It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Bred To Fight Wars?! *Urged Investigation*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just a couple days ago, I was walking through a Target with my 16 month old boy, and while walking down the toy isle, I noticed something that was underneath my nose for a long time. The toys themselves…. It seems like our toys have been promoting, and even breeding, our children for war. It can’t be denied that our culture has become more and more violent, and it could possibly be from the toys, the TV shows, and the video games that the kids are playing with.

Here are some links of these toys (not sure how to post the pics themselves on this page).

www.walyou.com...

gadgets.softpedia.com...

www.wired.com...

www.moonbattery.com...

Those are REALISTIC guns, but considered “ok” b/c of their FUN colors. We are nothing short of slaves to the system, and are bred to fight, and die for the elite. I am BEGGING for someone to investigate NERF/Parker Brothers, and to uncover possible CIA/NSA/Military Complex connections. This has to stop!!

[edit on 28-8-2010 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here is a youtube video of a list of their toy guns...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Kids (especially boys) have been playing at fighting and killing each other since time immemorial, they don’t need any encouragement to do that. I remember picking up sticks when I was little and pretending they were machine guns or swords, I didn't need a plastic replica to pretend. I think this is just a case supply and demand.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I did a google search for the founders name and miltary ties which brought nothing but wikipedia which also had nothing.

But on another note, i like war games, i hate wars. I think war is better left in imaginationland due to its long lasting destructive tendencies.

Maybe its a little healthy for kids to pretend theyre heroes of battle, as long as they dont turn into money hungry, power loving dictators later.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Since you said you didn't know how to put up the pics, I did it for you

(p.s., to post pics, type in ["ats"] without the quotes, the link to the jpg, followed by [/"ats"] without the quotes, but with the /. You can click "quote" of my post in order to see how I did it.)

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am more concerned about the violent video games than the nerf guns.

But, this is an interesting thread! Keep it coming!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There's a large amusement park near my home (boasts the largest wood-frame roller-coaster in the US) and each summer my wife and I make a day to visit it. More out of habit than anything else.

The US Army has a big tent on the grounds, just inside the "midway" area, and it's air conditioned and packed with video games. The latest games and even protypes that aren't on the market yet. The kids get to play free, and all they have to do is fill out cards (name, address, age, email, and that sort of thing) to get swipe-cards for however many passes are available per card. Then they can go nuts.

I was looking at the controller layout of some of our military weapons systems and they are the same as video game controllers, in general. The joy-stick, the thumb buttons and such, and it hit me that the video gaming industry is completely synced up with the DoD on training kids to man high-tech weapons systems with a minimum of training and acclimation time needed.

Then I remembered that enormous US Army tent at the park, and how the games were free to the teens who filled out the cards. It hit me that the DoD was stripping those cards with that kid's information, and when the kid played, his totals, as well as his over all finesse with the system's interface, was probably being mapped and associated with his personal data. This would give recruiters a leg up when hunting for quality weapons systems prospects from graduation year to graduation year.

Kind of creeps me out, but when you look at it from their perspective, the upstream marketing advantage is pretty significant. These are kids who love fighting with the tools that the Army will provide them. The only difference would be that the enemy actually exists and actually dies.

The US is being culture groomed to become the global law enforcement entity. Once the middle class has been finally stripped out (forcing all young people into military careers if they want any future other than service or healthcare careers) then the DoD budgets will expand to allow for the increased force levels and expanded mission. Probably 10 years from now.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

I shoot a lot of guns. None of mine look like that. I do not see how you consider those to be "realistic" guns.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I cannot stand a kid with a toygun. So i didn't buy any.

Guess what? They got a drawerful. Get given etc.

You make an excellent point here.

s+f.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As someone stated before, kids have been playing war since the first cavemen picked up sticks. I don't think anything is different really.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was worried that this was a thread about kids being specifically being raised as warriors, and some concerned parent had an epithany. I was going to mention that this has been going on only since ancient Greek times, but that is only the written history. There are older oral histories of warrior races. But, this isn't the case.

Military action figures have been around since the mid 1960's. They were called dolls back then but had a name change in the early 70's so boys wouldn't turn into queers playing with them.

Toys make money for many companies. Military based toys sell real well to all age kids. It's not about ideals, nor making warriors; it's about money.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Falken

How far is too far? Our kids are being raised playing with toy guns that chamber, and reload like real guns. Ofcoarse we all grew up playing 'cops and robbers' but when does it stop on creating these kinds of toys? Is it ok creating an industry that teaches our children to kill one another with realistic suits, and weapons?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I think you are onto something. If there were not such a barrage of military toys on the shelves these days, fighting each other and war would not be uppermost in children s minds. Perhaps we would have a chance.

