012; interpretations that reinforce the notion of a wonderful "magical reality" on the other side, and interpretations that tell you that you don't have to do anything to get there -- to "be and not do anything" so to speak. This is insidious. This is a way of keeping you distracted from realizing that you are responsible for creating your own life, no matter how bad it is right now. It's a way of telling you that you don't have to do anything to change it because it'll all fall into perfect place when the time is right.

This Drunvalo character is David Wilcock with a spiritual touch. They both make ridiculously outrageous claims without absolutely any supporting evidence, and make a lot of money in the process. You can tell just by looking at one of his interviews that he has bad energy and he's full of *snip*. At one point he says he can't share the knowledge that the Mayan elders gave to him and then breaks out in condescending laughter. That doesn't seem like something a spiritually enlightened being would do. He's clearly someone trying to make a quick buck off gullible people whose lives have spiraled downward (you). He probably doesn't even believe half the things he says. Wake up.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by hermantinkly]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

Ah, I see. To me, a dimension is best described as a vector, a "line" segment that has both magnitude and direction. For length, width, and height, the "magnitude" would be distance (ANY distance, from the micro to the macro), and "direction" for each would be relative to the others, and perpendicular, each being at right angles to the other two. Note that I said relative to the others. There is no "absolute" orientation, each is only constrained by having to be perpendicular to the others, but all are in the same frame of reference, which may differ from other reference frames.

Time, the 4th dimension, would also have magnitude and direction, but it's hard to describe the orientation, other than to say that to be associated with the other 3, it too must be in the same frame of reference, and consistently oriented within it, respective to the other 3.

This, of course, leaves room for a number of other dimensions (of my sort), within the same reference frame, which we don't use or can't recognize. I read an interesting theory some time ago that involved the same basic concept, but added OTHER reference frames, with complete dimensional systems, within them, which are alleged to be CO-EXISTENT with the one we recognize, but which are slightly "shifted", and more or less out of our view because of that shift in orientation. They are THERE, just not in our frame of reference. We would exist within them, yet be unable to perceive them.

What you describe sounds sort of like that, or perhaps nested boxes, each with it's own dimensionality, but some being outside the perceptions of inner reference frames. Not really coexistent (within the same space), but more enveloping.

So yes, in my opinion it's only a matter of perceptions, definitions, and references.

Sorry it looked like I was logged on - I didn't extract myself from this machine until 5 am or so my time, and neglected to log out when I cut the power and destroyed my "fix".

Edit to add: I neglected to mention that in the theory I spoke of, there is room for infinite "other" reference frames, because there are infinite directions or orientations in which they can be "pointed", relative to all the others. In order to "see" another one, however, there would have to be some sort of linkage made between the two, such that a consistent "translation" between them could be effected.

[edit on 2010/9/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

MY irrational interpretation of 2012? Have you not been following very closely, or are you just incapable of rational observation?

In case you hadn't noticed, I'll point it out for you - I don't buy into the 2012 hype, either. However, I'm secure enough in my own beliefs to not feel a need to attack these folks or irrationally lash out at them for THEIR beliefs.

I reserve that distinction for the True Believers.

Me, I'd rather discuss things like an adult.

Can you explain WHY you feel a need to lash out against the "other", if it isn't fear based? More specifically, how does THEIR beliefs affect YOU, or your own world view, to that degree?

I mean EXPLAIN, not go off on another emotion-laden rant, complete with expletives and verbal assaults of name-calling.

How does THEIR belief system threaten YOURS to that degree?

[edit on 2010/9/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

MY irrational interpretation of 2012? Have you not been following very closely, or are you just incapable of rational observation?

I case you hadn't noticed, I'll point it out for you - I don't buy into the 2012 hype, either. However, I'm secure enough in my own beliefs to not feel a need to attack these folks or irrationally lash out at them for THEIR beliefs.

I reserve that distinction for the True Believers.

Me, I'd rather discuss things like an adult.

Can you explain WHY you feel a need to lash out against the "other", if it isn't fear based? More specifically, how does THEIR beliefs affect YOU, or your own world view, to that degree?

I mean EXPLAIN, not go off on another emotion-laden rant, complete with expletives and verbal assaults of name-calling.

How does THEIR belief system threaten YOURS to that degree?

What is rational observation exactly? Surely, I'm not capable of something that doesn't exist, lol. I love people who pull words out of their asses to make themselves sound less retarded than they are. Read the latter half of my last post, genius.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

hermantinkly, to be honest, you don't sound like a very nice person. Why attack people on a disscussion that does not effect you in any way. Do you just get off on doing that.

The sad thing with people like you, is your belief system makes you hate these people as if they are muderers, or something else on that level. Why?

