It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn the TV Off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So your saying people shouldnt watch shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire?

Those shows are truly phenominal and i personaly enjoy watching them. If it werent for tv i would never have watchd them, unless i downloaded them BUT THEN THATS ILLEGAL EH

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I make one exception to my rule: Sunrise Earth. It's just the sights and sounds of nature. I also use my TV for a music channel.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

You should turn off ATS..... And the internet because those are more brainwashing than the TV ever will be... There is no NWO..............

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Sounds like you need to do some reading.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Sounds like you need to get your head out of the clouds and come back down to reality.... I have done a lot of reading BTW. And there is NO evidence to suggest anything of the sort.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Okay. I hear you.

The NWO is a plan. Anyone interested in knowing the plan should do a search and read the words of the planners themselves.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You're absolutely right.

Proof, for me on a personal basis and I can only hand out my own experience: When I don't watch the telly, my dreams are insightful, more peaceful and calm.

When I watch even a little snip here or there on the boob tube (amply named) my dreams are dark, confusing and unseattling.

TPTB are programming the masses through multiple levels and that is why it is so hard to be able to put a finger on the exact way this is being done.

I believe by subliminal means but also by frequency or some kind of (for lack of a better word) wave technology. After all the human brain is nothing more than a fancy organic computer.

Garbage in garbage out.

I also suspect that TV is made, on purpose, to be addictive, like a drug.

This opening thread is a mf of a conspiracy in and of itself.

Part of my last post, on mind control "conditioning".

Most people laugh and flame those that say the public is being systematically "reprogrammed".

Read Brice Taylor's book, "Thanks For The Memories".

She names names, famous names, presidents, senators, actors and not one of them has taken her to court to sue - why? Maybe because TPTB, The ones "in the know" hope we all keep thinking "mind control/conditioning" is a "nut theory" and by laughing this subject off nobody will really investigate it to deeply.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
This opening thread is a mf of a conspiracy in and of itself.

What does "mf" stand for here?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Sorry I have just paid my TV licence and bought a nice new big TV so I don’t think I will be turning it off anytime soon. Not even at night, just because I hate environmentalists so much I like to keep it on permanent stand by just to smite them.

The basic premise of your argument is that you think the NWO are using the television programs to brainwash us all as part of the evil plot for world domination. For such a conspiracy theory to exist so many people would be in on it that it would not be a secret conspiracy, the number of people who would have to be involved in such a theory is massive, so massive it could never work.

I would also bet my nice new big TV that you don’t have a shred of proof that my TV is part of the evil elites plot for world domination. This is just your idea, you were probably bored because now that you have turned off your TV you have nothing else to fill your time with so you thought you would start posting your thoughts on ATS. Thoughts are not proof of anything, this thread actually only proves that TV is a good thing if its purpose is to stop these type of threads.

Your last paragraph is the stuff of dreams. Firstly you have used the term “removing ourselves from the matrix” which suggests that you think we are all part of some computer program or whatever. I took the red pill, so did you because there never has been a need for the blue pill other than in a mediocre sci-fi movie. Then you suggested that out of those who turn of their TV in your grate TV rebellion against the NWO (stick it to the man eh?) will form of grass roots leadership that will evolve from your rebellion and lead the masses against the NWO and there evil TV’s. Sounds like the second coming of our Lord to me.
Also why have you singled out TV, for any such conspiracy like the one you’re talking about all entertainment and media productions would have to been in on it in some way. So that would mean that in addition to your evil TV, video games, DVD’s, music, all facets of the press books and probably even play’s would all have to be under the control of the elites. So now a big conspiracy that was probably so big that it would never work, has just got so massive it has imploded on its self and with it your thoughts about the TV being a evil tool of the NWO are gone.

It’s not just you, I hate all these “Hollywood” conspiracies were people try to find subliminal messages from the NWO in video games and movies. It makes me wonder if you people just hate the thought of entertainment in general.

Anyway, I am now of to watch ma big new evil TV and have my mind warped by the NWO, and yes that was sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
One example that disturbs me very much is that I understand that the series 24 intimates that torture is okay.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If that was in response to my post then you really have to rethink your argument. If you watch 24 it’s not torture for tortures sake, in the TV program it’s almost always in context of the ticking time bomb scenario or its Jack taking a beating.

Why did you single out 24 though, sure it’s an easy target but what about the Rambo films were killing is almost celebrated. For that matter what about any action film quite allot of them have torture scenes that get pretty dam gory, or the SAW films were they really like to take it to the extreme. Then you could move on the video games like MW2 were you get to go into a airport and kill a bunch of innocent civilians. From that you could move on to books, and even plays do you think Shakespeare for example was under the influence of the NWO just because he talked about killing and avenging death.

When you argument is fleshed out it becomes so big that it implodes in on itself and is exposed as just being a random idea that you have had. And you’re not the first one to have this idea and you won’t be the last.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

the number of people who would have to be involved in such a theory is massive, so massive it could never work.