You are absolutely right I think it is deliberate desensitization and conditioning for the draft or the military or for war. It is disgusting.
Unfortunately too many people are asleep at the wheel. They chime in to say this is harmless fun, that's been going on for a long time.
No way, not like this.

I was a kid once and we had a few cap guns in holsters along with our cowboy hats, maybe an Ozzie, but certainly not the giant industrial military complex we see on store shelves and being pushed onto kids today.
I am going to watch for the "weaponry" promoted in childrens Christmas toy advertisements. I dread this time of year but it is coming...
Excellent observation and extremely sad, but true point.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Kids (especially boys) have been playing at fighting and killing each other since time immemorial, they don’t need any encouragement to do that. I remember picking up sticks when I was little and pretending they were machine guns or swords, I didn't need a plastic replica to pretend. I think this is just a case supply and demand.

I agree.

I used to pretend a black whiffle ball bat was a machine gun when I was a little boy. The libs could ban everything that even remotely looked like a gun and boys will still find things to make guns out of.

You can't neuter boys into being sissies.

Gun bans don't work. Even for toys.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ummmm....dude.... Are you telling me that you didn't play with waterguns or rubberband guns when you where a kid? Or where you the type that stayed home and played with dolls?

Either way: NO kids are NOT being bred to fight wars. Out of all the places to find a conspiracy, this ain't it!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Alright, take the toy gun ban which we've had in Brazil for a few years now.

Now look at the crime rates in Rio de Janeiro... absolutely no difference since toy ban and now, we still see the same amounts of kids carrying AK-47's and shooting each other for the fun of it.

Now I agree it's wrong to make toys as realistic as the one's you posted, but a parent should know what limits to put on his child. I was raised in a military home, my parents let me read books about guns, touch guns, and play with gun toys. I am NOT a murderer, nor am I desensitized to violence or the capabilities of a weapon.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Falken]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You may also want to look into those "Jesus Camps" who are militarizing the kids for some Holy War between faiths but in reality THERE IS NO WAR OF THE FAITHS, NEITHER IS THERE A HOLY WAR GOING ON!

Turn the video games off and give your kids some diecast model cars or something constructive they can do to enhance and to expand upon thier mind and creativity. Video games do not allow for critical thinking and leaves the imagination blank traditionally stifiling creative thinking and thought. Kids are being taught nowadays that violence is the way to go but common sense and logic that dictates to love and respect everyone and to treat everyone as an equal somehow has gone out the window.

Remember this when buying vid games, you sped $500 on a system and a few games but in reality what are they actually learning? What social skills does that teach the kid, or does it teach them that self isolation is the way forward? You effectivley make the vid games companies richer while you, who worked your tail off for that system become poorer. Vid Games are just an excuse to not be a parent. The console becomes the kid's new babysitter.

Turn off the games and get the kid out of the house and off the couch as the video game industry is solely and squarely responsible for the rise of childhood obesity and causes more problems then it solves. If a kid spends 5 hours a day playing vid games while knocking back high calorie snacks and sugary crud will make the kid obese by the time thier in High School. The weight the minor puts on during youth needs to be burned off during adolescence or else it will make it that much harder for the kid to have proper weight and health management as adults which allows for a rise in adult depression due to being overweight. Proper eating, food intake during childhood and adolesence typically results (9.1 - 9.4 out of 10 times) in a healthier adult life with next to no depression.

Obesity also adds to depression, lack of self esteem and self confidence. Three key items classically needed in order to become sucessful adults.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hey, there have been toy guns for many years, since the Revolution I would wager. when I was a child in the 50s, I had a toy Thompson Machine gun that looked real, and shot caps. I also have a Mattel cap & ball revolver that actually shot plastic bullets when fired. We took our toy guns to school every day, and during recess we played war, that's right, war. Seven of my school mates went on to Viet Nam and never came home, the two that did make it, one was killed by a drunk driver two weeks after coming home, the other one never really came home at all, he lives in a mental hospital. Yes, I agree with you, our children are primed to fight in wars, for the War Machine, sometimes called the Military Industrial Complex is all about making new wars, and war is business, and business is good.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I had a feeling this debate was going to fall along the lines of "boys" and "girls" and what is appropriate to each. Little boys and little men will always love their guns. It is an extension of their personality. With those they can get things done or at least make others get things done.

Guns are useful for anyone who is too big for you to slap, like a woman or a child you really don't need a gun, but a man, a real man who is bigger than you are...well the only defense a small man has is the gun.

These are really just frightened little boys.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
children emulate what grownups do; girls would play house, boys played war, cowboys & indians, etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join