It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: The opposition made me dog Monica.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

"Bill Clinton will hold a lavish Manhattan party for 1,000 guests on Monday to mark the publication of his autobiography, "My Life".
In an interview with the BBC to promote the book Mr Clinton says the relationship with Ms Lewinsky happened during a period in his presidency when he had been vulnerable.

He suggested to the BBC's Panorama programme that the affair was to some extent the fault of pressures exerted by his political enemies."

So there we have it. It was the Republicans fault that Lewinsky smoked old Bill's cigar.

And it was probably down to the fairies that he let Osama go.....

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I saw an interview where he took full responsibility for his indiscretions, and went so far as to say he did it for the worst possible reason... "because he could." Very honest.

If there was any animosity in his comments it was only regarding the fruitless $70 million dollars of US tax dollars he regretted the Republicans spent on a witch hunt to undermine and embarrass the sitting President.

But I'm just going off what I saw him say, not the cited article. Which upon reviewing, I see where it says Clinton "suggests" those accusations, but he's not quoted. Hmmm. I wonder how he suggested it was the Republicans fault, or if he did at all.

It does say he blames his infidelity on "old demons". Seems consistent with earlier interviews to me.

The only reason I could imagine Republicans taking offense to this or assuming he's blaming them for Monica is if indeed they are "old demons."

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Obviously he had an affair because Mrs. Clinton was not an atractive choice for him to vent his frustation and anger.

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!presidents are human after all.

And trhough history he is not the first and will not be the last. Now blaming the opposition well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have to blame somebody. Right?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Obviously he had an affair because Mrs. Clinton was not an atractive choice for him to vent his frustation and anger.

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!presidents are human after all.

And trhough history he is not the first and will not be the last. Now blaming the opposition well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have to blame somebody. Right?

Reminds me of a story I heard about another democratic president, one who I admired very much..John F. Kennedy.

Young JFK was a junior senator, on holiday break and enroute to a retreat in Maine with another junior senator. On the ride up the other junior senator received an urgent message that he was needed back in D.C. for a very important vote. He immediately began his return trip. Part way through the trip, he realized that the entire congress was on holiday break. He went back up to Maine, opened the door to the cabin, and there was JFK, bare naked, chasing two young lovelies around the cabin.

He had been set up like a bowling pin! You gotta love it.

You're right marg, Clinton wasn't the first, nor will he be the last.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why blame it on vulnerability when it's easier, and more believable to just say that he wanted her, so he had her.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So one day Billy was distracted. His old enemies had been dogging him for weeks, he was distracted. In fact, he was so distracted that one day whilst he was walking through the White House he did not see the bar of soap that was lying suspiciously on the floor when...

*whoops!*

Billy slips and his dick somehow falls into Ms Lewinsky's mouth. "Whoa! I'm sorry Ms M. This just isn't my day".

What a story that would be, damn them Republicans.

new topics

top topics

join