Ever heard of compartmentalisation? Not everyone perpetuating propaganda necessarily has to be conscious of the mendacity of the information they're disseminating. Even Journalists are pretty lacklustre these days at carrying out assiduous research, most just blindly, unquestionably trust the veracity of information they're fed. All it takes is one person. Ultimately, the boss of a TV corporation decides what information he wants and doesn't want his corporation to be promoting, and everyone else simply fulfils their obligation. There doesn't have to be thousands of people involved, just one, at the very highest position of power and influence. That's all it takes. Google 'compartmentalization' and you'll understand. Truth be told, I'm not very sold on the subliminal messages stuff, though. The stuff is so equivocal.

Then you could move on the video games like MW2 were you get to go into a airport and kill a bunch of innocent civilians.

I've heard a lot about that. It seems more likely to me that Infinity Ward just simply wanted to stir up controversy and get tabloid head-lines to ensure they sold crap loads of copies, and it worked. It was just a cynical marketing ploy. A standard Marxist critique would argue that they're purposefully glamorising war and desensitising kids to violence. Seriously though, war as a videogame. What better way to raise the ultimate soldier? To-to.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Nathan-D]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

Compartmentalisation on this scale would be huge you would still have the people who are making the TV programs asking the writers why they keep working in the subliminal messages into their programs, you would still have to tell the actors how to act and they would want to know why they are acting that way. You would have to tell the writers what to write, the cameramen how to shoot the shot to get the right subliminal effect and so on.

These people are all trained in some way in the film industry so will be aware when they are putting subliminal into their production. Then we have all these people all talking to each other about what the other is doing, it would take them about 5 minutes to go “he look this might be a subliminal message for the NWO” . Then word would very quickly get round and other production teams would notice it and before you know it conspiracy implodes in on its self.

Compartmentalisation is just a nice word you like to through about to explain how conspiracies involving thousands of people could work without whistle blowers. The reality is very different, everyone would know a little about what’s going on and before long the conspiracy would be exposed. Some freelance celebrity journalist would get hold of the story, let’s not forget this is the most reported industry on the globe, its under so much scrutiny somebody would eventually let the cat out of the bag.

Nice try though!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Members here on ATS and the public at large who are reading this thread: I say turn the TV off. TV programs are owned by the controllers and powerful messages and misleading information are programmed into us via TV.

Have a look around. Do you really think that this much insanity can be created by the old idiot box?

Seriously, just here on ATS, there are rabid anti-religious fruitloops who foam at the mouth every time someone mentions faith. There are political gladiators who believe that fully half of their fellow citizens are evil and out to destroy the country. Five in ten people think Obama is a Muslim. The other five think he is Christian. Who is right? Does it really matter? In the summer of 1961, a poll found that over 30% of Americans thought Kennedy was an Irish immigrant.

You simply cannot mess this many people up to this horrid degree by a single means. TV may be one avenue but... the internet is far more influential. Coming here to ATS is like walking into a mid-century Tuberculosis ward. You will catch something and take it home with you.

Don't walk, don't talk, don't blink or breathe... the planet is heavily polluted with lunatic fringe politics, religious extremism, media-borne propaganda, bogus ethnic overflow and commercial poisons.

In all likelihood, the TV s probably one of the least harmful influences these days. I'd say... if you're really skeered... unplug the puter.

Cheers

Edit: Paraformat

[edit on 29-8-2010 by redoubt]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Compartmentalisation on this scale would be huge you would still have the people who are making the TV programs asking the writers why they keep working in the subliminal messages into their programs, you would still have to tell the actors how to act and they would want to know why they are acting that way. You would have to tell the writers what to write, the cameramen how to shoot the shot toget the right subliminal effect and so on.

I'm not talking about the sort of nuanced subliminal messages that you're talking about. I'm talking about straight-up, crude propaganda. I find it hard to believe that people are secretly putting subliminal messages into their programmes. For the most part, I actually agree with you in that respect, that's most likely just down to overactive imaginations, looking for things that aren't there and biasly interpreting things to fit their preconceived beliefs. Even if subliminal messages were put into films and programmes though, you just have to have control over the director and the script writer, or even just the premise of the movie itself may be enough. Anyway, I'm talking specifically about simple disinformation from the likes of CNN and FOX. After all, FOX is well known for its links with ultra-conservatism. Don't tell me you actually believe the information you get fed by these mainstream media outlets?

compartmentalisation on this scale would be huge

Compartmentalisation can work on any scale. There's no limit.

The reality is very different, everyone would know a little about what’s going on

That's the whole point of compartmentalisation. To keep people in the dark about the real agenda of your aims to minimize whistleblowers. So, no, not "everyone" would know a little about what's going on, although some may have suspicions but be too afraid to speak out in case of being generically labelled as nutcases by the media and losing their jobs.

before long the conspiracy would be exposed. Some freelance celebrity journalist would get hold of the story

And that's exactly what happens. No surprise here.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Nathan-D]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
TV may be one avenue but... the internet is far more influential.

