It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clever Use Of Mortars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
For those of you who dont know, The Southern Cross (The Constellation Crux) is considered a symbol of Australia, eg. it is on our flag, & a lot of our olympians & sports stars get a tattoo of it.

Though this is from Australia Day 2008, I thought Id still post it as it is very well done & would have taken some good calculations to do.

It was done by a mortar section of 2 RAR (Royal Australian Regiment, Infantry) while in Afghanistan (if that means this should be in the War on Terror category, please move).

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

thats quiet good
nicely co-ordinated and so forth,

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Impressed, more impressed than I thought I'd be, it was Aussies after all, but that was great mortaring, I imagine they can unleash a devastating field of carnage when they put their skills to the proper use with that level of precise coordination.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
outstanding job

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
its UFOs in afghanistan, good cover up by the troops!! they got disclosure themselves!! LOL im joking, very well done indeed. Credit goes to all troops in the war zones male or femakle, Australian, US or British .. brave men and women

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Cool video but I have to say that the southern cross thing isn't an Australian thing at all.

New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa and Brazil all have the southern cross on their flags and have as much right to it as the rest of the southern hemisphere does.

On a personal note, using it as a tat or sticker to show patriotism shows the real ignorant, bogan side of us...

Did I mention it was a cool vid....?

[edit on 29/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well I never noticed, you have to be kidding, you really think Im that stupid ?

A little thought & you would have realised I wasnt explaining to Aussies but to those who dont even know what it is ! Let alone its alternate name, hence I provided its constellation name.

I dont like tats either, but again, I was explaining its importance in Australia, another obvious thing.

Yes, it is a cool video, that was the reason for the thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

It is some sort of coordinated illumination pattern to mimmic the flag, that's quite impressive. I wonder how in the heck they could even know where them things were gonna explode at. I guess the Australian fighting forces have their stuff together!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by breemtameem

It would have taken some very careful mathematics to do thats for sure.

I know this may upset some people, but Australia does have an extremely good defence force. From my experience, this is partly due to the small size of it.

We are able to be very picky about who is accepted, there is more money capable of being spent training each soldier (sailer, airman), & the small size means that the front line troops (at least) are/must be multi-skilled.

We may not have the numbers, but the training etc make for a very effective & skilled group of men & women. I was proud to serve with them.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
reply to post by breemtameem

It would have taken some very careful mathematics to do thats for sure.

I know this may upset some people, but Australia does have an extremely good defence force. From my experience, this is partly due to the small size of it.

We are able to be very picky about who is accepted, there is more money capable of being spent training each soldier (sailer, airman), & the small size means that the front line troops (at least) are/must be multi-skilled.

We may not have the numbers, but the training etc make for a very effective & skilled group of men & women. I was proud to serve with them.

It might be great experience to serve with them, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by clarknick67

Best time of my life.

I wish I hadnt of got injured.

join