I don't believe anything will happen on 2012. I hope im wrong, i really do. But that does not mean im going to come on here and attack everyone who believes in this.

From what i can tell, most of the people on this thread are decent people who just want the best for this planet. Now, what's wrong with that?

Sounds to me your are the type of person who justs likes to attack people online. Maybe it makes you feel hard, maybe you can only get away with it online because in real life, you are like a mouse, who knows.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There are a few people who proclaim to be Mayan leaders. The truth is that the Mayan civilization is gone. They moved into the jungle and lost the culture. Any person who claims to be a Mayan is pulling your leg. They are all in Central American countries and Mexico, and that are the cultures they belong to. A few practices remain in the people, but the culture was lost. It is being reinvented by con artists.
Go to Tulum near Can Cun and guides there will make up stories about the pyramids to entertain you. This is the same thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

"Colossal moron". "ignoramuses".

Nice. Way to put your lack of ability to support your own points on display for all the world to see. S'ok, I've been called far worse, by much better people. You can't even begin to compete with them.

You addressed NONE of my points, neither simultaneously nor separately. None. It appears that the lack of reading comprehension is on your part if you can't grasp even the simple questions I've asked of you. That's not my problem.

Internet anonymity works both ways, it appears. I'm reasonably certain that you wouldn't have anything NEAR the degree of testicular fortitude you affect here were we face to face, per your insinuation. Did I say "reasonably certain"? I'm ABSOULTELY certain. You know nothing of me nor my history. Unlike you, however, I don't try to hide it, neither the good NOR the bad. It's all over ATS, just for starters.

I've run into your type before, on numerous occasions. They're ALL big and bad, until the rubber meets the road. You're no different. You can always tell, because they start out shooting off their mouths, rather than engaging their brains.

They tend to lick their wounds afterwards rather well, assuming they can still move. All mouth, no ass to back it up. It's probably a good thing you can hide behind your monitor and sling threats about the "one way tickets to the afterlife", rather than soil yourself in any sort of "face to face" confrontation.

Should you ever work up the nerve for your "face-to-face", pack a lunch, bring friends, and a change of underwear.

If you think I'm BS-ing you in the slightest, feel free to investigate me. I'm not hard to find at all.

Now, rather than derail this thread any further with your trollish antics, this will be my last response to you, unless you can manage to pull a modicum of intellect up from somewhere, and gain an even footing.

You have the last word, sir. Make it count, if you can.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Without having to read through the entire thread, I've already sensed something `fishy`, if you will. My first thought is: humans will save themselves first and then forget out their pets trapped indoors. How about those pet stores and zoos? Aren't these animals supposed to go outdoors and into nature as well? I think we are being fool and selfish.

[edit on 2010-9-02 by pikypiky]

Yeah, way back on page 7 of this thread, a couple of us addressed the animal issue, and never got any type of answer, theoretical or otherwise. I, for one, would want my pets with me, on whatever the adventure turned out to be.

If my house windows were to break down into the sand they started out as, I would be holding my animals for warmth
because in December the temperatures around here are way below freezing, usually around -20 to -30 celcius.

I guess the theory of stuff breaking down to their original elements would free any animals in pet stores or cages, I would hope.

The issue of just going to sleep in nature for 3 to 5 days would freeze to death anyone in the northern hemisphere. I guess that would be a sort of change
Living to non-living.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

[edit on 3-9-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think its obvious that your are just a little troll. I would suggest that the Op block you from this thread. Yes, im english too, and i feel a bit ashamed that you are from England too. But going by your messages, i would say you were in your late teens.

Its obvious that you get off on insulting people online. Normaly, people like this would not hurt a fly or argue back, but the internet gives you the confidence to do this

If you don't like this thread, then leave it. Why are you still here?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The sniping stops HERE.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

This is a good point. Also, what about people who are not capable of knowing something happening. I keep on hearing that we need to be Prepared, or we will be left behind. What about the handycapt, say people who have a mental age. Or what about children? or tribes who live in deep forests and have no contact with the outside world.

The only reason i bring this up is because the documentery that i have just watch. They said if we are not Prepared, then our vibrations will be too low, and will not be able to make the change.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Will the cold areas of the earth somehow be warmed up or are we just dead up here in the cold of winter.

I can't see people "gathering" around the area of the Mayans. Too many people on earth now. As well as border controls.

Too many things unknown or at least never mentioned in any of the websites. All of these types of events seem to be centered around a temperate or tropical climate. No amount of love or positive feeling is going to be around to outweigh the negative feeling of freezing to death, if my windows, insulation, and wood stove disintegrate.

Of course, if objects do start disappearing around me on that fateful date, I will be the first to say "oh crap". And try to stay positive and happy while I hug my dogs, freezing and naked, sitting in the snow.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join