TV is worse than the internet, I believe, because it is mesmerizing to watch, and because it's largely under the control of globalist corporations.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

i'm a complete 180 degrees from your view..

i like to think that i'm keeping an eye on my puppet masters by listening to the news & movie content aired on cable TV.

i use my critical mind to screen the material, & believe very little of the spoon fed news and 'facts' presented.

i'm more of an 24 hour info junkie, & i do not believe i am being led to buy 'blackberries' or 'I-pads' or 'Nikes' etc etc etc
i swapped my Global Growth Mutual Fund for a Gold & PM Fund back in year 2000....so If i was influenced by TV/Media spin it sure didn't work on me because my behavior was contrarian to the consumerism balloon that spun out of control with the majority of society.

i buy much of my wardrobe from Goodwill, i still have a space wasting monitor for my PC, i still have a few of my 'Disco' clothing from the late '70s...
myself in particular....and many others scattered throughout society walk to our own drumbeat ! Things like product ownership, or the consume & spend lifestyle, credit card run ups... are all foreign to us, & the media hype to live beyond ones' means is like water off my back.

i say stay tuned in to the advertizing & the Eur-Asian war reports ...and all sorts of faux news & fudged edconomic reports/analysis...because you need to know just where your enemy/adversary is going and trending
with the masses following !.... and to act accordingly

thanks,

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

The OP was talking about full blown subliminal messaging not just propaganda spouted by the media. I am not one of these guys who has a rabid mistrust of the MSM, again just to ways for word to get out. I have a friend who is studding journalism, he spends all his time just looking for anything to report on, journalists just wouldn’t bow down to the NWO, nor would they ignore them. Further up however there are most definitely people with agendas mostly supporting political parties and lobbyists and so yes there might be propaganda resulting as a by product of these agendas. But it is my experience that there is always another side of the story to be found in the media, it’s all about balance if you read nothing but conservative media then you’re going to become consumed by conservative propaganda. I think if you use a verity of media sources one can develop a good idea of the real story that is for the most part, free of propaganda.

Back to the OP and the issue of compartmentalisation, the scale of the compartmentalisation needed for a conspiracy like this to work is just way too big. The nature of the entertainment industry makes it even harder, people tend to move between disciplines and thus between compartments. So for example stunt men become actors, actors become directors, and directors become writers who become producers and so on. Also like I said the level of media scrutiny this industry are under makes almost any conspiracy impossible, just look at what happens every time there is a celebrity scandal. Something like this would be perceived to be the biggest celebrity scandal of all time and all it would take would be one journalist seeking to make a name for him or herself and we would all know about it.

Compartmentalisation might work for other conspiracies and it does work for the world of intelligence however I don’t think it is a viable model to apply to entertainment industry. For me the OP is just a example of a ATSter looking for a conspiracy where there isn’t one because we’re running out of stuff to talk about.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Defeating the globalist controllers' NWO agenda seems almost impossible. It seems there are not enough people working on it. I'm thinking today about how to easily get some progress made in involving additional people to work on the task at hand.

Members here on ATS and the public at large who are reading this thread: I say turn the TV off. TV programs are owned by the controllers and powerful messages and misleading information are programmed into us via TV.

If we could at the very least do that - turn the TV off - removing ourselves from the matrix, and, freeing up the time that was spent watching TV - perhaps from this some leadership at the grassroots level will evolve.

[edit on 8/28/2010 by Mary Rose]

Oh yea why dont you bury your ehad in the sand.

The news and all things that are sources of information are crucial. Unless you want to live like the unabomber and stop bathing and such this is just a dumb idea to stop watching tv. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Watching tv and movies is fun unless somehow you think miley cyrus and brangelina are soem kind of global conspiracies. If you do I feel sorry for you. Also sucks your missing out on true blood and the new show empire coming out. Im excited for that one!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This is an early 2009 video; we have a different president now, but the message is not outdated.

David Icke: "Experiments have shown that about 1 1/2 seconds before the conscious mind decides to take action - move its arms, or whatever - speak - 1 1/2 seconds before it consciously decides to do that, the electrical signals have begun in the brain to do it. For me, the conscious level is the experiencer and observer of reality, but the sub-conscious is the creator of it - the generator of it, and this is why the Illuminati want the sub-conscious mind, through subliminals.

"What does 'subliminal' mean? It means below threshold. It's below the threshold the conscious mind picks up - but the sub-conscious mind picks everything up like a sponge. Therefore, they are planting these thoughts into the sub-conscious, which then filters down into the conscious and we think we're having our own thoughts, when actually they're implanted thoughts at a subliminal level."

[edit on 8/30/2010 by Mary Rose]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join