posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:18 AM
A little off topic and for that I apologise but someone hopefully will find this useful.
Please do not be tempted to use Bleach to "clean" bowls or anything else. Firstly, bleach (Hypochlorite solution) does not kill everything it
touches as one poster suggested until a concentration of 1500ppm is achieved and at that concentration your eyes will be watering and you DO NOT want
to mess with it.
Secondly no-one should use disinfectant materials (bleach) for cleaning purposes they are not up to the job.
The easiest and most pragmatic solution is also the most boring, clean it with normal detergent, warm water and a scrub with a brush. This will clean
the surface far more effectively than application of bleach can even dream of.
I know a lot of bleach products are sold to us for use in the bathrooms and toilets in our houses, but think on this. What better way to make money
can you think of than to sell you something someone tells you you must have and then advises you to pour it down the toilet or sink unit!!!!
I wish I had started that scam I would be rich right about now.
Associating clean with the smell of bleach is a great marketting tool and I wish I had thought of it.
On a side note disinfectant materials should only be used when the surface they are being used on is already clean, some companies have tried to get
past this "golden rule" by creating a class of products that does neither job well, these they call sanitizers? And we buy them by the billions!!!!!
Anyway apologies for the off topic post but safety first eh!!!
Back on topic, if the bowl is clean nothing will grow in it simple as that.
When it gets dirty and provides a nutrient source for the bacteria or algae then they will grow. Clean equates with no growth, anyone who has a dog
knows that if they refill a dirty bowl without cleaning it the cloudy water returns within a few hours.
Long time since my last post so welcome back me ..!!!!!